Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andy Reid on washington

The_Posse91

Originally posted by Torch

So they have similar yardage and Portis has 96 more touches and 4 fewer TDs....what exactly are you proving here?

That's fine, but you shouldn't need to make up facts to support your arguement then.

You all keep on with this 'touches' business. Sorry, but that's dancing around the fact that Westbrook doesn't RUN the ball all that much. Terrell Owens has about 100 fewer touches than Westbrook and has comparable yardage and 5 more TDs. That doesn't make him a better runningback than Westbrook.

As other Redskin fans have said, Westbrook is a great piece of a great WCO. That doesn't make him the ULTIMATE WEAPON in the NFL. It doesn't make Portis "overrated" or "the worst runningback in the division." It just makes Westbrook a good receiver out of the backfield, and a good fit for Philly. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Originally posted by Torch

ramseyskins said: "Buddy Ryan said it, so it must be true. After all, he really won a lot of Superbowls, didn't he."

Are you referring to the ring he won as D coordinator of the 85 bears possibly the best defense EVER, or the one he won as part of the ravens coaching staff of the 01 Ravens?

sorry to bring up old stuff, but i just got posting priveleges.

Buddy Ryan was a good defensive coach. However, he obviously knew jack sh_t about offense, so who cares what he has to say about runningbacks and their YPC average? He obviously didn't know how to construct an offense. He didn't win anything when he was head coach, when overseeing an offense is part of the job description.

On the other hand, Gibbs was an offensive mastermind during his Superbowl runs and regularly used runningbacks that averaged less than 4 yards a carry in order to win.

Originally posted by Henry

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/headtohead/player-matchup

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sure looks to me like Portis has 1286 total yards (1093 rushing, 193 receiving) and Westbrook has 1271 (705 rushing, 566 receiving)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled p!ssing contest.

Hmmm, I swear I added it up, WITH A CALULATOR, using the stats off of NFL.com.

I apologize for passing bum scoop.

Archived