Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible FA D-Linemen

JoeSkins

I'm not real big on the guy at this point in time, but...................... Gardener played real well for us two years ago and if he could be had for the vet minimum no one would hear me complaining about bringing him back. Only for the vet minimum though.

Sapp is hands down better than all above with the exception of Gardner if healthy. People who dont want Sapp need to separate their "feelings towards his mouth" and his value as a football player and how much intensity he would bring to the D.

Have Buger, or Gregg Spires had great years with out Sapp? Even Rice's game stepped up light years playing next to Sapp. I know Sapp was top 3 well b4 them and is still a top 7 DT in the league and some of you want to cry about us having the worst line in the NFC yet you dont want this guy hmmmmmmmmmmmm:doh:

This is a great poll. I hope we get a good turnout so we can gauge exactly what everyone thinks on this.

However, there is one particular option that's missing... and that's to draft a defensive lineman. And it's an important option at that.

I'm probably in the minority here but in my opinion we should go after Sapp or Gardner.......BUT if we land one of those two we ALSO draft a linemen.

In my humble opinion if we can bring in two quality d-linemen we may be able to generate a pretty damn good pass rush. If we are able to do that any current weaknesses in our secondary might possibly be covered up.

If we can't get one of those two its either Taylor or KWII.

Holmes might be the best value - plus there's the GW connection. Brackens is probably the better pass rusher, but if I recall, his asking price may be too steep.

How about potential future cap casualties? I assume there's some list of names - probably second tier at best, though - that are potential cuts.

Slim pickin',

thats what you get from that list of bums. Ted Washington was the best choice, but now he's gone. What we should do is draft a stud in April. Forgive me for not knowing who's available around the 5th pick. Or just set back a watch Coach Joe find that hidden undrafted free agent gem. Just think back to D. (the world) Grant, unknown and a part of a dominate unit.

Burgandy And Gold Forever

wow, i didnt know Bratzke, Eaton, or Eliss were still available, no news really about them. Also Sapp does seem to be a target, though I think we will go after Evans first. I really dont see anything wrong with Eaton, or even Bratzke if hes cheap.

I though maybe Eaton was retiring......Brackens for league minimum would be nice and I'm all for Sapp if not pricey....regardless of on the decline he is a major upgrade at DT from last year and could revive Griffin as a double digit sack machine by taking on double teams.

The fact that the defensive is going to rely on the Linebackers to generate some of the pass rush speaks volumes about our defensive line. The sad reality is that the current free-agent defensive lineman arent that good. Daryl Gardner can be a monster when healthy but he is injury-prone and hard to coach. Warren Sapp's best days are behind him and looked better then he actually was playing with Simeon Rice and Anothony McCfarland. By no stretch of the imagination would Kenny Holmes be a significant upgrade. I believe he was payed something like 5mil a year w/ the Giants and was a HUGE dissapointment. Our best option is to wait until the June1st cuts or move down in the draft. If we choose to do niether I hope that Snyder does not overpay b/c of need instead of talent.

It's time to stay put on pursuing DL, at least until after the draft. We did ok with Daniels and Griffin, the fact is that anybody more would be a waste of money...either because they aren't any good....or because we'd have to overpay to get them.

I can't stress enough how Sapp is one of those tempting options that has the potential to blow up on us.

No more money to aging players...let them celebrate their retirement years somewhere else.

Originally posted by LPlantar

Actually the Skins were thinking of trading for Rogers from the Lions, not Elliss.

There were two different trades discussed, one involving Elliss for a pick and one involving Rogers for Smoot.

Hey hey, Raylee Johnson has gotten an offer from the Broncos, and is visiting as well.

And as for Chad Eaton, I don't know if he's retiring or not. John Randle retired, but I have no clue about Eaton. You're probably right, but he's not that old.

i think our DLine is still pretty weak however i dont think we have any cap space to sign anyone that will be an upgrade espicially if this Bobby Taylor rumor turns out to be true... so even though we have needs i dont think we will grab anyone...

Originally posted by sjinhan

i think our DLine is still pretty weak however i dont think we have any cap space to sign anyone that will be an upgrade espicially if this Bobby Taylor rumor turns out to be true... so even though we have needs i dont think we will grab anyone...

Best value comes from trading down and getting a 1st and a 2nd in the draft and taking D linemen that way.

Originally posted by Oldskool

Best value comes from trading down and getting a 1st and a 2nd in the draft and taking D linemen that way.

yup as this offseason is developing i think its very unlikely we are going to grab anymore FAs on the DLine. Also it seems that we are going to get depth in the secondary through FA... so from what happened so far i think trading down to grab a DL in the draft seems best.

But then again this poll is about FA and not about who we are going to draft. well i will say one more thing. if we arent going to draft Taylor i really really hope we use our first pick on DL and not on KW2...

Archived