Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens trying to acquire WR Keenan McCardell in trade

Hmm. If the Ravens acquire McCardell, how many recent pro-bowl players will the Ravens have on their roster? :rolleyes:

-- Ravens Talking Trade for McCardell --

Thu Sep 2, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

WJZ-TV reports the Baltimore Ravens and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in talks about a posible trade involving a draft pick in exchange for holdout WR Keenan McCardell.

... In other news, Ravens QB Kyle Boller is still trying to trying to find the broad side of a barn, aided by a crack team of detectives, trained bloodhounds, and a barrel of footballs.

Meanwhile, Brian Billick's reality distortion field continues to endure, more than a year after Billick traded 1st-round and 2nd round picks for the "right" to draft Boller.

Back at Cal, scientists are still attempting to determine how a 53.6% passer was ever drafted so high.

Let's play the Kyle Boller Trivia Game.

Q: What was the 2003 Ravens record with Boller as starter?

A: 5-4.

Q: What was their record when Boller didn't start?

A: 5-2.

Q: In Boller's five wins, how many times did he complete at least 44% of his passes and throw for at least 100 yards?

A: Once.

Q: In Boller's five wins, what was Jamal Lewis's rushing average per game?

A: 152.

Q: Who's not going to beat Gregg Williams and the Redskins defense?

A: Kyle Boller.

Q: Why will Brian Billick's tombstone read "Kyle's Place"?

A: Because Boller will bury him.

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

... In other news, Ravens QB Kyle Boller is still trying to trying to find the broad side of a barn, aided by a crack team of detectives, trained bloodhounds, and a barrel of footballs.

Meanwhile, Brian Billick's reality distortion field continues to endure, more than a year after Billick traded 1st-round and 2nd round picks for the "right" to draft Boller.

Back at Cal, scientists are still attempting to determine how a 53.6% passer was ever drafted so high.

Boller is 23yo and in the NFL, think about that. He had a good night last night, in fact, he has looked better each time out this preseason. Bottom line, I dont think its fair to judge him at this point. Question, didn't Joe M. have bad year or two when he first broke into the NFL?

Originally posted by Ravens777

Boller is 23yo and in the NFL, think about that. He had a good night last night, in fact, he has looked better each time out this preseason. Bottom line, I dont think its fair to judge him at this point. Question, didn't Joe M. have bad year or two when he first broke into the NFL?

Oh yeah, I can definitely see him being compared to Joe Montana. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Renegade7

He isn't montana, but having McCardell on the team definetly won't hurt. You could almost say thier WR corps would be respectable. Almost.

No doubt that McCardell is a formidable WR and he would fit in with the rest of the malcontent's, killers, drug dealers, baseball bat weilding, kidnapping, thugs. Did I forget anything? I know that "killer" might have been a little rough so maybe I'll change that to accomplice. Nah, I'll stick with killer.

Can you tell I HATE the Ravens? :ravensuck

Originally posted by KingGibbs

Oh yeah, I can definitely see him being compared to Joe Montana. :rolleyes:

I never compared him to Joe Montana. The point of the post was to point out he is only 23yo and in the NFL and I am sure we all can understand the pressure on a kid like that. I made a statement about Joe Montana because even he had a hard time getting started not to say Boller is the next Montana.

:hammer: Nope, never put Joe's numbers against Boller's....wow, where did you get that....

Originally posted by Ravens777

I never compared him to Joe Montana. The point of the post was to point out he is only 23yo and in the NFL and I am sure we all can understand the pressure on a kid like that. I made a statement about Joe Montana because even he had a hard time getting started not to say Boller is the next Montana.

:hammer: Nope, never put Joe's numbers against Boller's....wow, where did you get that....

The fact that you mentioned Boller and Montana in the same sentence is a joke. I know Ravens fans that are billing Boller as the next Elway.

:laugh:

He'd fit in real well. Big year last year as #1 and no reason to believe he can't repeat it. I think the offense gets much scarier if Keenan gets thrown in because WR becomes a strength because of their depth (McCardell, Taylor, Johnson).

Originally posted by chiefhogskin48

If you want my thoughts on Boller, which happen to be the exact same as ASF's, then go here. Or here.

That last thread was quite a long Boller debate. :laugh:

hey thats mine:D....yeah that was a good one......I didn't think the starters looked bad btw .....They were just expecting the run......and boller wasn't told to throw very often.....

Archived