Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't think we'll make the playoffs...

TheSteve

I'm kind of bummed right now because I just have this gut feeling that whatever we may do today, we're going to be eliminated. N.O. is looking pretty good right now and I don't see the Panthers losing to Tampa Bay either. Oh well. I do however think we'll beat Dallas, but we'll be eliminated. Say it aint so?

Yes, but I just have this gut feel NO is going to win out.

Here's how it shakes down, we can only have N.O. win if Carolina loses, and ofcourse the Giants must lose now or next week. Plus, St. Louis must lose monday against the Eagles, if they win, then the Seahawks must drop their final two games, which really isn't plausible. I have a good feeling about that game though, but don't think Carolina and New Orleans are going to co-operate. That Ramsey INT against Philly really sucks right now:(

It's kind of good news/bad news if New Orleans wins. If the Saints win, the Cowboys are eliminated. We CAN'T be eliminated until the afternoon games. So, the Cowboys might see they are eliminated and play without the intensity they might if they are still alive.

Obviously the best case for us is for BOTH the Giants and Saints to lose. We need at least one just to feel good. But, if the Saints win, the Cowboys are out and we get to feel better :).

As much as I hate to say it we have to depend too much on other teams to lose in order make the playoff. But if we beat Dallas I can almost guarantee that no matter what happens in the other 4 games this board will be up beat! :wavetowel

Today is our Super Bowl! :whip:

Originally posted by Art

It's kind of good news/bad news if New Orleans wins. If the Saints win, the Cowboys are eliminated. We CAN'T be eliminated until the afternoon games. So, the Cowboys might see they are eliminated and play without the intensity they might if they are still alive.

Obviously the best case for us is for BOTH the Giants and Saints to lose. We need at least one just to feel good. But, if the Saints win, the Cowboys are out and we get to feel better :).

I think the Cowboys are self destructing anyway. The thing is, the Saints always do this..I would almost feel better if the Saints were 7-7 and were coming into this game losers of two straight..they have a history of choking in big games and playing well when people count them out.

Originally posted by Blade

steveskins,

Stay strong, man! Dont give into the Norvitis Flashbacks.

Haha, I think if it were norvitis I'd be all upbeat about the tiebreakers and say we're going drop the game with Dallas, because you just know that would happen in the Turner era. The worst thing in Norv years was controlling our own destiny.

As much as i want the skins to make it, seems like things aren't falling our way... we needed giants to lose (they still may) and saints to lose (not the end of the world as they play carolina next week)... i'm more upset that the giants can spoil with 2 wins... (boy, had one of those close losses gone our way, we would be in the drivers seat). gotta hope for a panthers loss...

I'm now concerned we won't beat Dallas -- which for days I have thought we would beat them handily -- as we just don't look that inspired today.

D is flat.

Ramsey is playing mediocre.

Dallas is hammering us on the ground.

It all doesn't add up favorably. (but -- it is only halftime and 6-3, sop who knows)

Originally posted by steveskins

I'm kind of bummed right now because I just have this gut feeling that whatever we may do today, we're going to be eliminated. N.O. is looking pretty good right now and I don't see the Panthers losing to Tampa Bay either. Oh well. I do however think we'll beat Dallas, but we'll be eliminated. Say it aint so?

its not like we are 7-7, and we might be in the playoffs...

we are 5-9...

if we dont make the playoffs, its our own fault...

BTW... if carolina loses we are officially out

did u really truly expect us to be in the playoffs at 7-9:rolleyes: ?

We look pathetic today. Glad the playoff talk will be officially over. Portis stinks and the play calling is so freaking conservative it's disturbing.

Lets dink and dunk, dink and dunk, dink and dunk, then punt while the other team scores. Then, in the 4th quarter with 3 minutes left we'll actually try passes over 15 yards (just when the D is expecting it, of course :rolleyes: )

Archived