Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboy fans want Roy gone and wants Sean!

KWilliamsAWinfield

Has anyone been watching any Cowboy games? He really seems to have lost favor with them. Earlier in the year, I heard the guys on ESPN saying the Boys had 3 ot the best 4 defensive guys in the league, with Williams as the best. Williams has always impressed me, but I wouldn't trade Taylor for him.

The fact that they think we'd drop Taylor for Williams is ridiculous. Virtually every team has a hitter who can play strong safety, though Williams is exceptional in that role. But very few teams have a hitter at FS who can also cover like a CB and who is built like a smallish LB. That's a far rarer thing and it's much more valuable in a league that becomes more pass-heavy every year.

Well, let's just see if Taylor looks as foolish vs TO next week as Williams did last night. Whiffing on TO's first TD was terrible,, he totally overran that play.. and the second TO TD was even worse.. he got turned like a rookie and ended up 20 yards away from the ball.

~Bang

Originally posted by redman

The fact that they think we'd drop Taylor for Williams is ridiculous. Virtually every team has a hitter who can play strong safety, though Williams is exceptional in that role. But very few teams have a hitter at FS who can also cover like a CB and who is built like a smallish LB. That's a far rarer thing and it's much more valuable in a league that becomes more pass-heavy every year.

Exactly. Roy is known for his hard hits. He is not a ball hawk, thats a fact. Taylor IS a Ball Hawk AND he can hit (IMO as hard as Roy).

It's comparing apples to oranges. Williams is a SS and is not as good in coverage. Taylor is probably as good as Williams in run support though which means he has the potential to be a better overall player. However comparing the two as though they play the same position is like saying Kimrin sucks at punting.

Williams is being forced to play in coverage more because Woodson is out. Once Woodson comes back or is replaced by another FS Williams will return to form and the cowturds fans will forget they ever badmouthed him. The same will probably hold true for Newman as well.

I've always said that if the Cowboys never played the Redskins, Roy Williams would be just another safety. Almost all his "primetime" plays come against the Skins!

I said the same thing about Newman when everyone was pumping him up as a great "cover" corner. Three picks against Hasselbeck (one more the rest of the year). The freaking Cowboys play every game against the Redskins like it's the Super Bowl.

I tried to tell them on another site early in the season. That he's one dimensional and cant cover.

It wasnt just last night he's been wiffing all year and getting burnt in coverage. He is a big hitter, thats it. Unless he plays close to the line he's an area of weakness in pass coverage, I tried to tell them this but they wouldnt listen.

Archived