Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Koz in, Byron out

Dan T.

Brian Kozlowski

6'3" 230 lbs. Born October 4, 1970 College: Connecticut

11 years NFL. First 3 yrs with the Giants. Rest w/ Falcons.

Played in 16 games last year, started 9. 10 catches for 87 yards, no TDs. Never caught more than 15 balls in a season. . .

Sure hope he can block.

Koz fits the mold of the blocking TE utilized by Gibbs. Chamberlain was more of a pass-receiving threat and with his inability to trim down, I am not shocked to say the least that he is no longer a redskin.

Chamberlain may have a bit more upside as a pass catcher than Kozlowski, but, it can't be said that he does the sort of dirty work Gibbs looks for in his tight ends as well. I think many of us wondered if Gibbs was trying to salvage Chamberlain and now we know he can't be salvaged. Kozlowski is not a pass catching threat, but he's a pretty good blocker and role player so he should help a little.

Kozlowski has been their blocking TE for several years. Crumpler comes in for passing downs and Kozlowski for running plays.

I was hoping that Chamberlin would have been more inclined to eat Jenny Craig than fatburger this offseason, but I guess I was mistaken.

Kozlowski is 250 according to ESPN, Yahoo, NFL.com and Sportsline. I think someone just hit the wrong number there. Dr. D, as for our pass catching tight end, can you tell me who that during out last Super Bowl year? Royal, presumably, would have some upside as a pass catcher if he can stay on the field, but, as it happens, we've got just about the same sort of players now that we had last time Gibbs was here.

Royal has shown promise as an all round tight end and I believe that he will be the guy we look to in terms of providing production as a pass catcher now. He's young enough, and certainly a guy who you hope at this point in his career is receptive enough to coaching. Obviously, we have to hope he can stay injury free for once.

If we don't draft Winslow, then this is a definite sign that the staff has enough confidence in Royal's ability to provide us with an adequate receiving threat from the TE spot, as blocking is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the names Rasby and Kozlowski.

Archived