Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs

Mania

I'm sick and tired of all the fans posting negative comments on the Redskins and what we need to do in FA. All these negative comments about Joe Gibb's are very trying.

Gibb's is a HOF coach and will turn this team around. It is starting to show already. I know it is difficult to see during a loss, especially a last minute loss to the Cowboys.

Look at all the games we have been in the past year. Their were only two games that we lost by more than a touchdown. The Green Bay game 28-14 and the Philly game 28-6. I really feel we would've one the Green Bay game had the refs been wearing their glasses. When they took the touchdown away from us that was draining and it showed in Green Bay's last drive for the touchdown.

Game 1

We win against the Buccaneers 16-10 and we are all excited and talking playoffs.

Game 2

We lose to the Giants with 7 turnovers, but we only lose 20-14 in a game we should've one handily.

Game 3

We lose to the Dallas Cowboys 21-18 in a game that was taken away from us by the referees.

Game 4

We lose to the Cleveland Browns in a game because of a late fumble. 17-13

Game 5

Loss to the Ravens after having a 10 point lead. Turnovers cost us this game.

Game 6

13-10 Win over the bears heading into the bye week that probably gave Brunell some life.

Game 7

The dreaded loss to the Ref's during the Packer game. 28-14.

Game 8

17-10 win over the Detoit Lion. We find out that Portis has an arm and Coles can score a TD.

Game 9

17-10 Loss to the Bengals. The best loss of the year because Ramsey comes in and has a decent day and almost brings us back.

Game 10

28-6 Loss to Philly after a 7-6 lead at halftime. Too many penalties and bad clock management again kills us.

Game 11

16-7 Loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. We were expected to lose, but we cover the spread agains the best team in the league.

Game 12

31-7 demolition of the Giants is the first game we score over 18 points in a game. Finally!

Game 13

17-14 Loss to Philly and the referees again played a part in this loss. Still we outplayed them and everyone on ES knew that.

Game 14

26-16 beating of the lowly 49ers. As the defense finally scores. Four picks in this game, they were dominating.

Game 15

Loss in the final seconds to the Dallas Cowpukes. God I hate losing to the Cowboys, especially in the waning moments. We will sweep them next year. Score 13-10.

We have lost 9 games by a touchdown or less and four games by 4 points or less. Gibb's will have this ship rited. If you believe sign in.

I get sick and tired of hearing people say that criticizing Gibbs is wrong because he's a HOF coach. He's a HOF coach for what he did in the 80's and 91 not for what he's done now. He was out of the game for 12 years and has shown he deserves to be questioned as much as anyone else (admittedly so)

Originally posted by mookie0720

I get sick and tired of hearing people say that criticizing Gibbs is wrong because he's a HOF coach. He's a HOF coach for what he did in the 80's and 91 not for what he's done now. He was out of the game for 12 years and has shown he deserves to be questioned as much as anyone else (admittedly so)

Dude, you were at home watching Barney the last time Gibbs won a Super Bowl.

I dont think you have the NFL coaching experience to say that Gibbs can't coach anymore.

I remain hopeful for next season. but anyone in his right mind must admit that this has been one of the most pathetic offensive teams ever assembled to march through a season. when contronted by a marginally good defense they can only muster one touch a game!

come out and say it - from the coahing through the players on offense.....THEY *UCKED THIS YEAR. what a horrible, horrible display of offensive bumbling. look at it this way - the Cards had a better offense than these guys. here's hoping personnel moves - yet again - can fix things during the off-season.

Originally posted by lolhahaha

Dude, you were at home watching Barney the last time Gibbs won a Super Bowl.

I dont think you have the NFL coaching experience to say that Gibbs can't coach anymore.

I never said he can't coach anymore, I said that he is not beyond reproach as many people here like to think. He himself has even said that a lot of the blame this year is on him. If you want you can sit there and be happy with the pop warner offense we run, as our losses continue to pile up.

Originally posted by lolhahaha

http://www.characterproducts.com/info/character_histories/barney_doorway.htm

" The first Barney home videos were released in 1988."

Maybe that is where all you older folks are wrong. You lived through the first Gibbs era, you saw the glory, so you refuse to believe that Gibbs could be anything less than perfect this time around. What he did in the past is irrelevant to today's team. This is why he doesn't walk around Redskins Park wearing his Super Bowl rings, because they don't matter anymore. He's in the HOF for his accomplishments in the 80's not in 2004. That being said, he IS a smart man and I think he WILL take this offseason to modernize his offense and come back with a much better product in 2005. Either way, don't try and sugarcoat this season and try to act like he doesn't share blame in this, because he's as responsible as anyone else on the team.

Originally posted by mookie0720

Maybe that is where all you older folks are wrong. You lived through the first Gibbs era, you saw the glory, so you refuse to believe that Gibbs could be anything less than perfect this time around. What he did in the past is irrelevant to today's team. This is why he doesn't walk around Redskins Park wearing his Super Bowl rings, because they don't matter anymore. He's in the HOF for his accomplishments in the 80's not in 2004. That being said, he IS a smart man and I think he WILL take this offseason to modernize his offense and come back with a much better product in 2005. Either way, don't try and sugarcoat this season and try to act like he doesn't share blame in this, because he's as responsible as anyone else on the team.

i probably qualify as one of those "older folks" since I grew up during the 80s and Gibbs' last SB coincided with my senior year in college -- i agree with what you're saying -- if anything, i actually think the older guys should be EVEN MORE inclined to shake their heads in disbelief and say WTF with the way this season has gone

as for the notion that gibbs deserves a certain latitude, yeah, there's merit to that too, but my question to you is this: DURING GIBBS FIRST TENURE, DIDN'T YOU QUESTION SOME OF HIS DECISIONS BACK THEN? I know that there's got to have been a fair share of games ,YES EVEN DURING THE GLORY YEARS, where Gibbs was just plain wrong or outcoached, or NOT QUITE LIVING up to the standards of a HOF coach -- maybe it was a game or two here or there, but still, the man WAS NEVER PERFECT

yet for some reason, in the 12 YEARS SINCE HE LEFT FOOTBALL, HE ACQUIRED A MYTHIC STATUS THAT'S ACTUALLY EXCEEDED HIS STATUS WHEN HE WAS ACTUALLY HERE -- just being objective about this, but my sense is that some people on this board have somehow made themselves believe that he won 12 additional SUPER BOWLS in some parallel universe perhaps and has like 15 rings and trophies to his credit

at any rate, all i'm saying is that if you're really being objective about this, then you'd realize that he was really quite FALLIBLE in his first go-round -- yes, he deserves credit because of what he did, but also, like i said, imagine you're back in 1987 or so -- would you treat Gibbs in the sancrosanct manner then as you somehow insist on treating him NOW in 2004 -- I DOUBT GIBBS HIMSELF WOULD WANT TO BE FOLLOWED SO BLINDLY

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

I'm sick and tired of all the fans posting negative comments on the Redskins and what we need to do in FA. All these negative comments about Joe Gibb's are very trying.

Gibb's is a HOF coach and will turn this team around. It is starting to show already. I know it is difficult to see during a loss, especially a last minute loss to the Cowboys.

Look at all the games we have been in the past year. Their were only two games that we lost by more than a touchdown. The Green Bay game 28-14 and the Philly game 28-6. I really feel we would've one the Green Bay game had the refs been wearing their glasses. When they took the touchdown away from us that was draining and it showed in Green Bay's last drive for the touchdown.

Game 1

We win against the Buccaneers 16-10 and we are all excited and talking playoffs.

Game 2

We lose to the Giants with 7 turnovers, but we only lose 20-14 in a game we should've one handily.

Game 3

We lose to the Dallas Cowboys 21-18 in a game that was taken away from us by the referees.

Game 4

We lose to the Cleveland Browns in a game because of a late fumble. 17-13

Game 5

Loss to the Ravens after having a 10 point lead. Turnovers cost us this game.

Game 6

13-10 Win over the bears heading into the bye week that probably gave Brunell some life.

Game 7

The dreaded loss to the Ref's during the Packer game. 28-14.

Game 8

17-10 win over the Detoit Lion. We find out that Portis has an arm and Coles can score a TD.

Game 9

17-10 Loss to the Bengals. The best loss of the year because Ramsey comes in and has a decent day and almost brings us back.

Game 10

28-6 Loss to Philly after a 7-6 lead at halftime. Too many penalties and bad clock management again kills us.

Game 11

16-7 Loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. We were expected to lose, but we cover the spread agains the best team in the league.

Game 12

31-7 demolition of the Giants is the first game we score over 18 points in a game. Finally!

Game 13

17-14 Loss to Philly and the referees again played a part in this loss. Still we outplayed them and everyone on ES knew that.

Game 14

26-16 beating of the lowly 49ers. As the defense finally scores. Four picks in this game, they were dominating.

Game 15

Loss in the final seconds to the Dallas Cowpukes. God I hate losing to the Cowboys, especially in the waning moments. We will sweep them next year. Score 13-10.

We have lost 9 games by a touchdown or less and four games by 4 points or less. Gibb's will have this ship rited. If you believe sign in.

*signs*

well i for one am signing in.... i believe we have improved over last season.... at least this year as said before we were in most of the games...should some of the blame be on Gibbs... certainly.. but i feel as though he will work hard and fix things for next season...

Archived