Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Ramsey To Start For 'Skins?

TC4

Originally posted by Art

Actually, ESM, I very clearly said I don't care what you do with the information. I said you can take it or leave it and it doesn't matter to me. I told you to be happy however you wish. I never asked that you should believe that I am right.

Again, I KNOW the guy who runs that site. In fact, I worked on the site as a guest writer he was partners in BEFORE this one (NFL Talk) and I know EXACTLY how he gets his info. EXACTLY. In fact, I've probably told the story here before. If you need that data, use the search key and look it up. If you don't, or do and don't believe it, that's great.

If you're happy believing the stuff on PFT is credible, that's great. Be happy with it man. I know what PFT is and why it exists while members of the last site are writing for ESPN and guys at PFT are not. I know the history and the ins and I know which group of men were credible and which weren't and I know why the one's that weren't are doing what they're doing now.

It's fun for them and they like what they do. Can't fault them for that. I just know they aren't credible. What they happen to be good at, however, is culling together every rumor scrap from all over into a central location. So, they'll hit on some things and miss on others. I just know people just like me have provided them their scoops before.

And, you don't know me :).

You make me sick. First you you dog reporters for the info they write on! And then you tell me you write scoops. Can you contradict yourself anymore.

I don't believe you and I think you are talking out of your ass. High school newspapers don't count and you've yet to prove yourself. Of course I don't know you, thats why I've asked and I'm asking agian - Who are you? Qiut answering a question with the question.

Of course I believe a lot of what they say. They have reported news before any newspaper or sports network have. How can you explain that? And they have been a majority of the time correct. More than what you can say for yourself. You can't even prove who you are or what you have done. Except put your own foot in your mouth.

Esm, I think you may have just stepped into it. I suppose Art has been trying to take it easy on you seeing as how you're a newbie. However, that last post may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Just a word to the wise, you can take it however you wish.

High school newspapers....:stop:

Actually I hope Ramsey starts but you can take one thing to the bank and that is Joe Gibbs does not lie. He is a devout christian and has been for a long time.... And he said it is a fair competition. 3-4 days of training camp doesnt even shake the rust off that old mustang. Common sense should rule out the idea that the decision has already been made.

Originally posted by esm9577

You make me sick. First you you dog reporters for the info they write on! And then you tell me you write scoops. Can you contradict yourself anymore.

I don't believe you and I think you are talking out of your ass. High school newspapers don't count and you've yet to prove yourself. Of course I don't know you, thats why I've asked and I'm asking agian - Who are you? Qiut answering a question with the question.

Of course I believe a lot of what they say. They have reported news before any newspaper or sports network have. How can you explain that? And they have been a majority of the time correct. More than what you can say for yourself. You can't even prove who you are or what you have done. Except put your own foot in your mouth.

Wow... it's been awhile since an inarticulate moron has decided to go head to head with Art.

You already seem like an idiot, and if Art actually decides to respond to your drivel, he'll make you look even more like an idiot. Good luck, man. You just jumped into Sh*t Creek without a paddle.

I know it's Pro Football Talk, but they actually had the news about the Cowboys dumping Qunicy Carter before ESPN did:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to understand that profootballtalk.com is the most accurate football news site today. That is where all of the front offices look for their top news (go to the site and scroll down to the bottom of the page and read "about us"). Just like TC4 said, when the Q Carter news hit today, they were the first ones to have the news posted. They even claimed it and it was true. I checked all of the big boys sites and found nothing.

I'm not saying they are 100% with thier info, but being a faithful visiter of the site for the past four years, I can honestly tell you that they're legitimate and a majority of the time correct.

If you don't believe me, check the site out for a couple of weeks, and if the news and rumors are not consistent with what actually happens in the NFL, then simply stop visiting.

Trust me. It is a credible site.

With that being said, I think a majority of skins fans will be pleased that Ramsey will start. With his toughness, abililty, and wits, we all know that he can get the job done.

Tell ya what. I'll wait till I hear it from the horse's mouth, okay? I'm really tired of rumors.

And WTF is up with "Potato Sack?"

Art is going to be out of town for the next few days and will not have a chance to reply to this, or else I'd stay out of it.

I am the co-owner of Extremeskins, and Art is the Head Moderator of the message board community. I can verify that everything he is telling you is true, and that if he was a liar about this petty kind of crap then I would certainly not have him on my staff. We dont tolerate liars here and we do verify every claim that a poster makes about 'connections' etc...

Do a websearch for 'Art Mills' and NFLTalk and you will probably dig up some of his articles for them back in 99 or so.

With that said, i suggest you take some time and watch how this community rolls before you go sticking your foot so far down your esophagus again.

Originally posted by SkinsFan589

Well, according to most of the training camp reports I am hearing from board members, Brunell looked much more confident and accurate when running the offense than did Ramsey. Am I wrong?

I heard the same thing -- that Ramsey has seemed rusty during training camp.

C'mon Art, reply: verbal gladiator battle!!! Actually, I have always felt that Ramsey would start and that Brunell was brought here as an insurance policy (albeit a way too expensive one). No head coach in this league can ignore Ramsey's talent, especially not Gibbs. Ramsey may be one of the most talented QB's in the league even if he's a little rough around the edges.

Originally posted by Octane67

Actually I hope Ramsey starts but you can take one thing to the bank and that is Joe Gibbs does not lie. He is a devout christian and has been for a long time.... And he said it is a fair competition. 3-4 days of training camp doesnt even shake the rust off that old mustang. Common sense should rule out the idea that the decision has already been made.

Thank you. Even though I'm a Ramsey believer this all has to be worked out on the field. Some of these reporters like Pastabelly show up for a single two hour session and one QB or another is having a hot afternoon and the other is off. These writers then draw conclusions based on a keyhole view of the universe. The fact is that Ramsey probably has the better arm. The fact is that Brunell is a little more mobile. The fact is that neither of these skills may be the deciding factor that Gibbs is looking for. The ability to read defenses and lead the team may be the determining factor. Or which one will be the better QB by midseason and beyond may determine which one starts the season. Gibbs will decide after watching the first 4 pre-season games and not before.

Its going to come down to the preseason games, may the best man win. I hope Brunell wins at first so Ramsey can learn more and we didn't waste that money on a backup. I am glad Ramsey is improving so fast though, our future looks very bright.

Zactly Jbooma. I think that Gibbs decided early on that he wanted two QB's who had the potential to take them all the way. I think that he decided that he doesn't mind paying a premium for that luxury, and that he will truly let performance determine the starter. If he decides that Ramsey is the starter I don't believe that Gibbs will view Brunell's salary as wasted money. I suspect that the competition is making Ramsey a better player faster, so some of that money is already helping. Besides, Ramsey's next contract will dwarf Brunell's and everyone knows it.

Originally posted by Potato Sack

Tell ya what. I'll wait till I hear it from the horse's mouth, okay? I'm really tired of rumors.

And WTF is up with "Potato Sack?"

LOL!!! Nice name-change! I had a BAD knee-jerk reaction to reading that as well.

I assume it's a shot at the o-line, or Ramsey's lack of movement in the pocket. What a jerk-off.

Originally posted by Yusuf06

Esm, I think you may have just stepped into it. I suppose Art has been trying to take it easy on you seeing as how you're a newbie. However, that last post may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Just a word to the wise, you can take it however you wish.

High school newspapers....:stop:

You guys are right. There was no reason for me to say the things I did. It was late and I got irritated and I now see that I was actually wrong in some capacity. When Ireally think about it, it was a real stupid reason for me to argue about.

You guys are right. There was no reason for me to say the things I did. It was late and I got irritated and I now see that I was actually wrong in some capacity. When Ireally think about it, it was a real stupid reason for me to argue about.

wow! That may be the first time in internet history that someone actually objectively reviewed themselves. Congrats! But you probably just broke the internet.

:)

esm9577,

I'm sorry, I've got to chime in. You will NEVER convince a Redskin fan that PFT has a shred of credibility. Why? Because we have watched one "inside source" prediction after another after another after another be wrong in the last 2+ years. Heck, I can name a dozen things off the top of my head they were SURE was done (like Ray Rhodes being our new coach, Ramsey traded to Miami, Samuels being traded for Orlando Pace, a trade with the Raiders to move up and draft Gallery, on and on and on and on and on it goes...). I stopped visiting the site after they missed #19 in a row about my team (and yes, I WAS counting). So please don't come around here pretending like they know something. EVERYONE here knows that the site is a joke because we have all seen it with our own two eyes.

And further, I know people who work for the site, "agents" so to speak. Ron DelDuca lives about 5 minutes from my house, and even he admited that the site was a bunch of crap (and he did it on the radio, so I'm sure other people heard it other than me), while he was writing articles for them.

If Ramsey is to be the starter, we will all realize it because we will have seen him outperfom MB in the preseason. There will be no secrets.

Originally posted by KevinMac

esm9577,

I'm sorry, I've got to chime in. You will NEVER convince a Redskin fan that PFT has a shred of credibility. Why? Because we have watched one "inside source" prediction after another after another after another be wrong in the last 2+ years. Heck, I can name a dozen things off the top of my head they were SURE was done (like Ray Rhodes being our new coach, Ramsey traded to Miami, Samuels being traded for Orlando Pace, a trade with the Raiders to move up and draft Gallery, on and on and on and on and on it goes...). I stopped visiting the site after they missed #19 in a row about my team (and yes, I WAS counting). So please don't come around here pretending like they know something. EVERYONE here knows that the site is a joke because we have all seen it with our own two eyes.

And further, I know people who work for the site, "agents" so to speak. Ron DelDuca lives about 5 minutes from my house, and even he admited that the site was a bunch of crap (and he did it on the radio, so I'm sure other people heard it other than me), while he was writing articles for them.

If Ramsey is to be the starter, we will all realize it because we will have seen him outperfom MB in the preseason. There will be no secrets.

Game. Set. Match.

Archived