Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baxter Released...Again

bradskins

Originally posted by Art

One week thing.

Baxter can't play. We told him we'd pick him up NEXT week so we could keep extra roster spots for players this week due to the Taylor and Arrington situations. Mark my words :).

can't

He suffered a hamstring injury during a recent practice and the team decided to reach an injury settlement with him, head coach Joe Gibbs said.

this team is so disorganized right now on that side of the ball.

nothing is going right other than the re-emergence of Portis in the run game and even that is likely to be overshadowed against a good opponent by the continuing ineptitude of Brunell and the pass offense.

Bubba,

An injury settlement simply ALLOWS a team to release a player who's injured. That's it. It could have been for a stick of gum and a wink-wink promise he'll return when he's healthy. I could be wrong, but I don't think this means we can't bring him back when he's healthy.

Originally posted by Art

Bubba,

An injury settlement simply ALLOWS a team to release a player who's injured. That's it. It could have been for a stick of gum and a wink-wink promise he'll return when he's healthy. I could be wrong, but I don't think this means we can't bring him back when he's healthy.

but he can't sign with anyone for a certain period of time...longer than a week, I believe

All they would have to do is make him inactive if he could comeback next week.

***edit** by the way I know what an injury settlement is, and what it is for. ;)

Originally posted by Art

One week thing.

Baxter can't play. We told him we'd pick him up NEXT week so we could keep extra roster spots for players this week due to the Taylor and Arrington situations. Mark my words :).

I agree with you 100%.

Koz AND Sellars on the field blocking at the same time.... NICE!

They're both beasts and IMHO they are both nasty blockers and remind me of Raymer in many respects...

I think the running game will have a little 'tude with these guys in the regular lineup.

I love cooley, but I think his blocking has got some growing up to do..

Archived