Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor Fires Agents

vegeta613

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

Om is right on here.

And Pastabelly comparing Taylor with Andre Lott, after ONLY 2 DAYS of practice is absurd. :laugh:

My point excactly. Why does this so called reporter always goes out his way to make sure he is sticking bad mojo on the skins? Taylor is still nursing the knee but he is still flying around there, But Pasta decided to slide that in his report in the last sentence about the knee. If my memory serves correct. Sean was the first 1st round rookie signed. the rest of the league followed suit, But you dont see that Fat..stank...bloated..Geletain A$$ givin us props to get all our pics signed and ready for camp. Boy oh boy I cannot wait for the Haters to be riding the bandwagon this season. :cheers:

He got burned by being the first to sign. That's an absolute positive for him in my book. It's my understanding that his contract is very solid, based on the contract signed by last year's 5th pick.

These other contracts are the crazy ones, where the previous year's slotting has been blown completely out of the water.

What's up with this trend?

As far as Taylor goes, as long as his name isn't attached to an arrest or suspension report, I'm not too concerned. Unless he signs with the Postons...:(

Originally posted by Neophyte

Anyone know how Taylor's contract compares to the contracts of the top Safties in the NFL?

Personally I think the contracts for rookies this year are just stupid.

This was exactly what I was thinking about. Taylor's contract is tantamount (with escalators reached) to a 7 year franchise tag for safeties. He gets basically premo dollar (escalators reached) for the position he plays. Sure Fitz and Manning get more. Guess what, they play QB and WR. Sean will be fine once we start playing football and this offseason hoopla ends.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

My understanding is that Taylor is doing great at TC & impressing the coaches & other players. This isn't really something to have to worry about just yet. To be quite honest, it seems to me that he likes his life without having to answer to an agent about how to deal with life. Eitherway, an agent isn't really that imparative at this point. The important stuff is taken care of...he's signed, he's on the practice field...things are good right now. Don't let a little bad news (or seemingly bad, anyway) sway your opinion of this kids performance on the field. Yea, this is all kinda bizarre to say the least, but hey, it's his life. He wants to live it like that, it's his choice. When it starts affecting his performance on the field, that is when I will start to worry. But for now, water on a duck's back!

:cheers:

Exactly. Why are all of a sudden worried about what Pasta says?

In a related story Shaun Taylor announced he has changed his mind about coming out early and fully intends to return to the University of Miami for his senior year.............if he can get his apartment back and toward that end Taylor announced he is firing his landlord.

The franchise amount for a S was 4.1M this year and if he hits his incentives he'll make 40M and void his 7th year which would be over 6.5M per year. Most players on the franchise list are at the end of their contracts where the big money lies and their average payout is much much lower. Roy Williams got the previous highest bonus money for a S at 9.3M and the most ever given to a vet was 8M for Dawkins.

Ya'll are worrying too much. This isn't even news on ESPNews. I just watched a segment on "4 Quarters" & they didn't say anything about Taylor firing his agent or anything about Taylor. They had an update about KW2 (& the host called KW2 a "Headcase" which made one of his producers bust out laughing in the background) & how the Browns are looking to see this thru & they expect a loooong holdout. Other than that, they said nothing about the Redskins or Taylor. So stop worrying. I'm sure the story is legit (to be quite honest with you, I never even read the story, because I saw who it was by & knew it wasn't going to be anything good), but I'm also sure that he (Taylor) has his reasons. Relax folks, all is well until Gibbs says otherwise!:thumbsup:

He already signed and is in camp so I could give a f--k who his agent is. The only thing of note in this article is that Jabba the Hutt once again goes out of his way to bash a skins player -- the guy's been in camp two days and Pastabelly is basically calling him a bust. Hey, Len -- mix in a salad once in a while and give me a f--kin break! His training camp report on the skins comes out tomorrow -- gee, what do you think that will say? "It's three days into training camp and the Redskins, under overrated coach Joe Gibbs who never should have come out of retirement -- especially since I was scooped on the report, obviously have no chance of competing in the NFC East."

Pastabelly is such a loser. He makes judgement on Taylor in 2 days but has this to say about the Falcons safety's:

"As thin as the Atlanta defensive line appears to be, the biggest worry area might be at safety, where the starters are not even solid. It's probably not fair to evaluate players after two practices, one of which wasn't even in pads, and safety is a difficult position to assess in camp anyway."

Oh really Len, but it's so obvious Taylor is struggling. STFU!!!!!

Originally posted by Hooper

He already signed and is in camp so I could give a f--k who his agent is. The only thing of note in this article is that Jabba the Hutt once again goes out of his way to bash a skins player -- the guy's been in camp two days and Pastabelly is basically calling him a bust. Hey, Len -- mix in a salad once in a while and give me a f--kin break! His training camp report on the skins comes out tomorrow -- gee, what do you think that will say? "It's three days into training camp and the Redskins, under overrated coach Joe Gibbs who never should have come out of retirement -- especially since I was scooped on the report, obviously have no chance of competing in the NFC East."

:laugh: He says that as he tries to stuff a 12 ft. Philly Cheesesteak down his throat with Andy Reid on the other side of the sammich going, ":thumbsup:"

Pastabelly...:laugh: What a pr!ck!!!

What are the chances of being able to copy & paste this thread to ESPN so they can see that this azzhole should not have a job where he gets to talk about football? Maybe it would have an affect, maybe not, but I was just wondering...;)

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Ya'll are worrying too much. This isn't even news on ESPNews. I just watched a segment on "4 Quarters" & they didn't say anything about Taylor firing his agent or anything about Taylor. They had an update about KW2 (& the host called KW2 a "Headcase" which made one of his producers bust out laughing in the background) & how the Browns are looking to see this thru & they expect a loooong holdout. Other than that, they said nothing about the Redskins or Taylor. So stop worrying. I'm sure the story is legit (to be quite honest with you, I never even read the story, because I saw who it was by & knew it wasn't going to be anything good), but I'm also sure that he (Taylor) has his reasons. Relax folks, all is well until Gibbs says otherwise!:thumbsup:

I do wonder why no one else has picked this up, especially the Washington Post. it does make me a little suspicious

Originally posted by Om

The Skins may have just bought themselves "a year or two" of service from this guy on the relative cheap. Long enough to see, interestingly enough, if he's the kind of impact player they'd feel good about giving a monster new contract to. Like a test-drive or something. Food for thought.

Exactly. I'm happy we didn't overpay Taylor like all the other rookies have been. The contracts being handed out are insane for one player of a team, and unproven players at that.

Originally posted by afparent

I do wonder why no one else has picked this up, especially the Washington Post. it does make me a little suspicious

Me too. I mean, I'm sure that the story is legit, like I said. Even as bad a reporter as Pastabelly is, I can't imagine him making something like that up unless he got Taylor confused with someone else, which I suppose is possible...However, I have to wonder why no one else has said anything. I will be watching either Frank or George tonight to find out whether they have a report on it or not. Even if they do, until I hear Gibbs saying that Taylor has become too much of a problem to put up with, I'm not gonna worry...

I still would like to :nutkick: & :hammer: & :whippin: Pastabelly until he spends the rest of his life :handicap:

PR!CK!!!

Originally posted by Mittens

Exactly. I'm happy we didn't overpay Taylor like all the other rookies have been. The contracts being handed out are insane for one player of a team, and unproven players at that.

Exactly, players should earn their money, not just be handed it for having potential. It feels good to not overpay for a change.

Archived