Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One More Danny Meddle

Dan T.

OK, everyone seems happy that Dan Snyder is now doing his best Jack Kent Cooke impersonation: Keeping his wallet open and his mouth shut regarding the football decisions.

But we're also extremely frustrated that everyone can see Mark Brunell can't do the job: everyone except the one person who matters most ---Joe Gibbs.

Sooo....

Here's a sell-your-soul-to-the-devil question: Would you like Snyder to meddle one more time as owner and call Coach Gibbs to say it's time to play Patrick Ramsey?

As much as I'd like to see a change I wouldn't like to see it come this way. I think that Snyder respects Gibbs way too much to do something like this and I'm finally glad that he has removed himself a bit and is just letting Joe Gibbs coach. If you really think about it, Joe Gibbs has done an excellent job to this point in installing everything he believes in. Just be a little more patient, one day it'll all click IMO.

I believe Gibbs has explained his rationale for keeping Brunell as starter to Snyder and that Snyder, in his deference for Coach Gibbs, agreed.

You can bet dollars to doughnuts that the rationale Gibbs gave wasn't solely based on moving the football and scoring points though. There's something else at work.

Originally posted by Henry

No. No. Bad, bad, bad idea.

Henry, I hate to call you out, but it seems you're doing your best John Kerry flip-flop. In the thread "It's Official: Joe Gibbs Has Lost It" you say, and I quote:

"I think Dan Snyder should make Gibbs start Ramsey."

Did I miss some sarcasm there? Or were you temporarily wacko out of frustration?

Archived