Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrell Owens

TerpsEagles

You all think he's a cancer... that's fine... i respect the fact that this is a Skins board.. and i'll admit that T.O. comes w/ risks... but it is hilarious to me that there were some 5 threads started over one small line in a Sporting News article about him wearing shorts... as if that is a sign of things to come...

..why not read about the other side of T.O.

Terrell Owens

NFL insiders seemed gleeful at the chance to revel again in what they decided was another outbreak of Owens' selfish whining. Even now, 3 months later, media references to the drama that ended with the NFL brokering a forced trade among the 49ers, Ravens and Eagles often gloss over the fact that special master Stephen Burbank apparently was ready to rule in Owens' favor on free agency.

So far, Owens' biggest disagreement with the Eagles concerns head coach Andy Reid's dictum that he has to wear shorts over his exercise tights during workouts. For now, Owens is wearing the shorts. But he wouldn't be T.O. if he didn't complain about them, this week to The Sporting News, in a cover story.

Owens thinks he has a tentative agreement with Reid that will allow him to triumph in the end.

"I've already kind of made him a little proposition that if I score 15 touchdowns this year, then those shorts are coming off," Owens says. "He said, 'Deal.' I heard it."

....huh, it ALMOST sounds like is a running joke between them...

and how selfish of him to actually do work to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimers..... fuggin pr!ck..

peace..

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

You mean his closet side?;) Here are some other quotes (admittedly taken out of context) from the Sporting News article .

All around him are his play toys ...and a sanctuary he calls his chocolate room... Access to the play room is by code only, so no one can invade his privacy without his permission.
But Owens is serious. "If I just have my tights on, I feel smooth, fluid, Spider-Man-like.
And his love affair with Donovan McNabb will be strong enough...
But Owens gushes over McNabb's skills...
Like two giggly boys sharing a deep secret, they followed Reid, coach of the NFC team, wherever he went. Walking to the beach, going to a restaurant, strolling to his room, they'd be there, laughing, connected at the hip.
He was raised by his grandmother, a strict woman who protected him from the world by confining him to his own yard. He didn't have many friends as a child and prefers being alone -- he admits to spending hours doing nothing and liking it -- and still, even now, allows only a handful into his inner sanctum, into the chocolate room.
For parts of the past two years, Owens has played with his groin...

Chocolate room...inner sanctum...hmmm.

He's a good player, but ya gotta admit he's a bit eccentric.

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

You all think he's a cancer... that's fine... i respect the fact that this is a Skins board.. and i'll admit that T.O. comes w/ risks... but it is hilarious to me that there were some 5 threads started over one small line in a Sporting News article about him wearing shorts... as if that is a sign of things to come...

Terrell Owens

NFL insiders seemed gleeful at the chance to revel again in what they decided was another outbreak of Owens' selfish whining. Even now, 3 months later, media references to the drama that ended with the NFL brokering a forced trade among the 49ers, Ravens and Eagles often gloss over the fact that special master Stephen Burbank apparently was ready to rule in Owens' favor on free agency.

So far, Owens' biggest disagreement with the Eagles concerns head coach Andy Reid's dictum that he has to wear shorts over his exercise tights during workouts. For now, Owens is wearing the shorts. But he wouldn't be T.O. if he didn't complain about them, this week to The Sporting News, in a cover story.

Owens thinks he has a tentative agreement with Reid that will allow him to triumph in the end.

"I've already kind of made him a little proposition that if I score 15 touchdowns this year, then those shorts are coming off," Owens says. "He said, 'Deal.' I heard it."

....huh, it ALMOST sounds like is a running joke between them...

and how selfish of him to actually do work to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimers..... fuggin pr!ck..

peace..

:monkees:

:laugh: First off Eagles fans are the ones freaking over TO statements,feeling the need to constantly argue that it means nothing,that's not was said....etc. If it means so little why the constant spin,and need to dispute the reports???

You completely miss the point, and ignore what else he said. So he and Reid joked about it :rolleyes: yet he is STILL whining in the interview. OPENLY questioned Reid's reasons for this policy, can't understand what he did wrong for 3 paragraphs. If everything is so OK, why moan in the interview, after joking with the coach? can you say 2 faced.

Plus lets not forget when he whinnied about not getting enough balls (insert joke) in practice. Why is he saying anything to the press about this. Why isn't he going to the coach and asking him, or take the situation in hand and ask McNabb to work extra after practice. You just don't complain to the press,even if asked about minor complaints. That just causes questions, confusion, and fustration among teammates, and coaches. Also if he is telling the press about his little complaints what is going to happen when he has a real problem? His history gives you clues.

He says he has changed.... but he is already staying true to form. You don't complain in the press about anything, unless you want to cause problems. TO can't help himself,he loves the spot light, and as long as the press put the mics in front of him he will tell anything he knows, or anything the press want to know.

Guest Westbrook36

Good points, Bubba. I think the Eagles fans just need to chill out and let's see what happens.

Question for you: Let's say the worst case example happens and Owens is his normal petulant self......will this derail an Eagles Superbowl run?

Reason I ask is because even when he was complaining in SanFran, his teams still made the playoffs and had some big wins. He was at his worst arguably in 2002 and he absolutely killed the Giants in that playoff game.

It would appear that when they lace em up, it really has no bearing on the actual results of games. Do you have any stats which suggest otherwise?

I personal ain't worried about TO or his opinon about the shorts. If he wants to be "spiderman" he can do it during indivdual practices, but when it comes to team mini-camps, I was always taught to do as the team does. There is no "I" in team or Terrell Owens either!

Originally posted by Sebowski

The other side of TO. LOL!

owens.jpg

I don't really care much for the vendetta against TO... but that pic is funny.

CAPTION:

"It's okay. Come here sweetie. I promise we'll throw you more passes on our next possession." :laugh:

Originally posted by Sebowski

The other side of TO. LOL!

owens.jpg

Even as a Eagle Fan, I have to admit that the pic is funny and I cracked up when I saw it!

I really don't care about any of the stuff coming out about him..... he said it on IMAX 2day, The fans of Philly don't care about anything but bringing home the SB.

Even as a Eagle Fan, I have to admit that the pic is funny and I cracked up when I saw it

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) that picture actually has pretty significant ramafications for Eagles fans.

I think that shot was taken after TO caught a TD pass to win a playoff game and knock out Green Bay.

Andy Reid was the QB coach on Green Bay that year and if he would have won that game, he likely wouldn't have been able to interview for the vacant coaching position with Philly.

I know that know one here cares, but I think the Birds were set to hire Jim Haslet until they interviewed Reid....could have altered the last few years in this division.

Likely would have meant either Akili Smith or Ricky Williams instead of Mcnabb....everything would have been different.

Just funny how things go, I guess.

Originally posted by bubba9497

:monkees:

:laugh: First off Eagles fans are the ones freaking over TO statements,feeling the need to constantly argue that it means nothing,that's not was said....etc. If it means so little why the constant spin,and need to dispute the reports???

..um, maybe b/c it's June and there is nothing else to talk about... lighten up francis....

....time will tell.... better hope your rookie and Smoot are up to the challenge of guarding our cancer..

Originally posted by TXREDSKINS44

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That pic was after he left it all on the field in the playoff game against the Packers. Not really what we were going after as far as whining is concerned.

I dont care that he's an Eagle. We can handle him. If he becomes a cancer in the locker room, all the better for us as Redskin Fans.

I just want to see him play the Ravens this year. Ray Lewis has two shots at him this year. Preseason and regular season.

Of course, we dont have to worry about the Super Bowl...the Eagles wont be there.

I think it's great to have TO drawing all the attention. While reporters are asking him about his shorts and watching everything he does they're not asking the rest of the team about what it feels like to be 3 time losers of the NFCCG and what will be different this year. TO is serving as the perfect lightning rod.

BTW....I'd much rather have my Superstar complaining about not being able to show off his package by not wearing shorts than complaning that his compensation package is 6.5M light. When it gets cold TO will forget all about the shorts but the anger about being cheated will burn on and on in Levar............

Originally posted by Pocono

When it gets cold TO will forget all about the shorts but the anger about being cheated will burn on and on in Levar............

Will it now? You seem to have an uncanny ability to read minds. I'd like to know exactly what all of the Redskin players are thinking right now, care to share?

Archived