Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor Fires Agents

vegeta613

Len didn't pull any punches, eh? He makes it sound like Taylor is terrible out at training camp. I thought he was doing well according to our camp reports?

Monday won't come soon enough, this board is going to be filled with worry warts!

Why would I take him back if I was Rosenhaus?

Not only did he cost me money by signing his existing contract under two other agents. Allowing them to get a % of the money negotiated for a top 5 pick... But,

It is also clear he is a very emotion led person and I'd have to be walking on thin ice just to maintain my relationship.

I'd say talk to me in a few years when your contract is up for renegotiation.

Taylor will not make waves, but probably learned a lesson he will not soon forget. Dan will be have some hard dealings down the road. I think everyone else is going crazy with the contracts. This will also add more fuel to the Poston's fire, poor Browns :cry:

Originally posted by The Cowboykiller

I was under the impression that Taylor was doing fairly well at camp. what is going on??? Is he looking "ragged", barely cutting it, or is he making an impression and on his way to being a starter? Someone who was at camp please clarify. Thanks

Please remember this was written by Pastabelly, most reports have said Taylor has been doing pretty well, I wouldn't put too much stock in Pastabelly.

Not sure why he's going back to Drew Rosenhaus after firing him so abruptly after the draft. My guess is that Portis was involved in getting him to go back to Drew. Hope this does not evolve into a holdout in two seasons after Sean becomes an all-pro. At least we have him signed and in camp, and as bizarre as this flip flopping is, it can't be as bad as having to deal with the Potsons.

Oh boy.

Prepare for mass hysteria on Extreme.

Quick thoughts:

1) Sean is an interesting young man.

2) The Skins may have just bought themselves "a year or two" of service from this guy on the relative cheap. Long enough to see, interestingly enough, if he's the kind of impact player they'd feel good about giving a monster new contract to. Like a test-drive or something. Food for thought.

3) As long as the names "Poston" don't surface here, I'm going to simply assume this will work itself out over the next couple of years, and that those couple of years of maturity will make his being an interesting young man a bit less of a roller-coaster ride for his team and its fans.

Originally posted by Om

Oh boy.

Quick thoughts:

2) The Skins may have just bought themselves "a year or two" of service from this guy on the relative cheap. Long enough to see, interestingly enough, if he's the kind of impact player they'd feel good about giving a monster new contract to. Like a test-drive or something. Food for thought.

3) As long as the names "Poston" don't surface here, I'm going to simply assume this will work itself out over the next couple of years, and that those couple of years of maturity will make his being an interesting young man a bit less of a roller-coaster ride for his team and its fans.

I will subscribe to your view.:fingersx:

and the woes of overpaid sports players begins a new chapter......his deal is more then generous for a rookie that has never played a snap in an NFL GAME. Even if he is considered to be a top prospect, that is on potential alone and he still hasn't done anything for the team YET........man oh man, please Taylor, settle down.

Originally posted by Om

Oh boy.

Quick thoughts:

My understanding is that Taylor is doing great at TC & impressing the coaches & other players. This isn't really something to have to worry about just yet. To be quite honest, it seems to me that he likes his life without having to answer to an agent about how to deal with life. Eitherway, an agent isn't really that imparative at this point. The important stuff is taken care of...he's signed, he's on the practice field...things are good right now. Don't let a little bad news (or seemingly bad, anyway) sway your opinion of this kids performance on the field. Yea, this is all kinda bizarre to say the least, but hey, it's his life. He wants to live it like that, it's his choice. When it starts affecting his performance on the field, that is when I will start to worry. But for now, water on a duck's back!

:cheers:

Originally posted by Om

Oh boy.

Quick thoughts:

1. If intersting you mean confused with lack of direction in his life, I'll agree.

2. Im happy with the contract that we gave this kid, very cap friendly. That much im happy about. I just hope he doesnt get any stupid thoughts in his head of trying to re-negotiate his deal.

3. Poston's would be the worst thing that could happen to him. I hope he's smart enough to know that they are a cancer but if they promise him $$$ and blow smoke up his arse, who knows what can happen.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again; Gibbs needs to mentor this kid or assign one for him cos he's going to turn into a loose cannon.

Archived