Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R. Moss or T. Holt...

Renegade7

I watched the Rams/Skins preseason game, just like the rest of us. I'm telling you, Holt ripped up that vinilla D like it was nothing. You can't go easy on Torry Holt, but my kept insisting that Randy Moss was better. I wasn't going to debate him, because in all honesty, I believe he's right.

What do ya'll think? Randy or Torry?

comparing the two is criminal. Moss is the king of the deep ball and tied with Owens for the best big-play receiver in NFL history. One play and it's an 80 yard touchdown. Torry Holt doesn't give you that. When's the last time Torry has scored a touchdown off of a bomb or taken one to the house from even a fairly long way away from the endzone?

Sorry, but it goes Owens, Moss, and then everyone else.

Originally posted by Jordaniners

comparing the two is criminal. Moss is the king of the deep ball and tied with Owens for the best big-play receiver in NFL history. One play and it's an 80 yard touchdown. Torry Holt doesn't give you that. When's the last time Torry has scored a touchdown off of a bomb or taken one to the house from even a fairly long way away from the endzone?

Sorry, but it goes Owens, Moss, and then everyone else.

You can't be serious, he only took one to the house... how long ago? uh tonight. Holt had a 1700 yard season last year, Owens best was 1450 yards, and he has been decling each year for the past 4 years.

Holt is a more skilled receiver in terms of route running and even catching. But, Moss is a better receiver in terms of sheer, unmatched talent. Moss changes games with speed and explosiveness no one can match. It's like a big-play defender like Deion. Others may have been as good from a technique standpoint, but, teams feared Deion because he altered how games were played out of respect for his ability to make plays.

Holt will catch 110 balls for 1,400 yards and probably surpass Moss in at least two if not three receiving categories. But, in the end, teams fear the game-changing ability Moss has that no one can touch, so, he alters games in a way Holt doesn't.

I put Harrison first, followed by Moss, then Holt in the pecking order of the league's best three receivers.

Originally posted by mhd24

Owens isn't even in the top 5 of receivers. I'd rate them:

1) Moss

2) Harrison

3) Holt

4) Ward

5) Chad Johnson

Johnson needs to prove his skills for another year, and teams don't fear Ward like they do T.O. I'd say the top four are pretty firmly entrenched this year. My order would be Moss, Harrison, Holt, Owens, Ward.

Originally posted by skin_finatic

moss

harrison

owens

holt

4th on my list....but yeah did show that tonight.

Holt lead the league in receptions AND yards last season (they showed the stat during the game last night). I think he's arguably the best. Boy, did he make Sean Taylor look like a fool on that circle route (that I'm glad Bulger missed). It's good for Taylor to taste a little humble pie. It will keep him honest and working hard.

Archived