Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andy Reid on washington

The_Posse91

Reid on skins its brief but there.

By Andy Reid

Special to NFL.com

(Dec. 9, 2004) -- We are coming off a physical game with the Green Bay Packers. It is relatively late in the 2004 season, and at this time of the year, you often rely on quality backups to step in and play for injured players.

We had some players who were unable to play along the offensive line, so two of our younger linemen, Steve Sciullo and Alonzo Ephraim, stepped in and played well for us. That is what you expect of your backups. They prepare week in and week out, knowing that at anytime they will be called upon to contribute.

We always tell our players to be prepared. The saying in the NFL is that you are only one play away from stepping onto the field. That is very true. Our players understand that they are going to have an opportunity to play and that when it is their time to contribute, they have got to be ready. When you put together your 53-man roster, plus the practice squad, you have to have trust in those players that, when they are called upon, they will be ready to give it their all.

We are not a team that is focused on our record. We try to stay focused on the opponent we are playing each week and not let outside influences distract us. That is the kind of mindset you strive to have each week. You want to perform at a consistent level from one week to the next. If you lose your focus, it will show on the playing field.

I have been asked during the week about motivating the team at this point of the season. We have a mature locker room with a lot of leaders. They are all professionals who understand what is at stake each week. We have clinched the NFC East and know that we will be playing in the postseason. However, there are still goals we want to achieve during the rest of the regular season.

We are in the fourth quarter of the season, so the intensity picks up quite a bit. We know the Redskins are going to play their best football against us on Sunday night. They will be at home and the game is on national television. They want to show the rest of the league that they are playing good football right now.

They are coming off a big win against the New York Giants. It was just a matter of time before the Redskins put it all together. They were so close all season. Their defense has been strong and the offense has been just a step away. It seems like it all came together last week.

It will be a hostile environment in Washington. I think our players welcome that. The Redskins fans are very supportive and make it a very loud place to play. It is important that we prepare ourselves to play our best game. We respect the Washington Redskins.

Coach Reid: "We respect the Washington Redskins. So if you're going to their stadium, please do not pee on the seats in front of you."

He respects all NFL teams.

Except the Arizona Cardinals. Nobody respects them.

Losers.

Originally posted by KDawg

Yeah, but who cares about Freddie Mitchell?

No one and the whole town is pissed at him right now. The guy does that retarded people's champ dance like he's TO and catches 1 ball a week. Frankly I don't know what the Eagles saw in him. He's short, slow, not a good route runner. And his hands of stone don't help either. Well at least he talks a big game. But in reality he's the worst WR on our team. BTW, how's James Thrash. Does he stink or suck?

Originally posted by El Capitan

No one and the whole town is pissed at him right now. The guy does that retarded people's champ dance like he's TO and catches 1 ball a week. Frankly I don't know what the Eagles saw in him. He's short, slow, not a good route runner. And his hands of stone don't help either. Well at least he talks a big game. But in reality he's the worst WR on our team. BTW, how's James Thrash. Does he stink or suck?

In my opinion James Thrash has done really well for us this year, hasn't made many catches but has done real well on special teams!! I think he is are special teams MVP....well him or Tom Tupa

Originally posted by TXREDSKINS44

In my opinion James Thrash has done really well for us this year, hasn't made many catches but has done real well on special teams!! I think he is are special teams MVP....well him or Tom Tupa

Exactly...not to mention he's one helluva downfield blocking receiver. Thrash's contributions to the Skins this season should not go unacknowledged.

Originally posted by Rockville Redskin

because he hasn't thrived in this system he is overrated now?? He has great talent and he will get better next year

He's the worst RB in the division.

Tiki Barber, Julius Jones, and Brian Westbrook are all better than Portis. He's going to get 1,000 yards but on 1,000 carries.

Originally posted by El Capitan

He's the worst RB in the division.

Tiki Barber, Julius Jones, and Brian Westbrook are all better than Portis. He's going to get 1,000 yards but on 1,000 carries.

You gotta use better bait than that if you wanna go trolling, son...when it starts sounding so ridiculous that everyone knows you don't mean what you say, then it loses its effectiveness.

Archived