Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Football

TerpsEagles

Just curious if you like having your team play on MNF or don't care for it...... ?

For me, I like being the only game and watched by the nation.... and the build up to the game is good..... but personally... i much prefer a Sunday game........ It sucks going all Sunday watching all the other games and not being able to get jacked up about your team..... FFL helps a lot and puts a lot more interest on other games .....

then you have to go BACK to work for a day or partial day before getting to see your game..... ugh...

the worst is Tuesday morning...... not that Monday morning can't suck after getting toasty on Sunday buuuuuuut

just curious what your feelings are..... MNF - yeah or ney ?

peace

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

I hate the Redskins playing on Monday night.

Why? Tuesday morning,that's why. I have to pump myself full of coffee just to get half awake and still feel like a walking zombie.

They ought to change it to Friday night football or start the game at 7:30pm instead of 9:15pm.:2cents:

That is the great part about living in Denver now. MNF starts at 7, so it is over at a decent time instead of 12 or 1 in the morning.

I like it come Monday night . . . but it makes it very hard for me to look forward to Sunday.

Especially this week . . . as there really isn't any good match-ups or interesting games to watch.

Ideally, I like to have a good Eagles or Redskins game against a quality opponent at 1pm . . . followed by a Cowboys game at 4pm.

I realize I didn't mention the Giants . . . but they are the division rival I could care the least about lately.

This game is also important for other reasons.

It'll determine the Presidential election.

Whenever the Skins play on a MN during an election year, a win means the incumbant party stays, if we lose the opposing party wins. So, if we win Bush stays and if we lose Kerry wins. So far it's 100% accurate.

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

I hate the Redskins playing on Monday night.

Why? Tuesday morning,that's why. I have to pump myself full of coffee just to get half awake and still feel like a walking zombie.

They ought to change it to Friday night football or start the game at 7:30pm instead of 9:15pm.:2cents:

That works great for you, but those of us on the Left Coast would miss half the game each week.

Originally posted by Skins24

This game is also important for other reasons.

It'll determine the Presidential election.

Whenever the Skins play on a MN during an election year, a win means the incumbant party stays, if we lose the opposing party wins. So, if we win Bush stays and if we lose Kerry wins. So far it's 100% accurate.

In that case we are in trouble one way or another.

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

Personally I hate everything about it. Maybe thats because we havent done well in recent years (negative reinforcement is a b***h).

Sunday is already feeling like a bye-week plus going to work on Tuesday is gonna feel like im sleepwalking.

Now all these views will change if we win - especially vs. the Cowards.

Just take off on tuesday, or work half a day.

Originally posted by Henry

I like the honor, but the Redskins historically play like crap on Monday nights.

Yes, Gibb's teams are historically bad on Monday nights. During his previous tenure the Redskins were 9-13 on Monday night. That included 5 MNF games against Dallas on Monday night with our record in those games being 2-3 (notably only one of those 5 games was played in DC, and we lost 31-30). However, in the 22 MNF games, we were 6-4 at home.

A more interesting statistic, which goes to Coach Gibbs's coaching prowess, is that in games the week after MNF, with a short week to prepare, Gibbs' Redskins were 20-2.:)

Archived