Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This game is a glowing endorsement of why we need o-line in the draft.

pr11fan

Ramsey has a 93.8 passer rating in the 1st half and he has had time to throw the ball for the most part, it's not a coincidence, against better teams Dockery and Raymer get beat too much and in turn our whole offense suffers, build an o-line that can give Ramsey time against better defenses and watch the entire offense improve. I would say if we win this trade down to the mid 20's and go after David Baas and pick up at least one second rounder to draft a center like Wilkerson or Incognito and draft a DE in the 3rd, possibly Chris Canty who would've been a 1st rounder if not for the injury this year.

It is completely obvious to me, our best games on offense have been where our o-line has been able to control the game, ie: today and the second g-men game when they were decimated up front. Get guys that can do that week in and week out.

Originally posted by jtyler42

I think we will upgrade our o-line through FA...

I think we will be looking at OL in FA too. Unless we lose Samuels, it will probably just the center position though. It seems as though the coaching staff isnt ready to replace dockery.

I think that we will probably be looking for an upgrade DE in FA also. But a lot of that will depend on the out come of this game.

Originally posted by Art

Notice there, they move Williams away from Dockery and he immediately makes a play. Should we replace Thomas?

Good point! Two big plays now. But I still think we only look for an upgrade at center. Thomas is normally pretty solid.

If Gibbs deems dockery to have improved enough this year to earn a starting spot I'm perfectly fine with that, I have some doubts but whatever, either way Raymer needs to be replaced, I'm thinking a trade down in the first to draft Baas or gaining a 2nd and drafting someone like Wilkerson.

We need a center. A weak center destroys an entire OLine, plus the fact that Jansen has been out all season long...

I still say look through FA first for OLine, then draft a C and a DE in the draft... Probably DE first round, C third... Wilkerson should still be there in the third round...

I am going to go so far as to say Oline is our greatest need in the off-season. Obviously, we need a new center. I am not completely sold on Dockery either. Thomas is solid and should be kept. Jansen will be a nice addition to the right side when he returns. Hopefully, Samuels gets his contract situation resolved and he returns. If we use FA to get a player, use it to get a center. We can draft for the rest of our problems.

I'd still like to see better blocking at the TE position.

Sure Roy-al has sown up like beast the last five games, but we need someone who can play both roles of blocker and catching TE.

I just can't see us starting a rookie center. I will agree wholeheartedly that we need depth from this draft.

I'm still firmly on the Heath Miller bandwagon, but if we can get a many more picks by trading down, I am ALL for it....

Originally posted by Art

Notice there, they move Williams away from Dockery and he immediately makes a play. Should we replace Thomas?

I'm not as sold on Thomas as many on this board are. I think he's a solid player but clearly not the Pro-Bowl caliber player he was made out to be when we signed him. Plus he makes a lot of money for an average to above-average interior linemen.

Folks, Thomas is a good player.

But he fits a Spurrier type scheme better than a Gibbs schem I think.

I see him as more of a finesse guard.

Of course Raymer on one side and Brown on the other could make a Munoz or lachey caliber player look bad....

I say that, but you have to give props to 41 yr. old guard playing tackle as best he can.

Plan A:

We draft Mike Williams

Plan B:

If Williams isnt there we drop down and pick up a 2nd rnd pick....W/the 1st pick we draft Heath Miller at TE from UVA, and with the 2nd pick we draft DE Justin Tuck from ND, W/the 3rd pick we draft A QB of the future to groom and w/the remaining picks we draft depth at OL, DL, LB...

C can be addressed in FA....

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

we get a o-liner in FA, mike williams int he draft, and the rest should be depth and a DE

FA = old = injury

or

FA = over priced = lose other players

No thanks. Mike Williams is not needed here. What is needed is a team that does things right. Strengthen your lines with young talent and build around them. The idea of dealing with your lines as an after thought, like you have done, is what has kept this team down for years.

Pretty offensive weapons don't mean sh!t if your QB can't drop back more then 3 steps without having a defender in his face.

Archived