Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tim Brandt Channel 7 news in D.C. is Reporting

Lavarleap56

Makes sense...the Skins have been talking about him for awhile....Williams was the Def. Coordinater in Tenn. .. Jevon has the same agent as Portis...so the Skins have already been talking to Rosenhaus...and Snyder just threw a bunch of cash at Portis...so he knows Danny will do this again...why not???

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I'm not especially shocked. Hopefully he can regain his pro bowl form.

This is my major concern as well. If Kearse is healthy, he is one of the biggest forces in the league, but he has been hurt so often. I would be a little weary of throwing a ton of money at him. He is an animal though.

there is two things about the tampering thing

1-every team does it

2-everyone is just mad at synder becuase he deos it better then them all and he not scared to make it obvious with being careful enough to keep from getting in trouble.

Actually, would it be tampering?

I seriously don't know. But, players who are free agents seem to have the ability to approach teams all the time. We heard that agents for a couple of free agent backs approached Washington at the combine. Is it only tampering if you speak to players who are under contract?

If so, that would be tampering if we were talking seriously with Kearse since he is under contract until the next league year. However, I wonder if there is some sort of exception to the rule based on free agency. Like, after Feb. 24 -- the deadline for franching a player -- if a player isn't tagged he is essentially free to begin looking for work.

Originally posted by Skins26

He only missed 2 games last year. He had some freak injuries but I think he's back to form now. He'll be fine.

This is excellllllent.

The Freak in DC, oh my.

He only missed 2 games but he was injured. Basically all his sacks came early in the season, and then that same foot injury wore on him. Towards the end he wasn't doing very well I think.

Originally posted by Art

Actually, would it be tampering?

I seriously don't know. But, players who are free agents seem to have the ability to approach teams all the time. We heard that agents for a couple of free agent backs approached Washington at the combine. Is it only tampering if you speak to players who are under contract?

If so, that would be tampering if we were talking seriously with Kearse since he is under contract until the next league year. However, I wonder if there is some sort of exception to the rule based on free agency. Like, after Feb. 24 -- the deadline for franching a player -- if a player isn't tagged he is essentially free to begin looking for work.

I think it would be tampering only if a contract was signed. If he agreed verbally, I dont think that would be tampering.

Man, the Redskins are gonna have an all star team. At least this time the players are young...I think Arrington, Kearse and Udeze at left end would be a nice foundation for the defense(if Kearse healthy). God, I just hope they're smart with the contracts. I can dream can't I?

I agree with Fletch. This BLOWS IMO. I think Snyder likes getting ribbed by the media. The SB this guy is gonna get is gonna be rediculous. At some point, it's gotta stop.

If anyone watched the Ravens game, you'll see what exactly happend to Kearse. He wasn't even a gangster this year with Haynesworth and some other studs next to him. Fudge. I'm against it.

Originally posted by I.M. Fletch

Injury rittled and over rated...Kearse will eat up a bunch of money and we will be screwed cap wise in 2 to 3 years.

Fletch! You must be the life at all the parties!

Kearse is still fairly young, he's only turning 28 this year plus his foot surgery will be 2 seasons behind him now. He could turn it around this year and return to his old form. I think he's worth picking up since he's better than what we have now and is still a good DE.

Archived