Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

can ramsey read a football field????

bsmsss

there were 3 major plays in the eagle game which worry me about what people say about ramsey--the nfl people say he can make every throw but cant read a defense /field

the first mis read was the pass to cooley in the end zone--he had portis wide open over the middle --he would have scored

the second was coles wide open on the sidelines on a 3rd down play--he didnt see him

the third was the int --there wasnt anyone opened --why throw it??--didnt he see the eagle defenders????

im concerned about his bad reads

Originally posted by bsmsss

there were 3 major plays in the eagle game which worry me about what people say about ramsey--the nfl people say he can make every throw but cant read a defense /field

the first mis read was the pass to cooley in the end zone--he had portis wide open over the middle --he would have scored

the second was coles wide open on the sidelines on a 3rd down play--he didnt see him

the third was the int --there wasnt anyone opened --why throw it??--didnt he see the eagle defenders????

im concerned about his bad reads

On the cooley play, he hit cooley in the hands... so it was up to colley from there. But I will give you the last two, I don't know what he was thinking. Anyway heres to Ramsey getting comfortable and experienced in Joe Gibbs' offense.

Originally posted by Morbo

On the cooley play, he hit cooley in the hands... so it was up to colley from there. But I will give you the last two, I don't know what he was thinking. Anyway heres to Ramsey getting comfortable and experienced in Joe Gibbs' offense.

On the second play, Ramsey apparently did not see Coles. Bad, but it happens.

On the Third play, Ramsey was counting on Cooley to out jump the Eagles...too bad the ball was over thrown.

It is a good point, though, and something that I think Gibbs and co. will try to address.

:point2sky

PR can read a football field though at times he can rely too much on his arm (but almost all stong arm qbs do that). I think he lacks confidence in his reads which means he'll force it either because of his strong arm or his fear of the coach (remember the rumor that Gibbs did not start Ramsey because he thought Ramsey was too scared of him) and he still seems to think too much. Also, he doesn't seem to have confidence in his receivers.

I question that myself.

He made a very bad play...........very bad........in the interception. And the roll out INTO a defender...makes me concerned.

Gibbs didn't play him in the beginning of the season for a reason............like it or not. Maybe that is how Rasmsey is practicing also......maybe the lack of field sense is what Gibbs and Co. saw.

Don't start pissing on me guys.......especially one of you. I call them like I see them.........not how you see them. And your rant and rave and calling me a moron won't change my mind on this one.

Patrick may or may not be the future. But one thing....if he continues to have the lack of practical sense on the field.....he won't be the futrue.

Blondie

I just think that if given the time to learn and grow in this offense(like McNabb and P. Manning did in there respective offenses), PR will eventually understand where everyone is supposed to be on the field,thus seeing everything.

Finishing out this season,plus a whole offseason of study,mini-camps and then entering Training camp as the man, just might be all he needs. Well, that and a competent Oline......;)

Originally posted by Blondie

I question that myself.

He made a very bad play...........very bad........in the interception. And the roll out INTO a defender...makes me concerned.

Gibbs didn't play him in the beginning of the season for a reason............like it or not. Maybe that is how Rasmsey is practicing also......maybe the lack of field sense is what Gibbs and Co. saw.

Don't start pissing on me guys.......especially one of you. I call them like I see them.........not how you see them. And your rant and rave and calling me a moron won't change my mind on this one.

Patrick may or may not be the future. But one thing....if he continues to have the lack of practical sense on the field.....he won't be the futrue.

Blondie

Even the best of them throw a couple of bad looking picks every now and then. Just the other day, I saw Farve throw a bone-headed interception down the field. Its just going to take time for Ramsey to iron out all the kinks. I wouldn't send 'em to the electric chair just yet.

Yes he can, mistakes like that happen, especially when your under pressure, as he was on the first Cooley throw, which actually did hit Cooley in the hands.

He can read a defense.

Hell even if he couldnt, Bret Farve wasnt sure what a Cover 2 defense was until he had already been in the league like 5 years.

Originally posted by Aikmans Killer No.56

accidently hit the submit button there....what i meant to say was that he's going to make mistakes....EVERY qb is going to make a mistake here or there. I'm tired of everyone on this board expecting him to be the next joe montana or dan marino "hey he missed a read! bench him!" Every qb throws picks, every qb misses a read...

You quoted me and then say........everyone is expecting him to be Montana or Marino.

You don't know me. I have NEVER said that.......so please make sure if you quote me......you get what I say and NOT what you think EVERYONE else is saying.

I AM SAYING he doesn't seem to have field sense. I have NOT compared him to anyone else........I have compared him to what he had done this year.

I have NOT said bench him. I have said........and we KNOW Gibbs didn't put him in until November.

There has to be a reason.........and maybe what we saw Sunday night is part of that reason.

Blondie

On the first one sorry Portis doesn't score...the DB's converge easily but we do get to inside the 5 yard line I believe. I was pissed at the throw becasue Portis was wide open but Cooley did leap a split second to soon or else it's a TD.

the second one Coles was wide open on our sideline against all our players on our sideline. Very hard to see him but he should have known he was there IMHO.

The last one was all Ramsey's fault...shoudl have thrown it away at least.

Originally posted by skinsguy29

Even the best of them throw a couple of bad looking picks every now and then. Just the other day, I saw Farve throw a bone-headed interception down the field. Its just going to take time for Ramsey to iron out all the kinks. I wouldn't send 'em to the electric chair just yet.

Favre is known for throwing bone-headed picks...lol...but he's also known for making amazing plays and completing passes that 90% of the QBs in the league wouldn't dare try.

I get the feeling that Ramsey will probably end up being in that mode...not saying that he'll be the next Favre (not saying he WON'T, either, though), but that as the Skins as a whole improve and Ramsey gets comfortable in this sceme and with his receivers (and they with him), the wins will start mounting up...the great plays will keep us cheering...and the occasional stupid throw or pick will not matter nearly as much as it seems to now. I just think we're all impatient...

There have been alot of good points concerning PR.:)

He has shown us some things that just make your jaw drop, and there have been a few plays that make you go :doh: .

IMO, he is a home run hit. This kid has all the tools, and is very smart.

Next year at this time, we will be very happy Pat is our Qb. I know the next year thing has been our theme song for a while, but this is the first time I really believe it.

He is already better than Carr, IMO. Harrington looks very shaky right now, they have had a lot more time in one system than Pat.

Pat will be fine. We just need to sit back and watch him grow.

This team is starting to come together, we are heading for alot of fun Sundays.:cheers:

As far as seeing/not seeing receivers - this is an issue that seems to dog PR time and time again in this forum. My question is, do you actually see the entire field & all your receivers @ the same time? Maybe - or maybe it comes when you have a complete understanding of the offensive system (Gibbs). At that time do you start seeing the field in your minds eye and intuitivey know & trust where all your options are going to be in any situation.

Dude whats wrong with all you guys. Peyton Manning threw 28 picks in his first nfl season. Ramsey still has not played an enitre season in the NFL. First year in a system with Gibbs....lets stick with a QB and a coaching staff and not pull the ripper after one mistake....

Archived