Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE STATE OF THE FRANCHISE POLL 2024: PRE-DRAFT EDITION v.1.0

CITR'S GREAT 2024 STATE OF THE COMMANDERS POLL: PRE-DRAFT EDITION v1.0.24  

64 members have voted

1. 1. As of today I am generally satisfied with the direction of the Commanders franchise. V1.0.24

2. 2. I am generally satisfied with the job Josh Harris and our new ownership group have done so far.

3. 3. I am generally satisfied with the job Adam Peters has done so far.

4. 4. I am generally satisfied with the job Dan Quinn has done so far as out coach..

5. 5. I plan to watch or listen to the NFL draft live. either

6. 6. I spend a fair amount of time studying, reading and watching videos on the draft.

7. 7. For a non-professional I have a reasonably good knowledge base of general draft information.

8. 8. I am looking forward to the draft.

9. 9. Assuming Caleb Willians is gone, what would you most likely do with the second overall pick?

• Draft Jayden Daniels
    • Draft Drake Maye
    • Draft JJ McCarthy
    • Draft Michael Penix
    • Draft Joe Alt, or another OT
    • Draft Marvin Harrison Jr., or another WR
    • Draft a defensive player (name him in comments)
    • Trade down and accumulate picks for the future. Draft a lesser qb or the bpa with either pick 8, 11 or 16.
    • Something completely different (explain in comments)
  10. 10. What do you believe our greatest non-qb need is?

• Offensive Tackle
    • Offensive guards and/center
    • Edge rusher
    • Wide Receiver with size and speed
    • A two way stud TE
    • Cornerback
    • Safety
    • Something else (name in comments)
  11. 11. Assuming we drafted your qb, would you try to trade back into the first round?

• Yes, I would be willing trade both second rounders for a mid first and take a strong player.
    • Yes, I would be willing to trade one 2nd and one 3rd to move into the late first for a player.
    • No trades. I'm keeping all my picks intact for day two.
  12. 12. Would you trade one of our high second round picks in this year's draft for a 1st round pick from another team next year plus a pick later in this draft?

• Yes, that's how good organizations like the Eagles play the game.
    • Heck no! Give me my stud players right now. It's a great draft and the 2nd round is loaded with players.
  13. 13. If the absolute worst happens and the Commanders inexcusably mess up the draft by not selecting your favorite qb. Plus your qb goes to the team you hate most and becomes a pro bowler while the guy we drafted has a tough learning experience type of year, but shows promise. What would you do?

• Call for a clean sweep of Commanders Park including the immediate terminations of all decision makers DQ, AO, their staffs, etc and even Harris is side eyed for possible discipline. Magic is prohibited from smiling until the qb starts performing as well.
    • Call for the ouster of DQ his staff and the scouts but Peters gets to stay for now.
    • Call for the ouster of Adam Peters and his staff only. DQ gets one last chance to get the new qb playing better or he's on the bus out too.
    • Turn off the TV. Pack up your bags. Burn your Commanders pajamas and slippers. Then slowly walk the streets aimlessly on a journey that never ends occasionally muttering to random passersby..."There's a curse on 'em...there is...a curse I say". Then you offer your tin cup smile with your last tooth and listen for the ringing of coin.
    • Think to yourself that there are no guarantees despite the best efforts of good people. Sometimes things come the hard way. Stand strong stay in the fight and keep charging forward. Your team spirit and support never ends no matter how bad things get!
    • Continue to support the team, but forget nothing. Evaluate them fairly, but not overly compassionate. Be analytical and rational and if one day the time comes be brutal and firm with your decisions..
    • Something else, explain in comments.
  14. 14. Which one of these statements best expresses your honest opinion

• Drake Maye is my first choice for qb. If we draft Hayden Daniels that would be fine with me.
    • Jayden Daniels is my first choice for qb. If we draft Jake Maye that would be fine with me.
    • Drake Maye is my first choice for qb. If we draft Jayden Daniels that would be an inexcusable mistake and I would question the competence of our decision makers.
    • Jayden Daniels is my first choice for qb. If we drafted Drake Maye that would be an inexcusable mistake and I would question the competence of our decision makers.
  15. 15. If we select Drake Maye as our qb, how many games will we win next year?

• 0 win less season, back to the top of the draft.
    • 1-3
    • 4-5
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-14
    • 15-16
    • 17 games undefeated season!
  16. 16. If we select Jayden Daniels as our qb, how many games will we win next year?

• 0 winless season, back to the top of the draft.
    • 1-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8-9
    • 10-11
    • 11-12
    • 13-14
    • 15-16
    • 17 undefeated season!
  17. 17. If you opened an ancient bottle of the magical brew known as Colt .45 and a genie came out of it who could grant you one wish and one wish only from the list below, what would you ask for?

• That you are instantly transformed into the new owner of the Commanders, but every decision you make flops and the team keeps on losing until you are forced to sell it. Wait a minute someone else already took that deal! OK you just get honey poured over your body while staked to an anthill naked in the desert if you go with this.
    • That you are instantly transformed into your choice of Daniels, Maye, JJ or Penix but whoever you choose can never play for the Commanders.
    • That you are instantly transformed into DQ the Commanders head coachh.All coaching decisions are yours to make.
    • That you are instantly transformed into whichever qb in the draft the Commanders select. (That means you could be Daniels, Maye, JJ or even Penix) You won't know until it happens.
  18. 18. Last Question: Which of these eclectic movies interests you most, if any?

• Blade Runner/Blade Runner 2049
    • Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
    • Interstellar
    • The Natural
    • Sunshine
    • Rocky
    • Miracle
    • Akira
    • The Shining
    • Creed
    • Arrival
    • Rudy
    • Chinatown
    • The Truman Show
    • Inception

This is an attempt to take a basic snapshot of what the forum generally thinks right now-- early in the first true year of the Harris regime, and aprx 2 weeks before the draft. I also tried to lighten it up a bit in spots, so read everything carefully.

If this proves useful I'd like to do followups at specific points later in the season, like pist-draft, before training camp, at start of season, midway point, before playoffs etc.

XXXX

Disclaimer:

This is my first go at trying my own poll post.

So like anything else you fix things up, you buy all the booze and the food, you tell your friends there's a party and you hope at least somebody shows up.

After that it's out of your hands.

Oh, abd I finished with a bit of folly about a few movies that randomly popped in my head. Forgive the indulgence.

All suggestions, comments, criticisms definitely welcome. No offense taken by anything said.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I see so many errors and goofs. I'm not sure how to edit it properly. Have to go to the gym now ir I won'tgobtoday and that can'tbe an ption. Hate to leave a mess but will try to fix when I get back.

My bad. Never to old to learn something new.😕 

Posted (edited)

Had a rough day. One of those where nothing went right. Everybody misunderstood you abd you didn't understand them.

Really feeling off and disconnected today. Need a good sleep or a large bottle. Maybe one will lead to the other lol.

Anyways the hilight of my day is that so many of you responded to my messed up poll. Thanks, it means something.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is an attempt to take a basic snapshot of what the forum generally thinks right now-- early in the first true year of the Harris regime, and aprx 2 weeks before the draft. I also tried to lighten it up a bit in spots, so read everything carefully.

If this proves useful I'd like to do followups at specific points later in the season, like pist-draft, before training camp, at start of season, midway point, before playoffs etc.

XXXX

Disclaimer:

This is my first go at trying my own poll post.

So like anything else you fix things up, you buy all the booze and the food, you tell your friends there's a party and you hope at least somebody shows up.

After that it's out of your hands.

Oh, abd I finished with a bit of folly about a few movies that randomly popped in my head. Forgive the indulgence.

All suggestions, comments, criticisms definitely welcome. No offense taken by anything said.

Well done CITR. I really enjoyed the poll. You need to add some classic badass movies like Conan The Barbarian, Heavy Metal 1981, Jaws and Star Wars. Also, add another option for us over-the-hill-gang that don't feel like coaching or QBing, but also certainly don't like ants. Like an evening in a hot-tub with any actor or actress, dead or alive, of the person's choice. For me it would be Elizabeth Montgomery. Michelle Pfeiffer would be a close second.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Heck Brother, we ain't even had the draft yet and half of the posters are already Pist

• Haha 2

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

"You need to add some classic badass movies like Conan The Barbarian, Heavy Metal 1981, Jaws and Star Wars.. "

You just named 4 great movies. One of my favorite all time bad ass scenes written by John Millius who also directed CTB is the famous "What is best in life?" 

Now you're talkin! 🔥

• Thumb up 1

I was a freshmen in high-school when that movie came out. Same with Conan. Both movies left an indelible mark on me. Same with Star Wars. Princess Leia was so bad-ass.

As for your edit, Now that I completed the survey, I can only see the unedited version. Unless someone could tell this poor sap what I am doing wrong?

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The edited portion is quoted above. 

LOL, That's a hoot. Thanks for the heads-up. I was looking for an edit to the OP. 

• Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

I wish you could edit questions, but I see the logic of why that's not allowed. (It would be unfair to everyone that answered before the poll was changed.)

All the more reason to get it right the first time.

My bad.

I should have had JJ and Penix in question 14.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention @illone👍 

EDIT:

As an alternative anyone who would have chosen either Penix or McCarthy for question 14 is welcome to say that in the comments.

Just copy and paste whichever of the following two answers listed below is appropriate, and fill in the name of your preferred qb inside the parentheses.

14. (            ) is my first choice for qb. If we draft someone else that would be fine with me.

14. (             ) is my first choice for qb. If we draft someone else that would be an inexcusable mistake and I would question the competence of our decision makers.

13 hours ago, mudhog said:

Well done CITR. I really enjoyed the poll. You need to add some classic badass movies like Conan The Barbarian, Heavy Metal 1981, Jaws and Star Wars. Also, add another option for us over-the-hill-gang that don't feel like coaching or QBing, but also certainly don't like ants. Like an evening in a hot-tub with any actor or actress, dead or alive, of the person's choice. For me it would be Elizabeth Montgomery. Michelle Pfeiffer would be a close second.

Jaws favorite movie of all time

• Thumb up 2

21 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

CITR, this is a great poll and the results of the first few questions really shows the underlying attitude of the ES fanbase towards the FO.

Don’t worry about the typos.

Personally, I’d like to see one of these at the end of September (where I was saying almost every year, “Just wait until next season!” because we were already out of playoff contention by then, thanks to our wonderful front office and our equally wonderful team that was always just one player away from mediocrity).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 10:06 AM, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Agreed, one of these halfway through the season might be very different answers lol. Hopefully not though

Great idea, I'll make it happen!

I'm cutrently thinking of doing additional polls at the following times:

1. post draft

2. before training camp

3. before final cuts (including questions about who members think we should keep, cut, trade, or put on the practice squad).

4. before the first game

5. at the midway point of the season and/or during the bye week

6. before the playoffs

7. After season concludes

If anyone has any suggestions or thinks that's too many polls let me know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Great thread......only issue is questions 15 and 16 have different win to loss ratio. Trickery?

I wish it was intentional, but it was one of many careless errors I made when I originally made the poll.

On question 15 one choice is 4-5 wins and the next choice is 5-6 wins, when it should have been 6-7 wins.

Unfortunately, I only realized the error after I published the poll, and you can't edit a poll like you can a post.

I'll try me best to be more careful when I publish the post-draft poll.

Thanks, and to everyone please let me know if you have any suggestions or notice any errors.

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I wish it was intentional, but it was one of many careless errors I made when I originally made the poll.

On question 15 one choice is 4-5 wins and the next choice is 5-6 wins, when it should have been 6-7 wins.

Unfortunately, I only realized the error after I published the poll, and you can't edit a poll like you can a post.

I'll try me best to be more careful when I publish the post-draft poll.

Thanks, and to everyone please let me know if you have any suggestions or notice any errors.

My bad man...was not my intention to point out a flaw. Just thought it was you leaning Daniels...lol.. Great thread and one of the most thought approaches I have ever seen.

• Thumb up 1

for poll 2.0 you need to add a none of the above options for questions 17 and 18.  I had it filled out but there's no answer that even slightly interests me on either of them.

I suppose you could force an answer but the phrasing of question 18 where you do say "if any?" suggests you considered that possibilty

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, MrJL said:

for poll 2.0 you need to add a none of the above options for questions 17 and 18.  I had it filled out but there's no answer that even slightly interests me on either of them.

I suppose you could force an answer but the phrasing of question 18 where you do say "if any?" suggests you considered that possibilty

Absolutely!

Great idea, will definitely add a "none of the above option".

I'm a huge movie buff and I think for every poll the last question will be about different movies.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

My bad man...was not my intention to point out a flaw. Just thought it was you leaning Daniels...lol.. Great thread and one of the most thought approaches I have ever seen.

No, I'm glad you mentioned it and I was able to clear up what actually happened. I wouldn't want you doubting my motives.

I value personal integrity much more than being right on an issue. I'd never intentionally try to manipulate an outcome for my personal benefit. That would be a hollow, soulless, victory.

And frankly I'm much more interested in finding out what the forum thinks and how that varies over time than being proven right.

Thanks for participating and thanks even more for asking great questions. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 12:50 PM, MassSkinsFan said:

Great poll CITR - thank you!!!

One minor quibble: the list of movies does not include the all-time classic (and my favorite) Killer Klowns from Outer Space. 

Killer Klowns from Outer Space - Popcorn Frights

Patience is a virtue. 😜

Stay tuned.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2024 at 7:23 PM, CommanderInTheRye said:

Really feeling off and disconnected today. Need a good sleep or a large bottle. Maybe one will lead to the other lol.

It sounds like you need a Colt 45.

• Haha 1