Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Ramsey still be a Skin at the end of the 2004

xe101

Ramsey will start by the end of the season, not because of poor play but because fo injury. He will have unlearned all of Spurrier's stuff, he will know what it is like to have protection, he will check down quicker, and he has the mad arm to gun it deep.

Originally posted by Shakermaker

I think he'll see that Brunell really only has a year, maybe 1.5 seasons MAX he can start. Then Ramsey will be into the system and comfortable. That plus a nice new contract will keep him in Washington for awhile.

I dunno, Brunell is 34, same age as Thiesman when he was going to his second Super Bowl. He played two more seasons after that until he was 36 and was out only due to injury.

Hell Sammy Baugh played till he was 38 :D

Brunell will start the season, but given his recent injury history; and the "poorus line" from the bang cartoon in front of him. He will be in IR by midseason. Ramsey will then get his shot, and will do better with Portis and Kozlowski around this season.

Here's an idea...

Trade Ramsey for Eli.

Trade Eli for McNabb.

Trade McNabb for Carter.

Trade Carter for Henson. Cut Henson, draft a new guy. Meanwhile, in Dallas, Carter can say, "I'm bAAaack!"

Not much more silly than the topic of this thread.

I am curious if San Diego did at one point offer us the #1 for Ramsey as it was reported.

I agree his value has declined I still think he will be a good qb but how good is what is in question now.

I remember last year someone was trying to tell me Ramsey was better then Leftwhich, sorry to say but they aren't close.

The best thing for his career right now is to wait, learn, and then take advantage when he has the chance. Brunell won't play the entire year, it is very rare so he will have a chance to show what he can do.

Originally posted by jbooma

I remember last year someone was trying to tell me Ramsey was better then Leftwhich, sorry to say but they aren't close.

Jbooma, if Ramsey played in the same simplistic offense that Leftwich plays in Jax then he'd be starting too.

Both are good QB's but Ramsey makes better reads than Leftwich does. At least thats what I saw of them both in college as well as so far in the pro's.

Dont go homer on Byron just cos he's a D.C. boy.

Originally posted by Oldskool

Jbooma, if Ramsey played in the same simplistic offense that Leftwich plays in Jax then he'd be starting too.

Both are good QB's but Ramsey makes better reads than Leftwich does. At least thats what I saw of them both in college as well as so far in the pro's.

sure keep believing :D

Leftwhich can make all the throws look easy, you will be hearing great things from him this year since he was WR's to throw too.

He also beat out Brunell :)

Originally posted by Oldskool

I think your wrong.

I dont think your reads can be that good when your on your ass 30 times a year. Some was the O-Lines fault, yes, but he does hang on to the ball, 90% people agree with that I would say. If your holding onto the ball to long, then your not making the right reads. Unless you can say holding onto the ball is another one of Spurriers things he did to ruin Patrick, lol.

Originally posted by jbooma

sure keep believing :D

Leftwhich can make all the throws look easy, you will be hearing great things from him this year since he was WR's to throw too.

He also beat out Brunell :)

He didnt beat out Brunell. Brunell got hurt, the Jags werent going to the playoffs anyway so they decided to keep the rook in when Brunell was OK again. It was common knowledge that the Jags were going to get rid of Brunell at the end of the season anyway so why start him?

Originally posted by lolhahaha

He didnt beat out Brunell. Brunell got hurt, the Jags werent going to the playoffs anyway so they decided to keep the rook in when Brunell was OK again. It was common knowledge that the Jags were going to get rid of Brunell at the end of the season anyway so why start him?

They got rid of him because of his salary and leftwhich, if they didn't have Byron on that team Mark would be in Jacksonville.

If TH keeps outplaying PR at what point do we call a spade a spade?? Remember 3rd string castoff Trent Green who made a habit of impressive 4th Qtr mop up jobs while he was behind heath and Gus and Hostetler. Green was 3rd string and all along he was better than the whole bunch

Originally posted by Highway66

If TH keeps outplaying PR at what point do we call a spade a spade?? Remember 3rd string castoff Trent Green who made a habit of impressive 4th Qtr mop up jobs while he was behind heath and Gus and Hostetler. Green was 3rd string and all along he was better than the whole bunch

don't sleep on Tim :D

How's this:

Perhaps this is Ramsey's showcase. For two reasons: He's in a competition. He needs to play well because his play has been medicore to bad at best.

Hasselbeck has been more consistent.

If Patrick does play well his trade value goes up and we could probably get more for him then we could for Tim.

I think the Redskins brass knows what they have in Tim. And, are trying to figure out what they have in Ramsey.

Ramsey certainly has more upside. But that means nothing without the intangibles to play the position at the NFL level.

Tomorrow is Ramsey's time to shine. Tim so reminds me of Trent Green.

Archived