Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

can ramsey read a football field????

bsmsss

Right. My answer is NO. It seems like he does not see the whole field. This is just one of his many problems. He is in there because Brunell just sucks. I do not think ramsey is good enough to be a starter in this league. Develop? How much longer are we gonna wait? he still plays like a rookie.

Originally posted by Blondie

I question that myself.

He made a very bad play...........very bad........in the interception. And the roll out INTO a defender...makes me concerned.

Gibbs didn't play him in the beginning of the season for a reason............like it or not. Maybe that is how Rasmsey is practicing also......maybe the lack of field sense is what Gibbs and Co. saw.

Don't start pissing on me guys.......especially one of you. I call them like I see them.........not how you see them. And your rant and rave and calling me a moron won't change my mind on this one.

Patrick may or may not be the future. But one thing....if he continues to have the lack of practical sense on the field.....he won't be the futrue.

Blondie

Very well said Blondie and I definitely think your intitled to your opinion just liek all of us...your no moron!!!!

I was thinking this same question about whether or not Pat can read a field, its something that I have heard alot about recently...and on that play where he missed CP up the middle.....i saw him on teh sideline telling portis "i didnt see you"............is Field vison a gift or is it something that can be worked on?

Originally posted by red21skins

Answer: No. Thats is why next year he will be on the bench. where he belongs.

:rolleyes: Look at what he wrote in another thread:

haha. LaVar was on the sidelines in street clothes. Any coward will sit back and talk sh*t. Ive been saying it for two years now. Allll talk. No action. Keep on Talking Lavar

Ya know, trolls aren't limited to opposing teams. Just thought Id throw that out there. I can't belive that I am giving this much attention to these asinine post by this guy.:doh:

Right. My answer is NO. It seems like he does not see the whole field. This is just one of his many problems. He is in there because Brunell just sucks. I do not think ramsey is good enough to be a starter in this league. Develop? How much longer are we gonna wait? he still plays like a rookie.

So what would you have said after Peyton Manning throwing 28 picks in his first season....do you think he saw the field well?

Brett Favre threw 24 picks in his 2nd full season and 18 TDs. Thank god the Packers did not think like you.

Originally posted by chet06

So what would you have said after Peyton Manning throwing 28 picks in his first season....do you think he saw the field well?

Brett Favre threw 24 picks in his 2nd full season and 18 TDs. Thank god the Packers did not think like you.

Its a good thing no one thinks like him..

Answer: No. Thats is why next year he will be on the bench. where he belongs.

One more thing about Ramsey that some may or may not know and that he is a double major in accounting and finance and finished with a 3.9 GPA. I dont think the guys is lacking upstairs. What was your GPA buddy? or should I say GED?

So let me get this right - In your opinion, you can take a rookie QB like PR in 2002 - insert him into an offense like the ball coaches, understanding Spurrier has a totally unique read progression for his QB's & demands them to adopt. Then after 2 chaotic years insert a new system an expect him to be a seasoned, polished vet....You are a joke!

Originally posted by 318 SKIN

...it comes when you have a complete understanding of the offensive system (Gibbs). At that time do you start seeing the field in your minds eye and intuitivey know & trust where all your options are going to be in any situation.

Yes, it begins when your fully know and believe in the system. In a large part with Joe Gibbs system, that means you must trust your reads and you can't be scared of your coach. I've also heard the term unconciously competent. 'Seeing the field' must refer to knowing intuitively where your guys are and if their open (for example, if you see an outside lb, your rb running a swing pattern is probably open) even when your not looking at them and you must trust your guys to be were their supposed to be (several times, I don't think guys were where Ramsey expected them to be).

Originally posted by chet06

One more thing about Ramsey that some may or may not know and that he is a double major in accounting and finance and finished with a 3.9 GPA. I dont think the guys is lacking upstairs. What was your GPA buddy? or should I say GED?

Not to mention an Eidetic memory! Yes, an eidetic memory!

Watch any game around the NFL and you will see QB's throwing bad passes that could leave you wondering. It is unfair to micromanage every throw Ramsey makes. Not every QB makes the right pass on every play. Lets just calm down and give Ramsey a chance to continue his development. I like what I see

What have you seen so different in your opinion to make a statement surrendering that he can not start in the "NFL"? The man has not played 16 games throughout his carrer yet, what do you expect, this is not high school football. In essence he is still a rookie when it comes to playing experience.

Do you think you could learn over 200 offensive plays, execute a struggling offense in a timely manner, with the world of Redskin Nation laying all their hopes and dreams on your back, because we are simply tired of the QB musical chair game, avoid get your chest busted and see the entire field all at the same time?

A couple of throws from other QBs to point out:

-Roethlisberger, justfiably so, is getting a lot of acclaim as being beyond his years. Against the Redskins, though, he threw a pass that, had Smoot not leapt for the pick and knocked it down, ST was there to take back a long way. Boneheaded throw - what was he thinking? It could have cost them the game - ST might have taken that back all the way and put the Redskins up late.

-On the play that Springs got knocked out on, McNabb was running right and threw back towards the middle to a well-covered Owens. The ball got tipped and, once again, was falling right into the arms of ST with a wide-open field in front of him. And, once again, Smoot dove in for the pick and dropped the ball. Another incredibly stupid throw that could have cost the Eagles the game.

They both got away with it, though, but only through dumb luck. Their decisions to throw those balls were just as bad as Ramsey's on his pick in the end zone. Would you want to get rid of them if those guys were your QB? Others have cited the example of Favre, who seems to have at least one "what the hell was he thinking" throws a game.

I know this isn't just about that one pick, but let's say Ramsey has the same good fortune as McNabb and Roethlisberger and that pass gets dropped and the Redskins go on to win the game. Would we be having this conversation, or would we be talking about what a great game and bright future Ramsey and the team have?

Sometimes the difference between admiration and goat horns is just the bounce of the ball. Just because Ramsey didn't get the benefit of that bounce isn't reason to throw him under the bus just yet.

It doesn't matter what we think- it matter what Gibbs thinks.

Yes, Gibbs likes veterans but Gibbs saw something that made he go get another starter. We signed Brunnell to be the starter. If Gibbs plan went according to his plan- Ramsey wouldn't have seen the field this year and maybe not even next year.

Ramsey is starting now because even Gibbs finally saw he couldn't justify putting Brunnell in anymore. Will Gibbs see enough of Ramsey to decide that Ramsey will correct his flaws. Will Gibbs have enough faith in Ramsey to hand him the keys in 2005? We will see.

If Gibbs trusted Ramsey from the beginning- no way we get a Starter Veteran backup and give him starters money. We would've gotten another veteran QB- who would'be been the backup but could come in and start if needed.

Originally posted by Rdskns2000

It doesn't matter what we think- it matter what Gibbs thinks.

Yes, Gibbs likes veterans but Gibbs saw something that made he go get another starter. We signed Brunnell to be the starter. If Gibbs plan went according to his plan- Ramsey wouldn't have seen the field this year and maybe not even next year.

Ramsey is starting now because even Gibbs finally saw he couldn't justify putting Brunnell in anymore. Will Gibbs see enough of Ramsey to decide that Ramsey will correct his flaws. Will Gibbs have enough faith in Ramsey to hand him the keys in 2005? We will see.

If Gibbs trusted Ramsey from the beginning- no way we get a Starter Veteran backup and give him starters money. We would've gotten another veteran QB- who would'be been the backup but could come in and start if needed.

Agreed.

The jury is still out on Patrick Ramsey.

Here is the thing I think we have to consider. You judge a VETEREN QB by the stupid mistakes he makes, but you judge a young QB with only 20 starts on his overall game, and see if the positives outweight the negatives. Ramsey can tend to make some mistakes by forcing passes, and trying to go for the big money play too much, but you can already see a huge difference between Ramsey in Week 2, and Ramsey these past three weeks. That difference is Joe Gibbs and the rest of this coaching staff working with him. Ramsey, for the amount of starts he has had, in my honest opinion is no more behind then ahead of where he should be right now. A brand new offense, a shaky offensive line, and a running game that only seems to work half the time. I really never got the whole "holds onto the ball" criticism though, I mean stick Ramsey behind the Colts or Packers offensive line and you will probably never hear an announcer say that about Ramsey, whereas put Manning behind our offensive line and suddenly the same criticism would spark up about the "Golden God" of QBing.

Archived