Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Redskin qb in Recent History

Buck812

I voted Tony Banks, but Jeff George is great as a write-in canidate. Marty was behind both, he was just clueless to QB talent & as a GM. Love that he is he got bounced in the first round of the playoffs and is 0-2. Though I would have liked him to beat the cowboys - how do you not run LT once in four plays inside the 7?!

(& yes I know Marty didn't pick Jeff George up, but he had a full off-season as GM and made him his season opening starter with no viable replacement, Norv didn't start him & Robinski got stuck with him)

u guys see the dallas game...????

Whats so funny about this is that my previous post in this thread was just about a minute before he made those two throws. Thats how bad he was playing up until that point and I still think he's the worst one I have ever seen play in my 30 some-odd years of watching the skins.

I remember the Schottenheimer era in D.C......and a former Skins draft pick named Todd Husak. This guy couldn't throw the ball to save his life. Pure embarassment at the QB level. This guy (with the exception of Heath Shuler of course) was the worst recent 'Skins QB. I remember Jeff Hostetler having better stats during his short stint with the 'Skins.

I don't know about recent history - and by the way there is no way Mark B is a worse QB than Tony Banks or Heath Shuler. However the worse QB I ever saw in a Redskins uniform with my own eyes was Cary Conklin - anybody remember him?

Because I'm from the UK I have only actually attended 3 Redskins games. The first Redskins game I got was a Monday night game at Miami back in '93 which was the first year after Gibbs retired.

Mark Rypien was injured and Conklin got the start. He was awful. The low point came on one play early second half when the 'Fins only rushed 4 guys and he had decent time but unable to find a receiver to throw in the general direction of he just flopped untouched to the ground. Even the Miami fans sat around me booed him.

We were down 2 touchdowns at the time and he was pulled for Rich Gannon on the next series who threw a TD but it was too little to late.

Compared to him Mark and Pat look like Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana rolled into one.

HTTR

Martin

Patrick Ramsey is the modern day Heath Shuler. The guy that most Redskins fans love but never got the chance to be successful.

Heath Shuler wasn't that bad. I remember he brought us back against the Giants his rookie year in like his 2nd start (it was on Sunday Night Football).

Now Tony "Stone Hands" Banks on the other hand is a no name horrible QB with a desease called Fumblitis. He couldn't even keep the job in Baltimore and Trent Green had to save that offense from his incompetance. Banks is the worst.

I'm getting tired of everyone bashing Brunell. He is not a bad QB, he just had a very bad year due to injury and horrible receivers. If you're just posing that dumb question because you want Ramsey back in, then follow him to whatever team he goes to next year. He is worse than Brunell. A QB should be able to learn from his mistakes which Ramsey has shown time and time again that he can't.

As far as my answer to the question, it has to be Jeff George. Million dollar arm, :2cents: head. Hmmmm, a lot like Ramsey.

Archived