Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back Herzog ! Lets Rally!!

carlsbadd

I am really steamed about Herzog getting canned. I would like a call to arms of all the Extremeskins hardcores to start complaining to WJFK. Call,write or send a fax to WJFK and show them your displeasure. I just sent a fax that said.

BRING BACK FRANK HERZOG!!!

I plan to continue faxing off and on and calling and writing letters.

If enough of us complain there's a chance right? Well maybe not but lets not give up,so easy. It's the offseason so if everyone took the time to call write a letter for fax it might help.

Call to Arms my Extremeskins brothers and sisters!

WJFK INFO106.7 WJFK FAQ

Where is 106.7 WJFK located?

10800 Main Street

Fairfax, VA 22030

To send a fax to the main office it is (703) 352-0111. The fax number for the sales department is (703) 385-0189.

The genius WJFK station manager who pulled this move is named Alan Leinwand. He is a boob.

This move is his attempt to boost his radio station by getting a JFK guy in the booth at the expense of the Redskins fans.

Larry Michael is less than ok. His knowledge of football is as shallow as his radio voice is deep.

This is the classic case of fixing something that ain't broke.

carlsbadd.....thanks for the link

This sucks, Frank was fantastic and was the one to keep Sonny and Sam in check. I haven't listened to the tv annoucers in 5 years. Nothing against Micheal tho, he's great before and after the games and all during the week, but come on.....this is Sonny, Sam and FRANK'S show!

Here is what I sent

--------------------------------------------------

I am a former resident of Washington, D.C. now residing in South Carolina. I have grown up with Redskins radio and commend you for your years of excellence in broadcasting the games almost as far as Charleston S.C. I took it upon myself to use short wave radio to pick up the games that are broadcast in North Carolina that originate from your station. Others can only dream of being so lucky that they could pick up their hoe teams game broadcast from a region as far away as I am.

Upon hearing the news that Frank Herzog would no longer be in the booth for the games this year, a sadness came over me. See, I can't even remember when he wasn't broadcasting games for the Redskins. In my humble opinion, I find him to be the best play by play announcer ever. "Touchdown Washington Redskins," and "Moving left to right across your radio dial" are phrases he coined that I will never forget.

While I have no information on why you would consider parting ways with his voice, I can tell you I will no longer be inclined to listen to your game day broadcasts. I would prefer to actually see the game through Direct TV, because I do not feel anyone else can paint the picture for me as well as Herzog did.

I urge you before it is too late to reconsider for the sake of the long standing fans that have come to wholly appreciate Mr. Herzog's broadcasts.

Thank You,

BG,

(Charleston, SC)

------------------------------

You know, the thought occured to me that if Sonny and Sam really wanted to, they could probably could have prevented this. If they threaten to walk out all together, fans would go apesh*t....

Just a thought

I called the station today and asked for Allen Lienwand. The receptionist asked who I was and I responded "An Angry Skins Fan" and she transfered me to a "Listener Response Box"...I vented but I doubt anyone listened. I still want to picket in front of the station....who's with me??? This act can't go unpunished.

I am sending an e-mail...I doubt I will get a response.

Archived