Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R. Moss or T. Holt...

Renegade7

Why is this even a debate? The only way anyone can say that anybody but Randy Moss is the best reciever in the league is if you people sit and look at what he's done off the field and the stuff he has said. He is the ultimate playmaker at a position stocked w/ playmakers. He is the king of his position in the current decade, and probably at this pace in any decade.

Originally posted by Jordaniners

I guess you don't grasp it, VAs****boy.

Jordan,

It's time for your nap there little nipper.

Your list of top receivers is an absolute joke. No one is dumb and full of themselves for telling you that. Your list is like that of Stevie Wonder rating the most beautiful women in the world. He really, obviously, has no clue. That's ok not to have a clue, but, here, you really need to be far more intelligent to question others in the manner you have.

But, let me assist you in the learning process.

A receiver who's never had more than 64 catches in a season is not in the Top 5 of professional receivers. There is no mitigating circumstance that would allow any other statement to be made. No receiver who's never had a 1,000-yard season is in the Top 5 receivers in the game. There's absolutely NOTHING you can say that alters that fundamental reality.

Further, no receiver who had his team desperately seeking better, proven No. 1 receivers -- at least at one point in time -- like Boston and now Booker is really so good that you can ignore how little the team feels about him. When the Dolphins are constantly seeking an upgrade at receiver it's because they don't have any receiver who is a No. 1.

Chambers is a juiced up Alvin Harper.

You need to sit back and digest this data and, with hope, apologize as soon as you're back from your week break. Your week break isn't for saying something stupid. It's for the attitude that followed.

Enjoy and think deeply. Return only when you're ready to be intelligent.

I guess you don't grasp it, VAs****boy.

I warned you didn't I? Some reading while your napping.

Now. Let's take a look at a couple of quotes here.

You guys are absolute MORONS. Have you ever seen Chambers play?

Are you totally unaware that Chambers has had JAY FIEDLER throwing him passes his entire career? 11 touchdowns with that joke quarterbacking duo they had last year...ELEVEN. Are you unware that Owens had JEFF GARCIA throwing to him? Jeff Garcia, aka the "bald-headed drunken weasel" is hands down the worst QB in the NFL. He plays as drunk as he gets with his boyfriends on weekends. And that Moss has had Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Gus Frerrotte, and other sh!tty QBs?

I can't believe how stupid and full of it people are.

Holt is in the greatest offensive scheme ever created...Isaac Bruce had 1470-something yards a couple of years ago, I guess he was best then...what a coincidence.

You guys keep on throwing out system and QBs and keep pulling stats out of your ass. I'll continue to watch the games and report it the way it is.

Torry Holt has average speed, is an average route runner, and absolutely HORRIBLE after the catch (slides if there's anyone near him, like his mentor Isaac Bruce).

Now let's put aside the fact that you seem to be as guilty as pulling stats out of your ass as much as those you accuse. Even worse is, you picking and choosing to a very narrow range of stats. You do understand that you are skipping others just to make a point? First you blame things on Garcia, then what do you know, despite telling us the way it is, we find out that Garcia was anything but conservative and Owens floursished while having Garcia throw to him, despite personal feelings otherwise. Anyone watching him these years knows just how special a receiver he is and this is in part because like him or not Garcia threw Owens the damn ball.

the only reason for that is Jerry Rice had retired...had Young not felt obligated to force the ball to Jerry Rice so much Owens would've topped every single career high stat in 1998. That's what yards/catch average indicates.

I don't care who would win the poll...just because the majority feels something doens't mean it's right. Back in the 1800's the majority of people in the south thought slavery was right. So I guess it was, then...:rolleyes:

For a guy who is supposed to be telling us the way it is, you seem to not know alot. Jerry rice tore his knee in up (97 not 98)that year and did not retire, ( couldn't help but notice that now you blame Steve Young where earlier you seemed to have praised him for Owens yards per catch). Speaking of which. Gosh. Owens lower stats that year, ( you know, the ones you keep using yet we're the ones that are pulling them out of our asses), wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he only started 10 or less games that year instead of Young "forcing the ball" to Rice instead. Of course, throwing the ball to Rice is a rediculous idea. Why the hell throw it to a guy whose only the greatest receiver of all time and still at the time putting up great numbers instead of a talented but still new receiver in the league? Wow. What was Young thinking? That in several games that year, Owens surpassed Rice in catches and yards.

Wait. There's more. you are aware of the fact that during his time in San Fran and being thrown to by Steve Young and the worst QB in the NFL Jeff Garcia, ( another argument in its own right), Owens:

Has been selected to 4 straight NFC Pro Bowl squads since the 2000 season and has garnered All-Pro honors 4 times (1998, 2000-02)

Finished his 49ers career 2nd only to Jerry Rice in total TDs (83), recepts. (592), yds. rec. (8,572), rec. TDs (81) and 100-yd. rec. games (25)

Led the 49ers in yards after catch from 2000-03 (677 in 2000, 542 in '01, 597 in '02 and 366 in '03)

So this argument about Owens could have been better because seems kind of weak. Don't ya think? Nah. you'll just say it's despite all that instead of because of all that. :doh: Actually, this doesn't really mean I agree with your list or anything, it's just kind of fun to prove someone who believes he's so right....well....wrong. Enjoy your time off.

Next, why Torry Holt is in fact as good as advertised.

Saying Holt is a product of a system is like saying Clinton Portis rushed for 1500 yards because of the Denver O-line.

They both have high work ethic and the talent needed to be the top at their positions in the league.

Originally posted by Jay87

Saying Holt is a product of a system is like saying Clinton Portis rushed for 1500 yards because of the Denver O-line.

They both have high work ethic and the talent needed to be the top at their positions in the league.

You've got a point. But Moss is still the best in the league right now. Forget my opinion then, majority rules anyway. :)

For all you people screaming "It has to be Moss," answer the following:

When has Moss ever come up big (ie NOT CHOKED) in the playoffs.

Yes, Moss is hands down the most dangerous WR in the regular season, but he's had his ass handed to him big time in the post-season. Everyone calling McNumbnuts or Andy Reid chokers ought to take a look at Moss. Anyone remebr the easy TD pass in the Atlanta game he dropped, or how the NY CBs COMPLETELY SHUT HIS ASS DOWN.

Funny how all the mediots saying Monk never distinguished himself in the post-season will likely fall all over themselves to put Moss in the post-season. Holt has been to 2 more SBs than Moss for a reason!

Originally posted by Riggotoni

For all you people screaming "It has to be Moss," answer the following:

When has Moss ever come up big (ie NOT CHOKED) in the playoffs.

Yes, Moss is hands down the most dangerous WR in the regular season, but he's had his ass handed to him big time in the post-season. Everyone calling McNumbnuts or Andy Reid chokers ought to take a look at Moss. Anyone remebr the easy TD pass in the Atlanta game he dropped, or how the NY CBs COMPLETELY SHUT HIS ASS DOWN.

Funny how all the mediots saying Monk never distinguished himself in the post-season will likely fall all over themselves to put Moss in the post-season. Holt has been to 2 more SBs than Moss for a reason!

You make a case that Moss is inconsistent w/out any knowledge of how CONSISTENT he really is. To answer your playoff question... How about in the 6 playoff games he has been in he has caught a TD in 5 of them. I don't consider that choking! In the 80 games Moss has played in he has not gone one game without a catch. Since coming into the NFL in 98 he has more TDs than any other receiver with 61. 61 TDs in 80 games... that's pretty CONSISTENT! In his first 5 seasons he has past every other receivers set marks for receiving yards, including Jerry Rice... In the same 5 seasons he topped Marvin Harrisons record 4 most receptions in a players first 5 seasons. Those two names aren't exactly pushovers... So I ask you does Moss not scream... CONSISTENT?

This thread should be buried, but before then I'll go with Moss not only because his stats dictate the obvious but also because Holt thought it necessary to taunt us. Very tasteless and low class in a pre-season game. I'm all for doing little dances and what not, but to taunt a 2nd/3rd string DB, come on get over yourself.

Originally posted by VAsBeachBoy

You make a case that Moss is inconsistent w/out any knowledge of how CONSISTENT he really is. To answer your playoff question... How about in the 6 playoff games he has been in he has caught a TD in 5 of them. I don't consider that choking! In the 80 games Moss has played in he has not gone one game without a catch. Since coming into the NFL in 98 he has more TDs than any other receiver with 61. 61 TDs in 80 games... that's pretty CONSISTENT! In his first 5 seasons he has past every other receivers set marks for receiving yards, including Jerry Rice... In the same 5 seasons he topped Marvin Harrisons record 4 most receptions in a players first 5 seasons. Those two names aren't exactly pushovers... So I ask you does Moss not scream... CONSISTENT?

Where in my post did I ever say inconsistent?? Where?? Where???

What I said is he's choked in the post-season, specifically in both the NFC Championship games he's played in.

And, yes Moss screams all the time, but I can't make out what he' saying... :D

Originally posted by Renegade7

You've got a point. But Moss is still the best in the league right now. Forget my opinion then, majority rules anyway. :)

I agree Moss is the best in the league, his downfield speed makes him a threat every play.

Holts taunting was more of a function of pumping a team up that just got their arses kicked the the two past games.

Moss is more physically talented, but I'll take Holt on my team every time. He's outgained Moss 3 out of the last 4 years, and while he can't match Moss' TDs, I also like his post-season production, work ethic, etc. over Moss.

Moss is still a freak, but until his team actually accomplishes something, he's not the best.

Archived