Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This game is a glowing endorsement of why we need o-line in the draft.

pr11fan

In my opinion Doc has played poorly all year. He makes some good plays. I do see him get to the second level at times and take out a backer. But he is on the ground to often. And is often beat soundly if he has to extend latterly to pickup a blitzer, a stunt, or even when the D Tackle square up gets a quick jump.

When the play is over befor it even gets started you can often see Doc laying on the ground at the los. He does appear to be sound, to me, in the straight ahead running game. But not overpowering like you might expect out of a guy his size. And has been in my opinion, completely ineffective pulling on the counter plays. To his credit, the rythem of the counter is often disrupted by Raymer being pushed back into the path of the pulling lineman. When he does get around in rythem, often, he is either to upright to overpower a defender or overextends and ends up on his face, again. In my opinion, to say that Doc is unalthetic is a bit of a strech, clumsy is more accurate. I guess we will see if Joe and the Boss Hog still think they can mold Doc.

By the way, did Bass play center in the bowl game? I thought I saw him there. But I only had a chance to watch a couple of series from Michigan. I thought Bass was a guard?

HTTR

Why do people say we need wideout? As of now we have:

Coles, Gardner, Jacobs, McCants, Brown, Thrash...

If we lose Gardner we still have plenty of guys to step up and play the position... Paying top dollar for Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards when we don't have a good blocking offensive line and a good pash rush is just goofy.

We have a lot of money invested in the o-line already. I think the best thing to do was mentioned earlier. Trade down to the early twenties and pick up david bass. He looked good playing against rod wright in the rose bowl. We will probably get a 2nd and maybe fourth with this scenario. I think one of the ends will drop to the second (Maybe Matt Roth or tuck). :2cents:

Archived