Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

Aiyuk is one of the best receivers in the NFL and he broke Jayden in at AZ St.  We have **** tons of money and no elite players to spend it on.  I think a trade for Aiyuk makes sense, but no way I'd give up next year's first.

Yeah I mean, I'd offer a 3rd.  Maaaaaybe a future 2nd.

But also I don't think you do that until well past pick 40 and maybe deciding what to do with the WRs in front of us.

Mitchell, McConkey, and Coleman all dudes I'd be happy with in the 36/40 range.  Coleman least happy but still happy.

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The problem with Aiyuk is the contract you're gonna be paying him.  Well that and the pick you give up.  Rumors were 49ers wanted a 1st which is just wayyyy too much.

(Disclaimer: if it didn’t cost one of our current 2nds, but more like a 3rd + future 3rd or something) 

We have a lot of cap space in the coming years and few players to pay it to until our incoming current rookies are ready to be paid. If it supercharges Daniels development and gets him his boy in the locker room it could be worth it. 

Miami trading for Tyreek to maximize Tua, Bills trading for Diggs to maximize Allen both come to mind.

Aiyuk is just entering his prime. I see the argument for it. 

Or maybe just taking McConkey is the move. Idk. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, method man said:

With how deep WR drafts have been since 2019 (except for last year), no one should pay a 1st for a receiver anymore unless it is one of the best 3-5 in the game

I think that mindset is part of why SF didn't get a 1st for him, and why ultimately when the trade likely happens for him or Deebo it's going to be less than people would've expected. 

If I can give two 3rds this year, so I don't lose any of next years draft, Id absolutely love it. Proven guy, connection with the QB, JD talks to him regularly still, and we have the space for the contact thanks to a rookie QB deal. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Aiyuk is one of the best receivers in the NFL and he broke Jayden in at AZ St.  We have **** tons of money and no elite players to spend it on.  I think a trade for Aiyuk makes sense, but no way I'd give up next year's first.

3rd and next year’s 2?

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

(Disclaimer: if it didn’t cost one of our current 2nds, but more like a 3rd + future 3rd or something) 

We have a lot of cap space in the coming years and few players to pay it to until our incoming current rookies are ready to be paid. If it supercharges Daniels development and gets him his boy in the locker room it could be worth it. 

Miami trading for Tyreek to maximize Tua, Bills trading for Diggs to maximize Allen both come to mind.

Aiyuk is just entering his prime. I see the argument for it. 

Or maybe just taking McConkey is the move. Idk. 

If it helps our investment in our second overall pick, it’s well worth it.  Daniels kept saying he wanted to feel invested in and this will do that for him. I think it’s the move to make.  

We don’t need a negative locker room situation that happened at ASU. If Aiyuk can talk sense into JD when necessary and calm the rest of team down, it will go a long way to prevent some unnecessary drama possibly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

3rd this 3rd next

This would be where I'd be comfortable.  We've got money for him (I'm always hesitant to spend a ton, but Aiyuk would be worth it).  Would allow us to hit OT and maybe like CB if we love Kool-Aid or Cooper and they're there for 36, while also swinging back for an impact player at one of our 3rds.  Maybe grab a TE.  Then grab a project with high upside tackle at 100.  Would basically make our draft something like: Jayden, Cooper, Kiran, Aiyuk, Sinnott, Puni through end of the 3rd.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Nice to see you man. @SoCalSkins too. Let's draft an LT, trade for Aiyuk and have fun. New era! Who knows... why not us?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, illone said:

Was roger on tilt tonight or what?

sounded like he choked down 3 oxys after every pick. 

Yep. Said the same. Ik he just had back surgery. Maybe he had a few oxy’s left over. Crushing them up and snorting them off the Green room toilet bowl in between picks?

Edited by NYSkins21

2 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Yep. Said the same. Ik he just had back surgery. Maybe he had a few oxy’s left over. Crushing them up and snorting them off the Green room toilet bowl in between picks?

I legit think Latham hurt him.  There was talk about if he'd give out his patented hugs or not and I was thinking "man, some big OT is gonna lift him up and seriously hurt him."  And there goes Latham lifting him up like a dad lifts up their little kid.

Okay biggest surprises of the night:

Penix at 8
Chop Robinson being a 14 pound baby

and 14 straight offensive players to start.

Quite the interesting night.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Thats the only way to fly! 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952yi5vv9vjbfb2hjsnop

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

It wont be us because we have a twig at qb with no instinct to not get hit and no protection in front.

Lots of people here are processing these worries and concerns maturely and thoughtfully. Many of us. 

Go to bed, maybe. Sleep on it. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

More likely about how many calories AP told him he has to consume per day.

Peters: "How many total yards you have last year?"

JD: "About 4900."

Peters: "That's how many calories you're to eat each day.  Here's donut, get chompin."

• Like 1

I would seriously think about giving up 36 for Kolton Miller tonight if the Raiders are open to it. He is a highly underrated LT in the league and is only 28. He can be your LT for the next 5+ years

I think the Raiders likely want to stockpile assets and they could move that pick for a 2nd next year and more this year or next year. With Minshew and O’Connell at QB, having Miller in place is less important for them

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2024/4/5/24115025/raiders-news-kolton-miller-left-tackle-2024

Edited by method man