Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Foot tracks???

stratoman

There have been reports of Big foot in North western NJ but almost all of them were debunked as Black Bears. There have been a few reports of bigfoot in the pine barrens in NJ next to Fort Dix to the delaware river in the area between Trenton and Camden. The river at the time of the photo was solid ice straight across it. Levittown is between the two directly across the river.

I however believe the prints were either left by some kids or a homeless guy in dire need of a good podiatrist.

I read a long time ago.. Maybe a year?

That a guy recently passed away, and he was in fact the person behind the footprints where he would go out and make the tracks himself and so forth. I believe he lived in Alaska... I dont recall much of the story now, but when I read it at that time it confirmed to me that it was a hoax that just got carried away.

Wish I knew more or even had the link.. I just remember reading it :)

I just finished watching the latest episode of Mysterious Encounters on Outdoor Life Network.

They were the first show of they type to get Roger Gimlin to appear on it. For those that don't know, Gimlin was the guy with Roger Patterson when the famous bigfoot movie was filmed. Patterson died not too long ago. Patterson insisted to his death that the incident was not faked.

Gimlin has never profitted on the incident and still insists it was real.

The show did a great job of pointing out some things that the casual skeptic wouldn't know. Along with the film, there were about 20 or more footprint casts that were made at the site.

The show analyzed the casts and the movie.

The casts from the Patterson Gimlin film have also been analyzed on another history channel show and they were revealed to have the dermal ridges that a human or primate's footprint would have, however, they were in a different pattern to any existing species. The arch and ball of the foot were different from a humans as well, an anthropologist said that it was so that it could support the extreme weight.

The analysis of the film was the best part. They pointed out the differences in the walk of a human and the creature on film and also noticed a buldge on the thigh that was first thought to be a hernia, but another anthropologist said that it was a muscle flexing. The muscle was different but needed because of the weight of the creature and the way that it walks. The creature never locked it knees, it walked bent legged.

They concluded that there was nothing present to dismiss the films authenticity and indicated it was probably an unknown species.

In layman's terms... a person in a monkey suit can't walk like that, can't create foot prints like that (the dermal ridges, it would be like duplicating a finger print), and couldn't create fake muscles like that....

Until proven otherwise, I believe it's authentic. I personally think that there is so much land that is unspoiled that there could easily be bigfeet...LOL... Heck, planes crash in the pacific north west and are never found.

Originally posted by Tommy-the-Greek

Strato, I believe it is possible but, I do wonder why no hunters have bagged one though.

I've seen several accounts by hunters that said they would have shot one but when they saw the face, they hesitated because they were not sure if it was human or not.

Besides... when I have entered the woods with a gun in my hand, animals disappear... Deer are just like bigfoot to me... I've seen pictures of them, but I've never seen a real one when hunting...:rotflmao:

Originally posted by DSF

I read a long time ago.. Maybe a year?

That a guy recently passed away, and he was in fact the person behind the footprints where he would go out and make the tracks himself and so forth. I believe he lived in Alaska... I dont recall much of the story now, but when I read it at that time it confirmed to me that it was a hoax that just got carried away.

Wish I knew more or even had the link.. I just remember reading it :)

I totally believe that there are tons of hoaxes out there. No doubt about it at all.

But there is also credible evidence, like the footprints with dermal ridges, hair that has been identified as "unknown primate" etc...

• 4 years later...

That being said, most people won't believe until a body is brought back.

Looks like they've got one:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 12, 2008

BIGFOOT BODY FOUND

DNA evidence and photo evidence to be presented at a

PRESS CONFERENCE

to be held on

Date: Friday, August 15, 2008

Time: From 12Noon-1:00pm

Place: Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto (A Crown Plaza Resort) 4290 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, California 94306

Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. Menlo Park, California

Tom Biscardi, CEO

BIGFOOT BODY FOUND - EVIDENCE AND DNA DETAILS TO BE PRESENTED AT A PRESS CONFERENCE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 15th

FROM 12 N00N TO 1:00PM AT THE CABANA HOTEL-PALO ALTO IN PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA

A body that may very well be the body of the creature commonly known as “Bigfoot” has been found in the woods in northern Georgia.

DNA evidence and photo evidence of the creature will be presented in a press conference on Friday, August 15th from 12 Noon to 1:00pm at the Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto at 4290 El Camino Real in Palo Alto, California, 94306. The press conference will not be open to the public. It will only be open to credentialed members of the press.

Here are some of the vital statistics on the “Bigfoot” body:

*The creature is seven feet seven inches tall.

*It weighs over five hundred pounds.

*The creature looks like it is part human and part ape-like.

*It is male.

*It has reddish hair and blackish-grey eyes.

*It has two arms and two legs, and five fingers on each hand and five toes on each foot.

*The feet are flat and similar to human feet.

*Its footprint is sixteen and three-quarters inches long and five and three quarters inches wide at the heel.

*From the palm of the hand to the tip of the middle finger, its hands are eleven and three-quarters inches long and six and one-quarter inches wide.

*The creatures walk upright. (Several of them were sighted on the same day that the body was found.)

*The teeth are more human-like than ape-like.

*DNA tests are currently being done and the current DNA and photo evidence will be presented at the press conference on Friday, August 15th.

The creature was found by Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer (residents of Georgia) in the woods in northern Georgia. (The exact location is being kept secret to protect the creatures.) Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer will be flying in from Georgia to be at the press conference. Also present at the press conference will be Tom Biscardi, CEO of Searching for Bigfoot, Inc.

Whitton is a Clayton County, Georgia, police officer, who is currently on administrative leave after being wounded in the course of duty pursuing an alleged felon. Dyer is a former correctional officer. Whitton and Dyer are co-owners of bigfoottracker.com and Bigfoot Global LLC., a company that offers Bigfoot expeditions. Whitton and Dyer are working with Bigfoot hunter, Tom Biscardi, and Biscardi’s Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., to present and conduct the scientific study of the evidence and information on this body.

A few weeks ago, Whitton and Dyer announced the finding of the body on the “Squatch Detective” radio show, an internet based radio show hosted by Steve Kulls. While on that show, the commentator asked Rick Dyer “Would you allow one of our people to come down and verify the body?” Dyer replied, “The only person we would allow to come down and verify the body was ‘the real Bigfoot Hunter,’ Tom Biscardi.” The next day, the producer of the Squatch Detective show contacted Biscardi with pertinent information on how to contact Dyer and Whitton.

Extensive scientific studies will be done on the body by a team of scientists including a molecular biologist, an anthropologist, a paleontologist and other scientists over the next few months at an undisclosed location. The studies will be carefully documented and the findings will be released to the world, according to Biscardi.

Biscardi is known as “the real Bigfoot Hunter” because of his extensive investigations out in the field. He has been searching for Bigfoot since 1971 and over the past several years, he has been criss-crossing the United States and Canada tracking down the hottest leads on Bigfoot sightings. Videography on the studies will be done under the supervision of Scott Davis, an independent producer and owner of TV Biz Productions in Phoenix, Arizona. Currently, Tom Biscardi and his Searching for Bigfoot Team, in conjunction with Bigfoot Global LLC., are preparing to capture another of these creatures alive. That expedition will start very soon. The dates and the locations are being kept confidential.

The body that is currently being studied is being referred to as the “RICKMAT” creature, a name derived from the names of Rick Dyer and Matthew Whitton. [Cryptozoologist Loren Coleman recommends the term “Georgia Gorilla” be used to remove any taint of ego from the discovery, and so the general public, media, and science will have a comfortable moniker until a formal zoological name may be bestowed.]

Last year, a film that Biscardi produced about his investigations, called “Bigfoot Lives,” won first place in the Documentary category at the Pocono Mountains Film Festival. Biscardi also hosts a Bigfoot oriented internet radio show that can be heard on Wednesday nights from 7:00pm to 8:00pm PDT at www.bigfootliveradioshow.com. The show is heard in over thirty countries.

Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. has exclusive rights to all publishing rights, photo rights, television and film rights, production and distribution rights and other commercial opportunities related to the discovery and findings regarding this body and these creatures.

Interested parties may contact Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., in writing, at their mailing address, 1134 Crane St., Suite 216, Menlo Park, California 94025.

Looks like they've got one:

BIGFOOT BODY FOUND - EVIDENCE AND DNA DETAILS TO BE PRESENTED AT A PRESS CONFERENCE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 15th

FROM 12 N00N TO 1:00PM AT THE CABANA HOTEL-PALO ALTO IN PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA

I posted my thoughts on this in the other thread about the finding. I hope they have one but I hope they don't find another.

The better question would be is there anything that even remotly suggests it is real. :laugh: BTW. The answer is NO.

Come on people. It's the 21st century. We aren't cavemen gathering around a fire.

I would like to recomend that some of you read and apply the Scientific Method to your understanding of the world around you.

http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/phy_labs/AppendixE/AppendixE.html

Then, for further clarity, or where experimentation and testing is not posible I recomend applying Occam's Razor which in so many words says that if you have two theories which both explain the observed facts then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along. The point is, if you have to keep adding posibilitys via speculation to prove a theory, then the theory is most likely wrong.

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/OCCAMRAZ.html

The application of both methods will go far in finding the truth, be it the posibility of bigfoot or weeding through the gosip about your favorite football team. :D

Now this is the MadMike that I appreciate! :applause: :notworthy :cheers:

By the way, this quote from Om's long post was particularly compelling to me:

The story we're being asked to believe is that thousands of giant, hairy, mysterious creatures are constantly eluding capture and discovery and have for a century or more. At some point, a Bigfoot's luck must run out: one out of the thousands must wander onto a freeway and get killed by a car, or get shot by a hunter, or die of natural causes and be discovered by a hiker. Each passing week and month and year and decade that go by without definite proof of the existence of Bigfoot make its existence less and less likely.

People want to believe cool stuff like this. But desire and reality sometimes conflict.

Maybe Sasquatch are also Jedi, and their bodies disappear when they die...

:)

Maybe they bury their own. I've never seen a dead deer, raccoon, fox, bear etc. that had died of natural causes. I've never even seen a skeleton of one of those creatures. Carcasses get eaten, bones get taken to the dens of other animals, leaves cover them, etc. heck, even planes crash in the continental United States that are never found.

The point made about the instances where people had encounters while armed but wouldn't shoot because of the human-looking face of the creature is one I've heard before. There was a man in Texas who claimed to have shot two but wouldn't reveal where he buried them because he felt like he'd murdered human beings.

I'm not foolish enough to argue that they definitely exist but I'm also not foolish enough to dismiss them off-hand simply because I haven't seen one.

:)

Maybe they bury their own. I've never seen a dead deer, raccoon, fox, bear etc. that had died of natural causes. I've never even seen a skeleton of one of those creatures. Carcasses get eaten, bones get taken to the dens of other animals, leaves cover them, etc. heck, even planes crash in the continental United States that are never found.

The point made about the instances where people had encounters while armed but wouldn't shoot because of the human-looking face of the creature is one I've heard before. There was a man in Texas who claimed to have shot two but wouldn't reveal where he buried them because he felt like he'd murdered human beings.

I'm not foolish enough to argue that they definitely exist but I'm also not foolish enough to dismiss them off-hand simply because I haven't seen one.

History channel did a timelapse on a dead deer in Florida on their SkunkApe episode. In seven days the carcass was nearly gone from predators and maggots.

Maybe they bury their own. I've never seen a dead deer, raccoon, fox, bear etc. that had died of natural causes. I've never even seen a skeleton of one of those creatures. Carcasses get eaten, bones get taken to the dens of other animals, leaves cover them, etc.

Yet somehow, scientists and other ordinary people have found plenty of skeletons of all of those creatures without much difficulty. They have also found nests where those creatures live, and remnants of their food, and trails that they make through the forest, and feces, and fur... but not ol Bigfoot. He's a humanoid but he is so clever that he leaves absolutely no trace of his presence or passage from this earth, builds no dwellings, eats no food. The only thing he ever does is leave easily faked tracks in the snow and blurry photos proferred by amateurs with a vested interest in having people believe that he exists.

How amazing.

Sheesh. They have found tons of dinosaur bones even though the dinosaurs have been gone for 60 million years.

... but not ol Bigfoot. He's a humanoid but he is so clever that he leaves absolutely no trace of his presence or passage from this earth, builds no dwellings, eats no food. The only thing he ever does is leave easily faked tracks in the snow and blurry photos proferred by amateurs with a vested interest in having people believe that he exists.

How amazing.

Can you prove the tracks fake? Can you prove the photos/videos fake? Can you define "proferred?"

Archived