Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Foot tracks???

stratoman

Proof or Hoax? Bigfoot Said Found in Georgia

Benjamin Radford

LiveScience's Bad Science Columnist

livescience.com – Wed Aug 13, 3:36 pm ETTwo Georgia men claim to have found in the northern woods of that state something that has been often reported but never proven to exist: a Bigfoot.

They say they have a body, photos of the body, and DNA evidence - some or all of which will be revealed this Friday, Aug. 15, at a press conference in Palo Alto, Calif.

If the group does have a Bigfoot carcass (and if they actually show the body, instead merely displaying photographs of a supposed body), then perhaps scientists will take note. Still, it's not clear how, exactly, the group will prove that what they have is a Bigfoot. Because there is no comparison specimen, there is no DNA analysis that can definitively identify Bigfoot tissue.

Readers may recall the much-hyped press conference held on May 30, where a man claimed he would provide "definitive proof" of alien visitation. His "proof" turned out to be a short fuzzy video clip of what he said was an alien head outside his window trying to ogle his teen daughters. Needless to say, top scientists were not awestruck by his evidence.

History repeats?

This is not the first time a Bigfoot body has been claimed to have been found. A man named Tom Biscardi, founder of something called the Great American Bigfoot Research Organization, once claimed he had captured a Bigfoot. On Aug. 19, 2005, Biscardi appeared on the radio show "Coast to Coast with George Noory." Biscardi claimed his group had captured a Bigfoot a week earlier, a male beast that weighed over 400 pounds and stood 8-feet tall. He said he would be presenting photos of it several days later. It turned out to be a hoax.

Interestingly, Biscardi is also involved in the new Bigfoot body discovery.

Speaking on behalf of the Georgia men this week, Biscardi said, "Extensive scientific studies will be done on the body by a team of scientists including a molecular biologist, an anthropologist, a paleontologist and other scientists over the next few months at an undisclosed location" under armed guard.

If it all sounds very cloak-and-dagger, it is. Unnamed experts? Undisclosed location? Sounds more like "The X-Files" than real science.

Marketing scheme?

In 2005, Biscardi promoted a pay-per-view cable TV show in which he offered viewers the chance to see a Bigfoot captured on live television for only $59.95. That never happened, but Biscardi did recently direct and produce a film called "Bigfoot Lives."

Surely the publicity from this press conference might boost his film's sales...

Click on the link for the full article

More from the article...

"Bigfoot researcher Loren Coleman, while stopping short of authenticating the claims, wrote on the Web site Cryptomundo.com, "I feel, in all honesty, this, indeed, may be the real deal, and I say this carefully after reviewing information that has been shared privately with me."

So has a Bigfoot finally been found, after all these years? Or is this just the latest hoax to embarrass Bigfoot believers and bring further ridicule to a field sorely in need of science?

Apparently we will see."

Proof or Hoax? Bigfoot Said Found in Georgia

They say they have a body, photos of the body, and DNA evidence - some or all of which will be revealed this Friday, Aug. 15, at a press conference in Palo Alto, Calif.

Anyone find that sentence interesting? They have a body, photos of the body and DNA evidence of which SOME or all will be revealed. I got five bucks says they produce pictures and some DNA, but god knows where they got it.

I'll beleive it when an autopsy proves it. An Autopsy performed by profesionals of course.

Anyone find that sentence interesting? They have a body, photos of the body and DNA evidence of which SOME or all will be revealed. I got five bucks says they produce pictures and some DNA, but god knows where they got it.

This sounds like the most probable outcome but my fingers are crossed.

• 9 months later...

Siberians complain about Bigfoot’s appetite

The local Shor people in Kemerovo Region, Siberia, are reporting that something is snatching up the wild leek crop that is a staple of their diet, Itar-Tass Siberia reports. The onion-lovers leave behind abundant large footprints with clearly defined toes, similar to the prints found in the area earlier this year, the news service continues.

Bigfoot sightings are common in this remote section of the taiga and they have received attention worldwide. An expedition headed by director of the International Center for Hominology Igor Burtsev visited the area at the end of March to study footprints found in Azasskaya Cave, but the effort resulted in little new information.

• 6 months later...

Bigfoot in the northwoods? Camera picks up strange image near Remer

By Molly Miron

12/10/2009

Tim Kedrowski and his sons, Peter and Casey, are not pushovers for Bigfoot stories, but a frame on a game trail camera set up on their hunting land north of Remer has left them in a quandary.

"To us, it's very hard because we lean toward the skeptical type," Kedrowski said in a telephone interview from his Rice, Minn., home.

But after checking with neighbors and any other hunters who might have been walking through the dense woods at 7:20 p.m. on the rainy night of Oct. 24, he said they couldn't imagine what else the image could be. Tim said he considered ideas from a bear to a bow hunter in a fuzzy suit. But the arm and hand couldn't be a bear's, or its upright gait. And there is no evidence in the photo of a bow or flashlight a hunter might be using to track a wounded deer.

20091210_111253_bigfoot1211[1].jpg

Those legs look to straight to me to not be pants. As in the right and left edges seem to be parallel. What do y'all think?

I agree, and the hair looks synthetic to me. Probably somebody knew there was a motion sensor camera and wanted to play a practical joke.

Those legs look to straight to me to not be pants. As in the right and left edges seem to be parallel. What do y'all think?

Yeah I agree too. There are some pretty neat images and compelling stories about bigfoot sightings out there. Sadly this one is obviously a fake :(

• 1 month later...

'America's first Bigfoot investigator' finds new footprints

Sasquatch print: Not everyone agrees with Bothell-area man

One night 54 years ago, Cliff Crook says, he stared into the face of a Northwest boogeyman. He called it a “woods giant.” Today, it’s better known as Bigfoot.

“I had a real terrifying encounter,” said Crook, now 69. “It’s not something that goes away.”

He remembers the towering size, the ape-like face, the gurgling sound in the dark. He remembers the dog that charged into the bushes and then was tossed out and crashed onto the ground.

He remembers running away with three younger camping buddies. They arrived home a mile away, their bare feet bleeding. His friends’ parents weren’t too happy with him.

“They didn’t want them around me anymore,” Crook recalled last week.

The encounter fueled a lifelong obsession by Crook with the hairy ape-like creature. He calls himself “America’s first Bigfoot investigator.” Others call him a hoaxer and an attention grabber.

Crook appeared on the front page of The News Tribune in 1990 when some mushroom hunters found possible Bigfoot footprints near the Nisqually River. Crook found the prints credible.

He called The News Tribune recently to announce more Bigfoot footprint news, what he called the biggest find in 30 years.

• 8 months later...

Video at the link

N.C. Man Lures Bigfoot with Candy

ASHEBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — A man that once worked as a fraud investigator claims he has captured an image of North American folklore.

Mike Greene, a former chief of fraud investigation in New Jersey, claims he captured video of Bigfoot in the Uwharrie National Forest over a year ago.

"In the middle of the night, I was awakened by what I call, 'Darth Vader' breaths," said Greene. Greene said he was able to capture a thermal image of Sasquatch that night.

"The image is the first comprehensive thermal image of a Sasquatch… even though I admit that it's blurry," said Greene.

In the video, Greene claims you can see a big creature come out of the woods and grab a candy bar that was set up to attract the Sasquatch.

"It can't be anything else, I mean, it literally can't be anything else," said Greene.

Greene said many people have said the image is just a guy in a fat suit or gorilla suit, but he claims the thermal image proves it's something different.

Click on the link for the full article and the video

Looks like they've got one:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 12, 2008

BIGFOOT BODY FOUND

DNA evidence and photo evidence to be presented at a

PRESS CONFERENCE

to be held on

Date: Friday, August 15, 2008

Time: From 12Noon-1:00pm

Place: Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto (A Crown Plaza Resort) 4290 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, California 94306

I prayed this subject would never come up again on ES due to the pie in my face over the above quoted hoax. :)

However, I still believe.

Video at the link

N.C. Man Lures Bigfoot with Candy

ASHEBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — A man that once worked as a fraud investigator claims he has captured an image of North American folklore.

Mike Greene, a former chief of fraud investigation in New Jersey, claims he captured video of Bigfoot in the Uwharrie National Forest over a year ago.

"In the middle of the night, I was awakened by what I call, 'Darth Vader' breaths," said Greene. Greene said he was able to capture a thermal image of Sasquatch that night.

"The image is the first comprehensive thermal image of a Sasquatch… even though I admit that it's blurry," said Greene.

In the video, Greene claims you can see a big creature come out of the woods and grab a candy bar that was set up to attract the Sasquatch.

"It can't be anything else, I mean, it literally can't be anything else," said Greene.

Greene said many people have said the image is just a guy in a fat suit or gorilla suit, but he claims the thermal image proves it's something different.

Click on the link for the full article and the video

Interesting.

Archived