Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ogunleye a redskins ???

sitting bull

I called this about a week or so on a Draft board.

Every player is automatically linked to the Redskins. It is incredible.

I am surprised no one ever said that the Redskins might go after Eddie George or Vinny Testeverde.

With that said, I would love for this guy to be in a Redskins uniform. He had a breakout season last year and is still pretty young.

A little background from NFL.Players.com

Welcome...to The Prince's Web Site! Thank you to all the fans that voted for me for the Pro Bowl!

When I finish playing football, I would like to:

Start my own company.

My craziest ambition is:

To own a private jet!

My hobbies and leisure activities include:

Reading and Listening to music!

My favorite NFL team as a child was:

San Fran 49ers

My autobiography would be titled:

The Prince

Who is your favorite musician or musical group?

Ghostface Killlah

My favorite quotation is:

The future belongs to those who prepare for it!

The living person I most admire is:

My Parents

What is your favorite food?

Mac & Cheese

Growing up, my football hero was:

Jerry Rice

My greatest achievement is:

Recieveing my degree from Indiana University

My motto is:

Be honest... the truth will come out !

What is your dream car?

SL 500

The best advice I have ever received (and from whom) is:

Work Hard nothing comes EZ... my parents!

What is your favorite movie?

Matrix

Few people know that:

I have a degree in English Lit!

Nickname

The Prince

My pre-game superstitions/rituals are:

I listen to gospel music in the morning of the game!

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.asp?strSection=qa&ID=29227

I thought the Skins would go after Ogunleye a month before the draft.

Just a little more background on him:

He tore his knee his senior year at Indiana and then went undrafted. Went to the 'Phins and in his second year, got a starting postion with 9 sacks and then last year with 15+ sacks.

I don't buy into the notion that he is only good b/c of Taylor being on the other side. This kid was a stud in college and probably would have been a 1st or 2nd rounder.

He is on the smaller side, but so is Taylor, Kearse, and many others who are great pass rushers.

If the Skins can afford it, give the 'Phins a 1st and Gardner to get him.

It would surely give us much needed help on the def line.

I like him, but for nothing more than a 3rd rounder and camp fodder as a throw-in. It makes no sense to morgage the future and pay him a lot of money too. I would be comfortable with a big deal for him if he's not going to command a player in the trade higher than a 3rd rounder in return.

Originally posted by VAsBeachBoy

I actually want to see Tony Brackens in a skins jersey. I think we could use him pretty well. Let the Jags have Ogunleye for a butt load and we'll take Brackens at a minimum.

Brackens resigned with the Jags last week.

It is going to cost too much to get him from the Dolphins. You know you are going to have to at least have a first round pick included in any trade you make for him. Then the contract he wants is going to be crazy. I hope you guys do it because I think it will only weaken you in the long run. Especially if Rod Gardener is included in the trade.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Dolphins Not Interested In Dealing Ogunleye

The Miami Dolphins despite getting interest from the Jacksonville Jaguars and Washington Redskins have no desire to deal the disgruntled All Pro defensive end. No team as of writing this, have no interest in dealing a first rounder for Ogunleye and Miami is firm on receiving that from any team interested in the Pro Bowl defensive end. The Redskins have reportedly offered receiver Rod Gardner and a second round draft pick in next years draft. If a deal to restructure with Miami falls through by training camp, the Dolphins may have no choice to either trade or let Ogunleye sit out all season but Ogunleye can't be traded until re-signing with the Dolphine due to the team owning his exclusive rights in the 2004 season.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

It is going to cost too much to get him from the Dolphins. You know you are going to have to at least have a first round pick included in any trade you make for him. Then the contract he wants is going to be crazy. I hope you guys do it because I think it will only weaken you in the long run. Especially if Rod Gardener is included in the trade.

STAY OUT of it, Tom!! :cuss:

;)

Originally posted by sitting bull

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Dolphins Not Interested In Dealing Ogunleye

The Miami Dolphins despite getting interest from the Jacksonville Jaguars and Washington Redskins have no desire to deal the disgruntled All Pro defensive end. No team as of writing this, have no interest in dealing a first rounder for Ogunleye and Miami is firm on receiving that from any team interested in the Pro Bowl defensive end. The Redskins have reportedly offered receiver Rod Gardner and a second round draft pick in next years draft. If a deal to restructure with Miami falls through by training camp, the Dolphins may have no choice to either trade or let Ogunleye sit out all season but Ogunleye can't be traded until re-signing with the Dolphine due to the team owning his exclusive rights in the 2004 season.

It prettymuch says that the Phins can't keep him even if they wanted to. Telling everyone they don't want to deal anymore probably means they don't want anyone else to get into it. Maybe a little busy with someone specifly? ;)

*Umm, guess what. That profootballcentral report is obviously wrong. Why? We don't have a second round draft pick next year. We traded it for Chris Cooley.*

Good point. Then again, who says we're offering *our* second round pick. Trying to trade draft picks you don't actually possess is a long-standing Redskins tradition...

Johnyquest I have to ask why you think the Skins shouldn't make the deal for a first and a fourth. You don't seem to think the dollar amount is the problem since you seem to think we could clear the space? So I assume you have a problem with giving up the picks? Why? By most Skins fans accounts our weakest position is pass rushing DE. I assume that's what we would be looking to draft in '05, right? Well why not get a proven guy for the extra cost of a fourth rounder, instead of using it on a young unproven player who may take 3 years to come around?

Archived