Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the Skins #3 WR? McCants, Thrash, or Jacbos?

cscmtp

Where did all the Taylor Jacobs fans come from all of a sudden? I know that I was among only a few posters to defend him last season.

Since I have neither the time nor the inclination to go back and check up on some of you guys, please help me out on this: Would the front-running hypocrites who bad-mouthed him all last season please raise their hands? I'd be interested to know how he has gotten so good in your minds even before the first exhibition game has been played. Could it be because Joe Gibbs likes him?

The new interference rules will help the fast fluid receivers like Jacobs a lot. You can't jam in the pros like you can in college I believe. Watch out!

From what I've heard and seen about him at UF, he should turn some heads even in the preseason. Hopefully his injury didn't slow him down.

My money is on McCants. He has the talent and I think being the most notable player at the Gibbs is back press conference earned him huge brownie points. I like Thrash's speed and just don't know enough about Jacobs.

I think there is a chance that McCants or Jacobs or even Thrash becomes the #2 wide receiver before the season is over.

Gardner has been wildly inconsistent and makes key mistakes running routes and blocking downfield to draw penalties and kill drives.

This staff is not going to put up with his execution errors.

No one know anything about Taylor Jacobs yet. The only thing I have heard is that he bulked up this past offseason. He wanted to get stronger based on last seasons injury and going up against stronger CB's...McCants is a proven #3 and so is Thrash, it would be tough to unseat either one for Jacobs...

I think you will see all three of these guys on the field a lot the first half of the season...Coles still is bothered by a toe injury, so everyone may get more reps than previously thought.

I think it will largely be situational (e.g., Darnerian's height will be an asset in the red zone), however my guess would be that Jacobs will end up with the most catches and yards. He's the best all around talent among the three WR's; Darnerian's simply a big, strong guy with good straight line speed, and Thrash is a fast, tough WR. But it is only a guess at this point.

McCants. He might even pass Gardner by year's end.

I just can't bring myself to believe in Taylor Jacobs; after all, he's one of SS's boys, and Gator WRs are always disappointments, other than maybe Jackson and Hilliard. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't get the lovefest going around for him.

Thrash is insurance for ST, and a #4 WR.

Jacobs to me represents our best option at No. 3 and I could see him replacing Gardner as No. 2 if he lives up to his projections and mini-camp performances. Certainly a big if. I've not been as big a fan of McCants as some here have, but, he does have some unique skills that make him an interesting option. I just don't think he's got the all around game of Jacobs and that will push him ahead. Gardner is entering a make or break year in terms of contract and positioning. Certainly he'd appear most likely to be in the role of No. 2, but, unless he picks up his concentration and performance more like two years ago, he might be a short-timer there.

Originally posted by bubba9497

all 3 will see plenty of playing time :helmet:

I agree. All 3 will see the field. I loved to hear Gibbs talking up Jacobs in mini camps hearing that he has put on some weight and muscle.

I think whats most exciting about this whole discussion is knowing that our QB's will actually have more time to find receivers than having to worry about running for their lives.

I hope it is Jacobs just for the sake of not wasting another early round draft pick , although McCants is impressive. I see Posse04 looking like this:

Gardner- Monk

Coles- Clark

Jacobs-Sanders

Hey isn't nice to have a little depth at a position for once?

McCants and Thrash can easily fit in to any of those spots, if injury arrises.

Look for Rod to have a big year so he can go somewhere else next year and ca$h in. Which is fine because McCants is just as good if not better, IMO :point2sky

I think McCants will get the nod. Its pretty much his job to lose, so if TJ emerges as the #3 WR in spite of that, then all signs would point to a productive season from him.

No disrespect to Rod, who isn't very popular round' these parts as of late, but I think Jacobs will ultimately be the reason why he's not resigned next season.

Archived