Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Current Draft Order...

Dirk Diggler

Originally posted by cphil006

Actually Ramsey was the 31st pick.

Our "GM' Vinny Cerrato sucks,

LA & Samuels were obvious picks and they both seem overrated according to many people.

Champ Bailey gets burned on a regualr basis and is overrated.

Sean Taylor was picked by Gibbs and Williams. Cerrato wanted Winslow.

Where is the diamond in the rough. Where is a hidden gem? We need a GM to find these. Vinny Cerrato sucks.

Thanks for correcting me I knew Ramsey was in the low first rnd didnt know exactly where and was to lazy to look it up!

The diamonds in the rough are Jansen 2nd rnd, Smoot 2nd rnd, Pierce undrafted FA, Cooley 3rd rnd, Rock 7th rnd, DMac 5th rnd, Ladell Betts 2nd rnd and there are others to mention as well these are the most notable that I can think of now...

Our problem isnt finding talent it is over paying for FA and giving up draft picks, Cerrato has actually been pretty good at getting talent in the draft when we had picks...

Originally posted by jtyler42

Thanks for correcting me I knew Ramsey was in the low first rnd didnt know exactly where and was to lazy to look it up!

The diamonds in the rough are Jansen 2nd rnd, Smoot 2nd rnd, Pierce undrafted FA, Cooley 3rd rnd, Rock 7th rnd, DMac 5th rnd, Ladell Betts 2nd rnd and there are others to mention as well these are the most notable that I can think of now...

Our problem isnt finding talent it is over paying for FA and giving up draft picks, Cerrato has actually been pretty good at getting talent in the draft when we had picks...

Champ and Jansen were both picked by Casserly, don't forget that.

Smoot was picked by Marty as was Pierce.

Vinny's draft record? Spotty at best

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

On the other hand, Joe Montana was a late 2nd to early 3rd rounder (if I remember correctly) & Tom Brady was Pick #177 of his draft (again, I think). Look at Eli Manning. He's nowhere nearly as talented as his brother, but then, look at Roethlisburger. He's undefeated as a Rookie & just DESTROYED said record. Still going, in fact. He could very well win the Super Bowl as the starting QB-as a Rookie.

However, is that because undrafted rookie QBs are better players than the first-pick QB? Or is it because Bettis makes a rookie QB look better?

Yes, Joe Montana was a third-round draft pick. Yes, every team in the NFL passed him over, twice. (If it weren't for trades).

(Someday, like at the HoF game, I'd like to see an Aflac trivia question: Out of all the players in the HoF, what percentage weren't drafted in the first round?)

I think we are better served taking someone on the offensive side of the football. A playmaker who can make an impact right away. I mean, our defense was terrific this year, a few mistakes here and there but you can only imagine what Williams will do with em in year two of the return of the National Defense. I say throw Joe a bone and take Mike Williams or Braylan Edwards. now I know on paper that makes zero sense, everyone says that the skins receivers are one of our strengths, but seriously, I know you all saw how many dropped balls we had this year, or how many times Ramsey got killed on a coverage sacks, or slow old man Brunell had to jog(he can't run anymore) outside the pocket because our receivers either didn't care or just gave up. No one got seperation on a consistant basis. I mean, we had some sparks, but nothin to write home about. I think the Skins need a new version of the posse. That was the Joe Gibbs offense that no one saw this year. The play-action bombs that broke a teams back a sealed the win. The quick roll-outs to a streaking Clint Didier(Cooley) or Risky Sanders on a 6-yard slant that turned into a 60-yard TD. I say take a WR...just my opinion. That and for the love of god let's hope Jansen stays healthy next year, along with everyone else. We all know that everything starts up front.

:helmet:

Originally posted by bricucci

You are a douche$#%#$g, nevermind I won't start but you have no idea what you are talking about and need to stop before you look like a real idiot.

Because I have an opinion about the draft? o k :nana: I'm sorry that I didn't have the EXACT number that Ramsey was drafted. :rolleyes: I certainly don't think that merits name calling though. But right back at ya. :finger:

Hate Champ Bailey or not, but he was and is an allpro. That is a sucessful draft pick. Get off the Heath Shuler thing it was like 10 years ago.

I never once said that I hated Champ Bailey. If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure that I said that he was GREAT when Green was still here & good after he left. He has been declining ever since & QBs are starting to figure him out, as well as WRs.

I was using Heath Shuler as an example. The question was based on how we feel about Draft picks. I answered the question. Period. If you happened to notice, I also mentioned Joe Montana who was drafted more than 10 years ago. I also mentioned Tom Brady. Neither of these 2 EVER played for the Redskins, but again, it was for an example. I'm sorry that I brought it up.

Patrick was actually lower than 26 he was the last pick of the 1st round in which the skins traded down several times. He has better numbers than any qb taken in front of him in the draft.

Now who looks like the idiot. :doh:

Originally posted by Larry

However, is that because undrafted rookie QBs are better players than the first-pick QB? Or is it because Bettis makes a rookie QB look better?

I think it's a combination. Bettis is having a GREAT year & has helped take alot of pressure off #7. But I don't that Eli Manning could have gone in under the same circumstances & done what Ben has done. Even a Rookie is going be shaky at times, but Big Ben...you just don't see it very often. Eli has been nothing BUT shaky & should be kicking himself royally for asking to NOT be traded to SD. What a dolt. :laugh:

yes some people really do have short memories. we started off with the 17th pick, traded with OAK for the 21st pick, then traded down again with the pats for the last pick in the draft #32. we got some extra draft picks and got cliff russell, rashaud bauman, andre lott and some others that did not last. It was only a couple of years ago guys, come on the brain is a muscle that needs to be worked for it to be strong.;)

Originally posted by lookoutforlavar

yes some people really do have short memories. we started off with the 17th pick, traded with OAK for the 21st pick, then traded down again with the pats for the last pick in the draft #32. we got some extra draft picks and got cliff russell, rashaud bauman, andre lott and some others that did not last. It was only a couple of years ago guys, come on the brain is a muscle that needs to be worked for it to be strong.;) [/QUjavascript:smilie(':gaintsuck')

Giants SuckOTE]

Even with all of the trading down, we had a chance at Ed Reed.

This guy is a true playmaker, who blocks punts and runs them back for TD's. Intercepts passes and takes them back for TD's. Recovers fumbles and returns them for TD's.

This was a gross mistake. Even when he was a Safety at Miami, anyone with any sense could see this guy was something special, a leader and a playmaker. He makes as many, if not more game changing plays than Ray Lewis. Would we have been in the same position to take Sean Taylor in 2004. Maybe, maybe not. But if we were there we probably still couldn't pass on him. Taylor at FS & Ed Reed at SS. :cloud9:

Originally posted by Charlie Murphaaay
Originally posted by lookoutforlavar

yes some people really do have short memories. we started off with the 17th pick, traded with OAK for the 21st pick, then traded down again with the pats for the last pick in the draft #32. we got some extra draft picks and got cliff russell, rashaud bauman, andre lott and some others that did not last. It was only a couple of years ago guys, come on the brain is a muscle that needs to be worked for it to be strong.;) [/QUjavascript:smilie(':gaintsuck')

Giants SuckOTE]

Even with all of the trading down, we had a chance at Ed Reed.

This guy is a true playmaker, who blocks punts and runs them back for TD's. Intercepts passes and takes them back for TD's. Recovers fumbles and returns them for TD's.

This was a gross mistake. Even when he was a Safety at Miami, anyone with any sense could see this guy was something special, a leader and a playmaker. He makes as many, if not more game changing plays than Ray Lewis. Would we have been in the same position to take Sean Taylor in 2004. Maybe, maybe not. But if we were there we probably still couldn't pass on him. Taylor at FS & Ed Reed at SS. :cloud9:

Wouldn't have happened... Two High first round safeties in a time span of three eyars in pretty much unheard of, and we would have other glaring needs...

If we had Reed we would have Winslow right now. Guaranteed.

Archived