Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

fairweather fans in your town?!

illone

There are fairweather fans everywhere, but like everyone else says, how can you sell out repeatedly and have a base of fairweather fans?

You want to talk about fairweather fans, move down here. THis used to be still pretty strong Redskins territory until the Panthers got the gift of the year from losing to us. From that point on, those little Black and Teal hats just seemed to pop up everywhere. Now they have commercials, promos with local businesses and Panther bars. :puke:

Unfrigginbelieveable...................

NO JOKE.. Down here in NC, there's plenty "fair-weather" fans around.... There are plenty that claimed to be Skins fans who now consider the Panthers their favorite team. They all make me want to puke.:puke: I tell them if that's the case, they were never true die-hard Redskins fans. They really piss me off:cuss:

But there's still a pretty solid group of Redskins die-hards in the Carolinas. And the ones of us who are, we hate the damn Panthers!:panthersu

Know one or two fellows out here who are quite open with their fan loyalty. "Whoever's winning". :laugh: hey, Whatever floats your boat. I have much better things to concern myself with. Like. What the hell am I going to do for the Rams game? ( Though I will say maybe those guys have a little less stress in their life from a losing favorite team. But hey, what fun is that? )

THE REAL STORY ABOUT BUCS FANS:

I'll tell you right now that every team has fair weather fans.

BUT I live in Tampa so this is another story.

In Tampa you could go WEEKS without seeing a jersey, flag or even a license prior to dungy. When the bucs won the SB there was a flag on 25% of the cars. And EVERYONE had either a jersey or tshirt on..I'd say in school 1 of 10 have bucs appearal on. EVERYONE HAD to get their tags with the bucs symbol on it......But NOW they aren't so hot.......You can drive for an hour without seeing a flag......The tags are still around but those fans have taken down their flags. I haven't seen a bucs jersey here in over 6 months......

The fact of the matter is that they are consistent losers so once they ACTUALLY won they didn't know how to handle it. Now that they suck again the fan base is mostly patriots fans....Go figure....And beofe the bucs won it was the Rams.....90% of the fans are losers.......I find it hard to believe skins fans are the same way but a TRUE fan of another team may be writing this about us right now......

Bottom line: A real fan of the redskins BELIEVED spurrier could winn in this league, believe westbrook was a winner, and thought shuler was a savior. And even AFTER they failed STILL thought they had a chance just because they were Redskins.

:cheers:

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

There are always fairweather fans floating around and yes, they exist for the Redskins too. Just look at the thread about changing the team's name in the tailgate forum. 17.5% of those polled said if the team was forced to change it's name, they'd find another team to cheer for. That's an example of a fairweather fan.

What does that have to do with be a fairweather fan? I have been a fan since I was a young kid. I have been a fan through the Gibbs 1st era. I really wanted Petibon to succeed and even though he didn't, I wanted him to be kept on a defensive coordinator under the Norv (cringe) era. I rooted for Norv eventhough I couldn't understand his play calling. I didn't really like Marty but I rooted for the team because they are my Skins. During the 'Ol ball coach's era, I was just waiting for that break out game from my Skins.

If they were FORCED to change the name of my Skins, I would be the same fan as I have been. But if they change the name without legislation or serious threats to the good of the team, I may have to find another team. If Dan Snyder decides that the Redskins fan wear isn't selling enough and decides that everybody must already have a Portis or Arrington Jersey. He could then decide to change the name and the Uni's and the market will blow up.

Yes I voted for finding a new team, but it was for lack of a better choice. I would be deeply hurt. Redskin does not mean anything other than Riggo, Theisman, D. Green, D. Butz, The Hogs, Arrington (who seems to be a true Skin), etc... Ok I have gotten a bit off topic and Im sorry, I just wanted to defend my vote in that other thread.

Back on to this topic, A guy I work with is becoming a fan again, he didn't like Norv so he vowed not to watch until Norv was gone. When Martyball took over he still didn't watch. He started to come around with Spurrier but eventually he gave up. He is excited about Gibbs being back and can't wait for the season to begin. He may be a fair weathered fan.

Originally posted by DarkLadyRaven

I have a question if your team is so die hard, then how come that stadium looked like a cowboys home game in that 0-27 loss to the cowboys at FedEx.

When the Ravens beat the browns at CBS stadium in Cleveland ( 0-34 score) how come there were still alot of browns fans there.

same cant be said for the skins

Alright first of all I was at that debacle. 2nd of all it was right around freezing 32/33ish degrees but is was RAINING. Not Snow but RAIN it was horrid. Not only were we already eliminated but it was the worst weather condition ive ever watched a game in and it was the 1st & hopefully last that I'll leave early.

Also we were eliminated from the playoffs so that cut into the attendance as well. But its funny because the year before when we played the cowboys Week 17 and both teams were out of the playoffs i saw very few cowboys fans at that game. But if you take a 5-11 Skins team and add that to a 10-6 Cowboys team what do you get ? An area full of fairweather attention seeking Cowboy fairweather fans.

Were you at that preseason game last year when the Redskins whipped the Ravens 24-3? I was there and there was a mass exodus of Ravens fans when we went up 24-3 in the 3rd qtr.

So shut the F*** Up! No Fan wants to suck up a blowout loss in person. Especially in 33 degree rain. If & hopefully when we knock out the Cowboys this year on Monday Night the Dallas fans will go into exile - or worse - they will claim to be Redskins fans. Its a win - win for them but they have no loyalty to anyone ----- thats why they are loners.

My boss is the definition of the Fairweather Washington Redskins fan....

He actually said that he was going to change his team to the FALCONS before Gibbs came back. :doh:

He's a nice guy and very bood boss, but at the point when he said that, I wished that I could've fired that sorry **** for even thinking much less uttering that god awful comment.

:evil:

If you looked up the definition of a Fairweather Fan you would see a picture of the New Orleans Saints. I spend a lot of time down there and those people think one week the Saints are a Super Bowl team and the next they are going to finish last in the division. They are the most wish washy fans I have ever seen!!!!

I have a question if your team is so die hard, then how come that stadium looked like a cowboys home game in that 0-27 loss to the cowboys at FedEx.

When the Ravens beat the browns at CBS stadium in Cleveland ( 0-34 score) how come there were still alot of browns fans there.

Baltimoronians are the epitome of fair weathered fans. They couldn't sell out playoff games, so they lost their team (Colts). Now we have the Ravens and after RayRay retires the fans will become disinterested.

EDIT: Nevermind they are not fair weathered, they just aren't real fans.

Because I was depressed and needed to reload up on my prozac:(

Yep, bandwaggon fans love to jump on teams that are in crappy divisions, have no offense to speak off, and are not expected to make the playoffs this year......NOT

You guys really must overrate the ravens as a glamour team that people would want to jump on. And we have Browns fans bragging that thier fan base is larger than ours. If we are a team of bandwaggoners shouldnt our fan base be larger"?

:ravensuck I like how you avoided your own team there. Especially seeing how a good portion of Skins fans have a real bad taste in their mouths when it comes to dealing with Baltimore & I'm not even talking about the pathetic Orioles. What I want to know is this:

Why are Ravens fans? You were a Redskins fan before the Ravens came along & then you switched because...because what? Because the Redskins were having a tough time & the Ravens were going to the Super Bowl & they're considered a local team? excuse me for a second:

F*CK THE RAVENS!!! :ravensuck

Sorry about that, had to clear my throat! At least our ownership didn't hightail it & run in the middle of the night trying to escape the debacle that was a Baltimore football team. It wasn't until 2 seasons later that ya'll woke up & even noticed that the Colts were gone! And you want to question US about our LOYALTY??? :laugh: Excuse me while I clear my throat again.

F*CK THE RAVENS! :ravensuck Ravens fans are no more than fairweather Redskins fans that will jump off of Baltimore's bandwagon & back onto ours once the Redskins win their next Super Bowl!

:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

Yep, bandwaggon fans love to jump on teams that are in crappy divisions, have no offense to speak off, and are not expected to make the playoffs this year......NOT

You guys really must overrate the ravens as a glamour team that people would want to jump on. And we have Browns fans bragging that thier fan base is larger than ours. If we are a team of bandwaggoners shouldnt our fan base be larger"?

Listen, I worked in MD at the time of the Ravens' fluke Super Bowl & Redskins fans were jumping on baord the CrowsExpress. And are still on it. Besides, the Ravens will NEVER have a fan base like the Redskins do! You may beat out the Browns (although I doubt it, seeing how you have Art Modell as an owner), but you'll never beat out the Redskins. We have too many years behind us at this point & have suffered thru too much!

:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

To be a passionate Skins fan you have to hate the Cowboys, I have no problem with them. How can I be a skins fan. (besides I love Defensive teams better than the entire glory boy orientated NFC East)

I HATE the browns even more, I want to see them wither at the end of my hands. They have said the most vilest things on earth with ther sniper and death smack. As far as I know the skins dont even think about them. But they are my "Dallas"

So how can Ravens fans be skins fans?

Originally posted by Neophyte

Dallas is the home of the Fairweather Fan. Trust me. Everyone turns on the Cowboys when they are losing. I thought it was funny until I moved here. Now I actually pity the team when things are bad. These players don't know what it is like to get support from the fans regardless.

This is so true.

Been here all my life. Dallas fans can turn on a team in the blink of an eye.

Blondie

I was at that game... the weather SUCKED! (rain, wet snow, windy, freezing temperatures...) What sucked even more was it felt like I was in freakin Dallas... I did not like it one bit...

same thing happened in 2000 when we played the darn vultures from Baltimore... I was made to sit next to all manners of bindle stiff from up north...

We have fairweather fans...I am hoping the second coming of GIBBS would halt the trend of people selling their tickets to derelicts from Dallas, Philly, New York or Bmore...

A good friend of mine is the definition of 'fair weather fan' and he's a Cowboys fan!

I met him about 8 years ago or so, and he was always sporting his blue star,.. making sure you could see it,,, then for a few yearfs it disappeared, and he even was falling in as a Redskins fan for a while when Spurrier was first hired.

Last year tho, out came the blue star again, along with the professions that he 'always liked the Cowboys"

Ha! It makes it all the more fun to take his money every year in our FF league. :D

~Bang

To be a passionate Skins fan you have to hate the Cowboys, I have no problem with them. How can I be a skins fan. (besides I love Defensive teams better than the entire glory boy orientated NFC East)

I HATE the browns even more, I want to see them wither at the end of my hands. They have said the most vilest things on earth with ther sniper and death smack. As far as I know the skins dont even think about them. But they are my "Dallas"

So how can Ravens fans be skins fans?

The ones I know used to be Skins fans, but when the Ravens started winning, they flipped sids because everyone else was becoming a Ravens fan to thwart the Giants fans.

As far as hating the Browns, not quite sure I understand why a Ravens fan would hate the Browns so much. I understand why the Browns fans would hate ya'll, considering that Ravens fan are basically Browns fans in drag. How you can even compare Dallas to Cleveland is beyond me. I will say this. Any team in the AFC East or Central has every right to hate the Ravens. Ya'll talked so much crap during that Super Bowl season, even during that season, not just afterwards (I went to the Ravens game at FedEx-Ravens fans are the worst fans that I have ever encountered, aside from Cowboys fans). Their were fans at that game that were talking smack all game long, until they saw that we, the Redskins, had them beat. If the Ravens had any kind of offense that year, ya'll might have beaten us, but when you go 5 games straight without a TD, you are gonna lose at some point, & that point was here. But listening to Ravens fans at that game was ridiculous.

This is how I see it. The Ravens are a team that Fat **** Art Modell STOLE from Cleveland, leaving REAL football fans with nothing! They renamed them because Irsay took the Colts' name with them, so they needed a new name & gave them the name from the most famous story of the cities most famous poet, Edgar Allen Poe (I'll bet he's rollin' over in his grave-you know how many Ravens fans don't even know that?) Baltimore was ecstatic to get a new team. :yawnee: They would have been able to keep the old team had THEY SUPPORTED IT! I don't see how a Ravens fan can question our loyalty since the owner bought the team because he's been a Redskins fan all his life, right along side hundreds of thousands of other Redskins fans who have been here since...1937, not 1997. The only true Baltimore fans are Colts fans to this day!

Oh yeah, and F*CK THE RAVENS!!! :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

Truth is most folks jump on and off of the bandwagon as the teams fortunes ebb and flow. Sadly, there has been way to much ebbing lately. There are times when its like being a visitor in your own stadium. Believe me, I battle with all the visiting fans that are able to get tickets when the 'Skins are playing badly. Obnoxious eagle fans are by far the worst and I feel it is my duty as a season ticket holder to tell them so. :cool:

Archived