Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins and problems!

Ravens777

Ravens777,

Tell me honestly ... do you really believe anything you've said here is even remotely original, insightful, or anything other than the same kind of superficial baiting tripe we see on a regular basis from drive-by troublemakers like you seem to be?

Seriously, man ... if you want something other than being made fun of ... bring something worth talking about.

saying hi to my Redskin friend who always greets me on Monday's with his hand full until he hands it to me that is.

Thanks bud. You just made my day. :rotflmao:

I hope you are dumb enough to underestimate Joe Gibbs. It does my heart good to know a Skins fan will cleaning out your pockets this season. :laugh:

Ravens777, your post was a simple case of monkey see, monkey do. You saw something about the Redskins somewhere so you decided to register here to repeat it on our board. Those thoughts are not yours. There is no "truth" in what you said, only speculation, on top of that it's somebody else's speculation. Weak. Tired. Boring. Find some crayons and color a book. Time better spent.

Originally posted by Ravens777

:40oz: << To the left is a picture of Mr. Gibbs after spending a year with Mr. Snyder who is a man on a which hunt for a RING, I have to tell ya he would get a ring lot quicker by going S&Kats jewelry store for his. Redskins will crash & burn again, owners like Mr. Snyder are never successful, proof you ask, Orioles owner!!!! Sit back and relax your next problem will be the cap after your two year window of crashing and burning!!! Good luck guys!

Can't everyone just see the jealousy dripping off the above post?

Ravens777, It's ok to admit fear.

In fact,with the return of Joe Gibbs,your reason for fear is completely understandable. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Originally posted by jbooma

Park I have family in Ohio that was involved in the situation. Cleaveland told him that they wanted to build a baseball stadium and a rock and roll hall of fame and not to help the football team. Even though it was the football team that brought the most money in. Most of the fans were pissed at the city government and then they used a sob story to talk the NFL to bringing another team there. Art wanted to stay but he was screwed by the city.

Hmmmm. no doubt to be true then, though it does only sound like one part or side of the story. And it does not chang the fact that he took Baltimore and Maryland to the cleaners. If this is/was an example of how wonderful an owner Art Modell was, then I'd hate to see the really bad ones. There was also this little gem of a situation.

Originally published Feb 26, 2002

Michael Olesker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN A $200,000 grudge between corporate bedmates, trouble surfaced last week when City Comptroller Joan Pratt called the Baltimore Ravens a bunch of liars. Now Ravens President David Modell, previously unavailable for comment, attempts to set the record straight. He should have kept himself unavailable.

In an interview the other day, Modell tried to defend his ball club, repeatedly stating a desire to be "good corporate citizens" - but inadvertently made them look small and cheap.

As everybody knows, the Ravens are minting money by the millions. They play in a ballpark that cost $229 million to build. Maryland citizens paid for the first $200 million, and the Ravens contributed only toward the $29 million in cost over-runs. They've taken in millions more on their contemptible personal seat licenses, and millions more from the corporate chump PSINet, to be followed by some other corporate stadium-naming chump. The city gets nothing from this.

And they were given a practice facility in Owings Mills, owned by the city, for $1 a year for five years - and, since the five years ran out, they've stalled and argued and made themselves look chintzy over $200,000.

Or maybe it's just $75,000.

Pratt said last week that $200,000 is fair-market value for a year's rental of the Owings Mills facility. She said the Ravens keep dodging her. The Ravens' attorney, Michael Colglazier, sent Pratt a letter two weeks ago claiming he hadn't heard from her in six months. Pratt referred to this as "a lie ... absolutely a lie."

And she wants to know why the Ravens should be allowed to continue dodging fair payment.

"That's not our desire," David Modell said a few days after Pratt aired her frustrations in public. "I had one conversation with [Pratt], and I told her I was hoping we could [continue] the $1 a year deal."

As who wouldn't?

Pratt's contention is that the wealthy Ravens have received enormous gifts from the financially strapped city, and to ask for more is unfair and unseemly.

Yet here was Modell, responding to her.

"I told her it wasn't fair to ask us to pay," he said. "She said, 'You all don't want to be good corporate citizens, and help your city, which is cash-starved.' I said, 'You're going to go public with that?' I mean, I saw she's wasn't going to be reasonable, she was going to try to score political points.

"There was a deal - $1 a year - and we wanted to hold to that. We have a history of trying to be reasonable. We love our community and don't want to be perceived as bad guys."

But the Ravens leave little choice with this kind of tactic combining the financial stall with the corporate double-speak.

The club wants to build a new training facility. The Owings Mills camp, built for the Baltimore Colts, is considered out of date. Modell said the deal that was struck called for the Ravens to spend $1 a year - even on a new practice facility - "if the cost of the stadium came in under $200 million."

Clearly, though, it did not. The stadium cost $229 million. So, where's Modell's argument?

"Technically," he said, "we went to the five-year deal [at $1 a year] because we felt we'd have a new facility built in those five years, and we could skedaddle out, and the story's over."

But they didn't, and so the story continues. It continues with the Ravens trying to dodge Pratt and appeal to the mayor's office for a bargain, and it continues with the Ravens suggesting they might pay $125,000 to a charity of their choice - rather than pay the city the $200,000 Pratt wants to collect.

And, as everybody knows, the difference between $200,000 and $125,000 is $75,000.

Making it more astonishing that, in today's sports atmosphere involving untold millions, the Ravens would try to dodge their financial obligations for what amounts to a $75,000 difference.

"Our feeling," Modell said, "is that all the players have changed since we first struck a deal with Baltimore." He means the political players. "So, instead of the $1 a year, the terms should change. We undertook a fairly sizable endeavor to move here, and everybody should live up to agreements."

Does everyone understand the structure of that sentence? Yes, the Ravens undertook a "sizable endeavor" to come here - mainly, the size was composed of the millions the club has pocketed, and thus moved the Modell family from financial straits to financial heaven.

Which was precisely Art Modell's entire argument to justify his move from Cleveland to Baltimore.

As for the second part of son David's statement - "Everybody should live up to agreements" - that's exactly the city's position: the Ravens had a sweetheart deal on the practice facility, but it ended. The new deal is simple: Pay fair-market value for the practice facility.

Or look like a corporate deadbeat if you don't.

Now, the package for the team's move to Baltimore included a new 70,000-seat, $229 million plus stadium, rent-free tenancy for the next 30 years, $75 million in permanent seat licenses, all proceeds from stadium parking and concessions, and over 50 percent of the revenue from non-football events. If that was anything like what he wanted from Cleveland, then I'm wondering who was trying to screw who.

:cheers:

As for 777...well...... tossometer.gif

Originally posted by Art

Hmm.

While Snyder's on a which hunt for a ring, I'm scurrying around on a dictionary hunt for a Raven fan. You are actually 39 who decided to make his first post on a Redskin message board at 5:30 in the morning as a flame post that reveals you don't know the difference between which and witch?

You might want to read this board more for a while or something.

Come on Art the guys a Ravens fan. We cant blame him for not being able to spell. If it's not associated with criminal activity he's not gonna know what it is or how to spell it. Wonder if he knows how to spell Jamal Lewis is going to jail. :ravensuck

[b Redskins will crash & burn again, owners like Mr. Snyder are never successful, proof you ask, Orioles owner!!!! [/b]

what about sticking with owners in football, synder could be coompared to the cowboys owner jones early in his ownership. and if i remember right he has won a few rings. maybe you should stick to bashing team in your own division, it might make help you in knoeing what your talking about.

The Ravens have never beaten the Redskins even the year they won the Super Bowl we kicked their ASS....The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl ....get out of here losers. McNabb dont own crap if you had a real QB you might have a Super Bowl title

3Card

I don't mean to be a killjoy here, but this thread needs to end. Ravens 777 is a j***a***. The admins of this site should put the kibash on this thread so we can spend time discussing more fruitful topics, like how the Skins will rule this year.

:ravensuck

Originally posted by 3CardMonte

The Ravens have never beaten the Redskins even the year they won the Super Bowl we kicked their ASS....The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl ....get out of here losers. McNabb dont own crap if you had a real QB you might have a Super Bowl title

3Card

FYI: In regular season play, the Ravens have "beaten" the Redskins once and the Redskins have won one against the Ravens.

Well, let’s see! I was booted for the day for what I'm not sure. Did I post something that raised a lot eyes, you bet I did. Did I post the truth, you bet I did. I have been on long enough to read most replies and to be honest; I am truly amazed at what I have been reading. There are people on here slandering my name and their reason for doing this, because I posted something against the Redskins! The fact is, all NFL teams get into CAP trouble, the Redskins are not excused from the CAP. As for the Ravens, I won't say anymore other then I can’t wait for game day this year; maybe then some more eyes will open. Who's to say, we could get to week 4 and the skin's record could very well be 1 win 3 loses and GOD knows what Washington will be like. Stay clear from the windows while walking the streets. If I knew I was going to fall into a sea of tears I would have kept my feelings to myself.

I would hope the ruler of this world would not find this to offensive and let me stay but if you do find this warrants a boot then please do me a favor review all the post, my bet is you will run out of boots.

One other comment, my pockets are full thanks to the Redskins. I can’t wait for the season to start again so I can pick up where I left off......saying hi to my Redskin friend who always greets me on Monday's with his hand full until he hands it to me that is.

Have a great weekend guys!

:rotflmao: :cheers:

I don't understand how much of a freaking loser you have to be to spend all your time on some other teams board, trashtalking...

You are pathetic...you have a "good" weekend.

Originally posted by Darock

I don't understand how much of a freaking loser you have to be to spend all your time on some other teams board, trashtalking...

You are pathetic...you have a "good" weekend.

Thats normal... Ravens fans have always been low budget and will continue to be classless. They are all grimey bandwagoners, just ask them about the REAL Baltimore football team history - The Colts...I promise you they no zilch.:hammer:

It sure is nice to see that our little freinds to the north are still obsessing over us. Apparently even when the Redskins go 5-11 and the Ravens make the playoffs, Raven fans still can't get over their complex. How marvelous. :)

Maybe I should go over to a Raven board and thank them ... do they even HAVE their own board? I certainly wouldn't know.

Archived