Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Own Super Bowl Ring

70Chip

It's not really the same -- the design isn't the same and you would definitely be able to tell the difference if you put one of these next to a real one, which is encrusted with diamonds. Most people wouldn't know the difference though.

What we *really* need (and I'm serious this time!) is one of these (with all *three* rings):

LargeAcrylicv1.jpg

http://proshop.patriots.com/index.cfm?ac=ViewProductDetail&PID=5611&Search=true

Every collector will want one of these. See the exact replica of the Patriots Super Bowl XXXVI and Super Bowl XXXVIII rings protected in durable acrylic forever. Great gift idea!

Dustin? :)

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

Lame idea. Lets buy a replica to celebrate my 'accomplishment' as a fan???

To some extent, I agree & to another extent, I kinda like it. If they ever make a mock version of the Trophies as collectors items, they will sell like crazy, so why not the rings? I have a picture that is worth over $600 from Super Bowl XXII of the Redskins coming out onto the field. They hadn't even started playing the game yet, but this picture is worth so much because there are so few of them. Why wouldn't I want a replica of the rings?

:logo: :D

Originally posted by 70Chip

It's not really the same -- the design isn't the same and you would definitely be able to tell the difference if you put one of these next to a real one, which is encrusted with diamonds. Most people wouldn't know the difference though.

What we *really* need (and I'm serious this time!) is one of these (with all *three* rings):

LargeAcrylicv1.jpg

http://proshop.patriots.com/index.cfm?ac=ViewProductDetail&PID=5611&Search=true

Every collector will want one of these. See the exact replica of the Patriots Super Bowl XXXVI and Super Bowl XXXVIII rings protected in durable acrylic forever. Great gift idea!

Dustin? :)

Yes, I like this idea. I am surprised they haven't marketed this for the 3 superbowls we already won. Great collector's item.

What's lame about it? Alot of fans invest thousands of dollars in season tickets, merchandise, NFL Sunday Ticket, and sports bars to support the Redskins. If you can get a little piece of the championship, why not? The Redskins actually did have a twelth man Super Bowl ring for Super Bowl XXVI. I remember Balfour made a Cowboys Super Bowl XXVII ring for the fans. It is not uncommon.

Originally posted by gridironmike

What's lame about it? Alot of fans invest thousands of dollars in season tickets, merchandise, NFL Sunday Ticket, and sports bars to support the Redskins. If you can get a little piece of the championship, why not? The Redskins actually did have a twelth man Super Bowl ring for Super Bowl XXVI. I remember Balfour made a Cowboys Super Bowl XXVII ring for the fans. It is not uncommon.

ok you get your ring I will keep my superbowl autographed footballs :)

why would you want a ring that has no meaning, and you didn't do anything to help achieve it??

Why would you want a football that will deflate and the autogrpahs probably look like scribbles? Because thats what you like. If the Redskins win, and someone produces a ring, I'll purchase it and be damn proud to wear it. I will have helped plenty. My purchases will have helped pay the players that won it, not to mention the home field advantage I will have helped bring to FedEx.

EDIT- Why would you support the Washington Redskins? I don't think any of them are native to DC and none are "Native Americans".

Originally posted by gridironmike

Why would you want a football that will deflate and the autogrpahs probably look like scribbles? Because thats what you like. If the Redskins win, and someone produces a ring, I'll purchase it and be damn proud to wear it. I will have helped plenty. My purchases will have helped pay the players that won it, not to mention the home field advantage I will have helped bring to FedEx.

EDIT- Why would you support the Washington Redskins? I don't think any of them are native to DC and none are "Native Americans".

:laugh: :laugh:

I can see collecting for a collection but wearing it :D

If someone asks you about the ring are you going to say well i helped the team be buying beer at the games, they might look at you a little wierd, just don't wear to a cowboys or eagles bar after we beat them :)

Originally posted by jbooma

If someone asks you about the ring are you going to say well i helped the team be buying beer at the games, they might look at you a little wierd, just don't wear to a cowboys or eagles bar after we beat them :)

My wife bought me a 'skins ring for X-mas last year and I love it. It's great because I have left a few imprints in Eagles and Cowboys fans foreheads. :D

If someone asks? I think most that know me know I am a Redskins fan and would know why I've got a fan Super Bowl ring. I already wear a balfour ring and one of the pewter rings to the game. Geez. Besides, I don't visit gay bars whether we win or not.

Exactly the point I was about to make.

I might understand, putting a nicer looking replica on display. Not the one that was shown orginally though. But wearing it is a little different. A general ring, advertising a team is different though. I think thats okay. More people need to learn this jewelary etiquette. ;)

Archived