Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Officially Pissed Off!!!

bayougator

BG,

I don't know the specific thread/post that you're refering to, but it does not surprise me in the least that you read something here that disturbed you.

People come here to post for many reasons: some want to rationally present their viewpoint and go on to something else, some seek to engage in a good healthy debate, some want to create controversy for the sake of controversy, and a few are borderline sociopaths that really want to create chaos.

In time most of us learn the voices worth listening to and the voices that should be ignored or in the most extreme circumstances banned. The difficulty you face is that these are very personal matters to you-- after all it's your brother we're talking about.

Your integrity is not in question with anyone whose opinion is worth anything around here. You are clearly one of the most popular and beloved members of this forum. You have absolutely nothing to prove to anyone.

I think Art's advice is sound. Let the insults roll off your back and remember that for the most part they aren't directed at you --- AND IF THEY ARE I'M SURE YOU WILL FIND A LEGION OF MEMBERS READY TO TAKE UP ARMS AGAINST THE DEFENDING PARTY.

On a final note I would add that from time to time members (myself included) may have reason to criticise your brother for his on the field actions-- say for ex. he throws 4 interceptions in a losing effort (heaven forbid). This does not mean that we don't love Patrick or that we don't believe that Patrick is the future of this franchise, because we do.

It just means that we're fans and we sometimes let our passion get the better of us.

Just want to echo what previous posters have said Bayou, please dont allow a few to ruin what has become a great experience for the rest of us. Thanks again for taking the time to post, and I can imagine how difficult it has been for you to walk the line between informing us and not saying too much. Please relay our support to Pat. Thanks again.

Bayou,

I understand completely how you feel, but realize that the main core of extremeskin members not only believe you, many had your back against these idiots (many who just want to start arguments).

Hell most of us envy you, getting a Masters degree, having a nice family, being the brother of an NFL QB.

One of the biggest highlights of being on extremeskins, was sharing #11 with us one night for a chat (and him dishin' TomGiantsfan ;) ).

You have let many of go where we never would other wise, and sneak a peak behind what goes on in the life of a NFL player. Your posts have answered many questions and relieved many of our worries.

I for one am grateful for the time you share, not only about Patrick... but I enjoy your posts, (and our Roanoke bond)

Some people are jaded, others just jerks...... some need counseling :laugh:

most of those guys will disappear in a short time anyways.... the lifers are here and support you!

hang loose bud.

I guess we should have been searching the boards for peeps to smack down:security: Instead of trying to have a fun converstation about nothing at all :silly:

Seriously though, that's kinda why none of us felt like talking football alst night. There has been so many BS posts on here from people that just aren't informed. So since themods and owners have given us the opportunity to post for free, we got to put up with this crap. Doesn't mean you can't post and prove people wrong, like you just did. It's just going to get frustrating alot more often.

Wait till the season starts. Then we'll see a rediculous influz of posters, or worse yet when we start kicking a*s and EVERYONE is getting on here........

Originally posted by bayougator

Dustin - what are you talking about. Where is this article. I just got off the phone with him. (Did a PSA for our fundraiser for BBBS) I haven't heard anything about this.

I remember that in one of the articles also. Not sure which one. I'm sure somebody will find it for you though.

Originally posted by BCS: BearsCanSleep

It just means that we're fans and we sometimes let our passion get the better of us.

What is also hard for some of us is not only are you a fan but you are family of Pat's. I can understand if someone were to say something bad about my brother I would be upset as well.

What a lot of fans don't realize is yes we might yell at a player but we forget he is just like a person like all of us and he has a family as well. We never think that the player's family would read this.

I respect you very much for even posting on a message board, I don't know if I could do if it was my brother.

Bayou,

Please don't go. We love you and Pat. Don't listen to the idiots who question your motives or honesty.

On a completely different front: what do you think of Bobby Jindal?

BD

(Here is the Nunyo story I think they were referencing:)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34660-2004Feb11.html

Ramsey's "surprise" stemmed from discovering that the Redskins were after one of the NFL's most accomplished active quarterbacks. Friday, Gibbs told Ramsey that the Redskins had targeted a veteran quarterback without being specific. Ramsey assumed that the player would be his backup before finding out Saturday that the Redskins were after Brunell.

According to a Redskins source, Gibbs on Monday confirmed to Ramsey that Brunell might eventually start. When Ramsey found out, he told people close to him, including a few teammates, that he felt misled and upset.

Tuesday, Sexton had a phone conversation with owner Daniel Snyder to convey Ramsey's unhappiness, and gauge the organization's view on Ramsey.

Originally posted by bayougator

BCS - As I've said before. Pat has to handle his business on the field. And I am his biggest critic. I will tell him in a heartbeat if he sucks. Ask him. He'll tell you. If he does anything like that I'll start the thread calling for his head!!

what's his cell number? i'd like to ask him. :D

Somebody mentioned agents, and that reminds me - Bayougator or anybody else for that matter....today's Wash Post had the following comment concering Patrick Ramsey's status and his agent Jimmy Sexton: "Sexton has some leverage because he also represents three of the Redskins' highest-paid players."

Now call me naive, but it seems to me that an agent should have no moral right to leverage his power via other clients when dealing with the same team. Using Trotter's or Samuel's name when dealing with Ramsey (or vice-versa) just seems to be a violation of trust.

BG don't get down on us, man. You know the VAST majority of this board welcomes you and loves Patrick and wants him to be the Skins franchise QB. We wouldn't tell you that if we didn't feel it(let's say you were Gibran Hamdan's bro, we'd be saying hey cool, but none of what we say about Pat)

We also know that you are both good guys.

Honestly, I can understand even if Pat was bothered by the rumors. It's hard to ignore trade rumors and all the Brunell-guaranteed job rumors.

So many people were telling him when Gibbs was hired that he's going to be in heaven and that Gibbs is going to help get him to that next level of greatness and then he sees Gibbs going after a Brunell.

Even if he's confident in his abilities he wants a fair shot, especially after what Joe Theismann and others were telling him for several weeks.

Don't let a few morons scare you off this board. We'd much rather have you than them.

BG,

My two cents on this matter. As someone once said "Dont let the b@stards get you down"

One of the posters that was making comments about the validity of your relation to Patrick was just another Jets troll that hasn't come to grips with the fact that your brother beat his Jests on opening day.

No sweat BG. I for one appreciate your input and your posts. :D Specualtion and rumors are part of the scenery this time of year.

It's all good :thumbsup:

Dude, this is not cool. BayouGator is by definition the best poster on this board. See any of his threads, particularly this one:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46892&perpage=15&display=&highlight=bayougator&pagenumber=1

Perhaps it should be a ban-worthy offense to question his motives (if that's what was going on here)? Hey, freedom of speech is all well and good, but this is not a democracy.

BD

Archived