Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Edit:Lions claim Iffy, but Cards beat them to the punch!

Chrisbob74

Chances are they got a call from Redskin's Gibbs, or they called Gibbs and Gibbs talked Iffy up to them. No way a team watches his most recent preseason performances and snag him hours after being cut by a former 5-11 team without some votes of confidence from the player's previous team.

Hopefully Iffy will be re-energized by a change of setting. I was really behind this guy, undrafted FA that started for us for two years. He seemed like a real gritty type but has played very poorly this year. I really thought that he would provide great depth but his play was just so atrocious.

I think we shouldve bulked Iffy up to play back up outside lb. He's 6'1" 210 or so. He lacks cover skills but hes is a damn good tackler and quick enough to play Lb in cover in small areas. Plus he could play special teams. Oh well, Good luck Iffy!

Originally posted by bigchuck

I think we shouldve bulked Iffy up to play back up outside lb. He's 6'1" 210 or so. He lacks cover skills but hes is a damn good tackler and quick enough to play Lb in cover in small areas. Plus he could play special teams. Oh well, Good luck Iffy!

Whose place would he take... Washington or Arrington? :laugh:

I think the FO made the right decision by letting him go. The problems were apparently more than just skin-deep, as well.

Nick

I heard on WTEM 980 this morning he apparently didn't like having his position coach making suggestions regarding his technique and Iffy questioned him alot.

Bad Attitude = Bye Bye

Gibbs is trying to create a "family" as well as a team. No room for malcontents that aren't playing well right now.

Iffy is very athletic - he just don't play his position properly. He takes risks that lead to big plays - one way or the other. He takes bad angles on tackles, tries to jump too many routes, and bites way to often on double moves. It's great to have a playmaker at the saftey position - but in the end it about not letting anyone get past you - which he allowed way too often. It's normal to root for the underdog udfa, but he simply made way too many bad mistakes for the number of games he had played in.

Nice guy no doubt but you know what the say about nice guys . . .

Archived