Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins in the movies and TV?

DaFunky1

I just finished watching National Lampoon's European Vacation and at the end during the credits they show the Redskins celebrating in the endzone. It looks like the "Fun Bunch" during the Miami/Washington Superbowl.

I know Eddie Griffin wore some Skins stuff in one of his movies and the Replacements was about the Redskins winning the Superbowl with Replacement players.

Can you guys and gals think of any other movies where the Skins have been represented?

Peace

The TV Show "Yes Dear" the star wears Skin's Jersey's andstuff. (executive producer or someone like that is a HUGE Skins fan) I wouldn't be surprised if the new CBS show based on Tony Kornheiser willmention the Skins regualrly.

Dr.Pepper commercialwith LL Cool Jay & Run DMC a guy is wearing a Rod Gardner Jersey

Originally posted by bubba9497

The TV Show "Yes Dear" the star wears Skin's Jersey's and stuff.

And on a side note Bubba, were you aware that the other guy on that show is originally from right down the road from us in Lynchburg,VA?

Originally posted by skinsarethebest

if i remember correctly, the skins-broncos superbowl figured prominently in a simpsons episode -- they even won on the show, just like in real life! -- anyone recall what i'm talking about?

for some reason, i thought it was the Skins-Bills super bowl, would make more sense also with the timing. Lisa was mad at her father betting and not really wanting to spend time with her, and said if the skins win, she'll like him again and if the other team(Bills) win, he'll lose her as a daughter or something. And yes, the skins won. Is that the episode?

There was an episode of "Quantum Leap" dealing with Native Americans and at the end of the show,the eldest chief was dying of a heart attack and told Sam " Just remember that the Washington Redskins are the best damn team in football". << Sure it's an obscure reference. ;)

Also, who could forget Joe Theismann in "The Cannonball Run" ?:laugh:

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Lavar did while you were out.

Bruce Smith did somthing on Arliss about a baseball team with and offensive indian name, and they bashed the skins.

Surprise, surprise....people bashing the skins...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by bubba9497

The TV Show "Yes Dear" the star wears Skin's Jersey's andstuff. (executive producer or someone like that is a HUGE Skins fan) I wouldn't be surprised if the new CBS show based on Tony Kornheiser willmention the Skins regualrly.

Dr.Pepper commercialwith LL Cool Jay & Run DMC a guy is wearing a Rod Gardner Jersey

Actually I heard that the main writer for that show is from the area and went to Frostburg. - the characters on the show all went to Frostburg and will wear Frostburg stuff as well.

....also Kevin MacDonald on "Kids in the Hall" sometimes wore a 'Skins jacket.

I heard it was based on Michael Wilbon? Jason Alexander's playing him right?

Originally posted by FedUpField

West Wing mentions the skins everyonce in a while - there's also a small helmet poster on the window of an office....it flashes by a lot.

Gene Hackman wears a skins jacket throughout Loose Cannons.

- FUF

I remember one episode of The West Wing where the character Josh Lyman is looking at a newspaper and he says, "God, the Redskins suck!" :(

Archived