Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the Skins #3 WR? McCants, Thrash, or Jacbos?

cscmtp

Just curious as to what most here think. I remember reading a few tidbits about each player. It seems to me McCants may have the most upside, being young, good size, and good hands. But i also know Gibbs really likes how hard Thrash works. Jacobs I can't really judge due to his injuries. What do you guys think? Who's the best of the three this year? For the next 5 years?

:dallasuck

I think Jacobs will prove to be the most talented in a year or two(except for Coles, although that's debatable). However, McCants is due for a break out year and he has a couple seasons under his belt, so I think he'll win the 3rd job this year, with Jacobs as 4, and Thrash will be a Special Teams/ utility player. However, Rod G. .:point2sky will be gone (or should be) after this year, and Jacobs will be the #2 WR a year from now, with Darnerian at #3. Well, IMO anyways.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Jacobs will start playing up to his potential this year and will be one of the more dangerous slot receivers in the league. I bet McCants will come in on goaline situations and Thrash as a backup and special teamer.

I have wishful thinking for McCants, because I have him in my Dynasty FFL. I would love for him to get the #2 spot next year. I traded a 3rd round rookie draft pick this year for his rights banking on Gardner being gone after this year. I also made this trade before they brought Thrash in.

This is a tough one. I believe that James Thrash will begin the season at #3 WR. I hear good things about Taylor Jacobs but haven't seen enough. McCants is my personal favorite, and a guy that I thought could have been our #2 last year.

It will be interesting to see if Gardner improves this year. He's got some GOOD WRs trying to move into his slot. I wonder how patient Joe Gibbs will be with Rod. Darnerian McCants is a BAD dude. (The guy dated Vivica A. Fox, for gosh sakes.) :mmm:

I think Jacobs will turn out to be the most complete receiver of the bunch, and will become a legit NFL starter who can make teams pay for doubling Coles too much.

But McCants' ability in the red zone can't be ignored. He's proven himself, there. He also has deceptive deep speed and could be a real downfield threat if he's used that way.

I think defenses will be surprised if they underestimate these guys. They could create some matchup problems.

since he's young i want T. Jacobs to win it... but in unless he really wins it outright, you'd have to think Thrash and McCants will share it, at least to start with.

i really like Gardner as our #2, and all signs have shown he's been working hard this past offseason, but it would be nice to have these other guys each step up so that we don't HAVE to resign Gardner - give us some options next offseason...

McCants, he filled the role nicely last year and Gibbs seems to like him I thought. Thrash will be 4th, but will rotate at times. Jacobs, I have him 5th at the start, though training camp and pre season may change that, plus im sure he will outperform Thrash soon being much younger and supposedly more athletic.

Thrash is a good supplement, but I never saw anything from him during his Philly years to suggest he will be more then situational reciever on this team. We are pretty loaded with receivers. It will be interesting to see the progress of Taylor Jacobs under Gibbs, since he was pretty inactive under Spurrier due to injury.

McCants definately showed me last year that you want him on the field as much as possible because he just has great hands, and was very clutch.

I think it's really very simple. Coles is the undisputed 1st reciever. Then, Gibbs will look at how the recievers perform in training camp and possible preseason. I think Gardner will get the #2 spot. I can't say who I think will get the #3 spot, but i doubt it will be Jacobs simply because he doesn't have much experience in the NFL. Like i said, it all depends on Training Camp and Preseason.

Archived