Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back Herzog ! Lets Rally!!

carlsbadd

JFK is crap. I can't get a good signal 10 miles from the stadium. I'd listen more if I could. How can a FM station not be hears with 50,000 + watts???

I wish that the games would go back to AM. Screw the FM DJ vibe, it's screwed the PA announcing at FedEx and the radio coverage as well.

This is sh*t. This thread should have 45 pages already, no offense to all who are posting and doing something about this............

You people who can actually go to the station need to for the sake of guys like me who are 600 miles away....................

I wrote in and told them that it was a huge mistake and unless they act quickly to fix this mistake their ratings are not only going down but it will be a bright day for all Redskin fans in a couple years when there is a new flagship station you can listen to with pride and pick up more than ten miles from the station.

You know, the ironic thing to me is, I've always thought it was Sam Huff who was the weakest of the three, not Herzog. But I'd be equally pissed if it was Huff they were muscling out. These guys are an institution to Redskins fans. To break them up while they're still able to perform admirably is just not right.

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here; BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!!!

WJFK SUCKS and their advertisers need to know it.

Send email to CaMORON Gray the operations director at clgray@wjfkfm.com

and to Julie FOOLman the general sales manager at jafollman@wjfkfm.com

Fax them from work, multiple times.

Main office fax: (703) 352-0111

Sales department fax: (703) 385-0189

Let them know it's going to hurt their ratings and their advertising revenue unless they bring back Frank.

Let your friends know and put your buying power where your heart is; boycott the station and boycott the advertisers. Unfortunately, its the only way to get their attention.

Originally posted by Tarhog

bump.

It likely won't do any good. But its sad to me the energy that went into trying to get Ramsey a 'tough guy' award, but this goes with barely a sniffle.

Hope everyone here gives them an earful.

The problem is alot of displaced fans have never heard Frank except for NFL highlight films. If WJFK doesn't wise up, HBO should hire him to do the voiceover for Redskins highlights on Inside the NFL. WTEM should scarf him up too. I have a question for the DC area fans. Does WTEM have the Westwood One version of the broadcast?

Originally posted by Neuroscoot

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here; BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!!!

WJFK SUCKS and their advertisers need to know it.

Send email to CaMORON Gray the operations director at clgray@wjfkfm.com

and to Julie FOOLman the general sales manager at jafollman@wjfkfm.com

Fax them from work, multiple times.

Main office fax: (703) 352-0111

Sales department fax: (703) 385-0189

Let them know it's going to hurt their ratings and their advertising revenue unless they bring back Frank.

Let your friends know and put your buying power where your heart is; boycott the station and boycott the advertisers. Unfortunately, its the only way to get their attention.

I sent 20 faxes from my home and they blocked my number. I can't wait to get to the office tomorrow. I have 2 fax lines there!

I am asking that you guys please,please at least send a fax. emails are to easy to just delete.

Originally posted by gridironmike

The problem is alot of displaced fans have never heard Frank except for NFL highlight films. If WJFK doesn't wise up, HBO should hire him to do the voiceover for Redskins highlights on Inside the NFL. WTEM should scarf him up too. I have a question for the DC area fans. Does WTEM have the Westwood One version of the broadcast?

That's not true the Redskins radio network reaches thousands of people. I am not sure about Wtem. I thing they run ESPN radio network. The Redskins network is all along the East coast. The Redskins is one of the only teams to have thier own network.

From the WJFK site:

Broad Network Exposure: 50-station, seven-state Radio Network that reaches another 800,000 listeners (Field Research), including complete coverage of the state of Virginia

Fot what it's worth, there is a petition here..

http://www.petitiononline.com/savefh/petition.html

It's my sister's idea. Back in '74, Frank Herzog took her and my younger brother to a pre-season game against the Steelers. It was her only time at RFK, but it made her a life long fan. (She even made it to SB XXVI.) That night, he drove them home, just as I was roaring home from a party. Not knowing who I was, he got between them and me, as if they were his own kids. Like him or not, Herzog is a good man and deserves better that what he got.

Originally posted by Kevin West

Fot what it's worth, there is a petition here..

http://www.petitiononline.com/savefh/petition.html

It's my sister's idea. Back in '74, Frank Herzog took her and my younger brother to a pre-season game against the Steelers. It was her only time at RFK, but it made her a life long fan. (She even made it to SB XXVI.) That night, he drove them home, just as I was roaring home from a party. Not knowing who I was, he got between them and me, as if they were his own kids. Like him or not, Herzog is a good man and deserves better that what he got.

Thanks Kevin. C'mon ladies, sign! It's pathetic to have 29 signatures on this thing. Like I said in another post, I'd hate to be in a foxhole with a lot of you.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

That's not true the Redskins radio network reaches thousands of people. I am not sure about Wtem. I thing they run ESPN radio network. The Redskins network is all along the East coast. The Redskins is one of the only teams to have thier own network.

From the WJFK site:

Broad Network Exposure: 50-station, seven-state Radio Network that reaches another 800,000 listeners (Field Research), including complete coverage of the state of Virginia

Carlsbadd, I didn't mean WTEM was farther reaching than WJFK and that they should hire him to do Redskins games. WTEM should hire him to do the pre and postgame shows. The fans love him and TEM would steal even more listeners from JFK. BTW, everyone that is a Redskins fan does not live in Virginia, therefore they have not had the luxury of hearing the broadcast. I know the network is in more than one state, but every Redskins fan does not live on the east coast. Look at the fan map on the home page.

Originally posted by gridironmike

Carlsbadd, I didn't mean WTEM was farther reaching than WJFK and that they should hire him to do Redskins games. WTEM should hire him to do the pre and postgame shows. The fans love him and TEM would steal even more listeners from JFK. BTW, everyone that is a Redskins fan does not live in Virginia, therefore they have not had the luxury of hearing the broadcast. I know the network is in more than one state, but every Redskins fan does not live on the east coast. Look at the fan map on the home page.

Sorry, I misunderstood your point. Good idea.

Archived