Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DE courty brown

jimminie82

Brown has never been known as a hard worker in Cleveland. With all the injuries and disappointments, is he going to be better than Phillip Daniels here in 2004? What does his contract look like?

If the money were workable, which I am betting it probably isn't, the Browns would probably want a #2 pick for him.

That's too much given his history.

Daniels had 9 twice. Upshaw has had 7 twice. Even ole Renaldo Wynn managed 5.5 back in 2002. And Skins fans are worried these guys won't provide enough of a rush :)

Brown is an average NFL defensive end. His injury history and inconsistent play wouldn't have you looking at him, except for the fact he is a former #1 pick.

I would offer the following 1st rounders for him:

Andre Johnson, OT, Penn State 1995 -- Michael Westbrook, WR, Colorado 1994 -- Heath Shuler, QB, Tennessee 1993 -- Tom Carter, DB, Notre Dame 1992 -- Desmond Howard, WR, Michigan (from Cincinnati) 1991 -- Bobby Wilson, DT, Michigan State

As a Browns fan (Who shows love to the Skins- Gardner is an AWESOME RECEIVER), I must say Courtney Brown is a flop of all meaning. I wanted Chris Samuels to be the #1 in 2000 (Maybe Couch would still be alive if Samuels had been blocking for him). Brown, in all of his hype, wasn't CLOSE to what he should have been. He is an average DE. You can have him, and we'll take Taylor Jacobs, and a 3rd or 4th

"6 sacks is more than our entire D line will get this year on their own." Please.

The sky is falling. GThe sky is falling. Thge line as it is constituted today should provide decent pressure. Are they top 5? No; but the sky is not falling either.

Fellas,

I watched this kid at Penn State, and he was, and still is a beast. With the right defensive system, he will be a beast again.

There is no doubt in my mind that Courtney Brown can be a dominant dfensive end. Problem is a big cap hit to the Browns. They won't let him go for nothing

Originally posted by rdsknbill

Fellas,

I watched this kid at Penn State, and he was, and still is a beast. With the right defensive system, he will be a beast again.

There is no doubt in my mind that Courtney Brown can be a dominant dfensive end. Problem is a big cap hit to the Browns. They won't let him go for nothing

He is a very Kearse like, DE always unhealthy but a great athlete. Problem is he has never shown flashes such as kearse. Actually he cant even be mentioned in the same sentance as Kearse so I will shut up .

Originally posted by KirkNC

"6 sacks is more than our entire D line will get this year on their own." Please.

The sky is falling. GThe sky is falling. Thge line as it is constituted today should provide decent pressure. Are they top 5? No; but the sky is not falling either.

:rolleyes:

Wynn has had 4.5 sacks in the last 2 years

Noble has had 4.5 sacks in the last 2 years he has played.

Griffin has had 5 sacks in the last 2 years.

Daniels has had 7.5 in the last 2 years.

Thats on average 5.375 sacks in 2 years or 2.6875 sacks per year, per starter.

This is also a starting 4 that is on average 29.25 years old.

These guys arent going to get sacks, the blitzing LB's, CB's and Safeties are.

So again my statement holds water. Brown had more sacks last year than our entire D line will have if they average their output for the last 2-3 years.

Archived