Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Ramsey To Start For 'Skins?

TC4

I seriously doubt that Ramsey will be the opening day QB. Gibbs isn't one to start someone based on their salary, but he loves veteran players, and Ramsey is just not Gibbs' type of QB right now. I think if Brunell plays badly, that he might have Ramsey replace him, but most likely not in a mid-game situation.

Lates.

ESM,

I'm out of town and haven't been back to this board since my last post in this thread, but, I thought I'd look to see what else has been said. In any case, I think you've been fairly well cowed in this thread. For the record, I didn't write for the high school newspaper. Didn't start that until college :).

Ramsey should seize the moment..

Opportunity is a knocking and it starts Saturday...He really needs to remember what got him some glory last year and that was not worrying about the defensive line and make the throws..

He held on to the ball til the last second early last year and he got respect for it..towards the end he was getting happy feet and it's carried over so far in pre-season this year.IMHO.

He's way better than that and when he starts trust the o-line (which he will because they will be great)he will be fine.

What advantage would Gibbs have of choosing a starter right now? It's still about a month before a real game. The only thing I can think of is that if he names a starter now that person will have more time with the first team. Actually, I guess that is a pretty good reason. Still, I think neither guy has looked sharp enough for Gibbs to get a real feel for either one yet.

Art

For what its worth, would this have even started if you refrained from trying to make the guy feel stupid, just for saying he believed something that was reported? Your point was well taken and I'm sure always is, but condescending somebody will always generate that type of negative response. Obviously, this is not the first unsupported rumor that has filtered through EXTREMESKINS. I suppose you have earned the right to always come across the way you do-congrats.

I've been thinking the same thing about Ramsey over Brunnell the whole off-season.

Lefwhich out played Brunnell last season and it wasn't just becuase the Jags wanted Byron in there, it was because Brunnell was going down hill fast.

I expect Brunnell to be released at the end of next season after we spread out that signing bonus a bit so it won't be much of a hit.

Originally posted by spearhed

Art

For what its worth, would this have even started if you refrained from trying to make the guy feel stupid, just for saying he believed something that was reported? Your point was well taken and I'm sure always is, but condescending somebody will always generate that type of negative response. Obviously, this is not the first unsupported rumor that has filtered through EXTREMESKINS. I suppose you have earned the right to always come across the way you do-congrats.

It is stupid to believe Pro Football Talk is an accurate, reputable site and pointing that out for a person who has expressed an opposing thought is hardly a terrible thing. I don't subscribe to the school of thought that idiocy should be ignored for sake of being polite. That's not to suggest ESM is or was idiotic. Simply poorly informed and snowed by what is at BEST a personal blog dressed as something other.

Archived