Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Honestly curious why drafting Daniels would suddenly make Thomas better??????

He is a down field sideline type WR that would work better with a QB like Daniels. Maybe pass his prime and injuries lately, getting old but may still have a little left at a reasonable price. 2/3 years ago he was up there with the best.

3 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

He is a down field sideline type WR that would work better with a QB like Daniels. Maybe pass his prime and injuries lately, getting old but may still have a little left at a reasonable price. 2/3 years ago he was up there with the best.

I disagree. Thomas is a middle of the field slant and RAC guy. Which Daniels has shown very limited ability of being able to throw. I like both guys for the things they do well (Maye, Daniels). But if I was to pick one of them to pair with Thomas it would be Maye. If I have Daniels I want a big bodied beast in the slot to block for when he inevitably takes off. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It’s only a matter of time until interior lineman are making QB money, and then the QB themselves will be at 75M+ /year. 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

There are definitely Denver connections as Peters was a part and probably a big part of why Simmons was drafted a Bronco.  Peters left for the Denver Broncos upon Patriots assistant Josh McDaniels being named Broncos head coach in 2009, working as a regional and national scout prior to being promoted to assistant director of college scouting in July 2014. He was further promoted to director of college scouting in 2016, with Denver appearing in Super Bowl XLVIII and winning Super Bowl 50 during his tenure with the team

Only thing is Simmons play is still superb and he may want more than we are willing to pay.  We shall see. 

Simmons coming here would be good. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching Ron Rivera right now on ESPN explaining how teams should approach FA. 

Next I am waiting to see Bruce Allen on air explain negotiation 101 with a clinic on what he did with Kirk and Trent

giphy.gif

Im sorry.  I’ve restrained myself for a full 24 hours.

You DO listen to Jay Gruden and try to convince me he has a valid opinion on anything.

So why does Jay get an image reclamation project and Ron is looked at as a clown?

Both of them are clowns and neither one of them is worth listening to.  

And I don’t care that McLoughan, who’s also not in the league, said Jay was good at evaluating players.  He was a bad coach, and a bad play caller. He wasn’t entirely blameless, and failed only because of Bruce and Dan.  He failed plenty on his own.

Ron goes up and we laugh at him.  Jay gets a weekly segment on Sheehan and other places, and we’re like, “yeah, you’ve got a point.”

Jay might be more likable.  But he’s no more qualified. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Exact opposite of what Michael Thomas is, I think your premise is just confused. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Good. The league makes billions. 

The collective bargaining agreement is basically in place to make sure players get roughly half the revenue. 

Which means as the league revenue goes up, and if the roster size stays the same, the player salaries will go up as well.

Rising tide floats all boats.  

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Im sorry.  I’ve restrained myself for a full 2 days.  

You DO listen to Jay Gruden and try to convince me he has a valid opinion on anything.

So why does Jay get an image reclamation project and Ron is looked at as a clown?

Both of them are clowns and neither one of them is worth listening to.  

And I don’t care that McLoughan, who’s also not in the league, said Jay was good at evaluating players.  He was a bad coach, and a bad play caller. He wasn’t entirely blameless, and failed only because of Bruce and Dan.  He failed plenty on his own.

Ron goes up and we laugh at him.  Jay gets a weekly segment on Sheehan and other places, and we’re like, “yeah, you’ve got a point.”

Apples to oranges. Jay was never in a position to select players like Ron was. Jay has a reputation for being very good at player evaluations, and it doesn’t just come from McClouhan. Ron, on the other hand, is coming off authoring one of the worst draft/off-season performances by a GM we’ve ever seen. If you want to talk coaching, sure they’re both mediocre at best. But for evaluating talent, give me Jay all day long over Ron.

• Like 2

Just now, woodpecker said:

Apples to oranges. Jay was never in a position to select players like Ron was. Jay has a reputation for being very good at player evaluations, and it doesn’t just come from McClouhan. Ron, on the other hand, is coming off authoring one of the worst draft/off-season performances by a GM we’ve ever seen. If you want to talk coaching, sure they’re both mediocre at best. But for evaluating talent, give me Jay all day long over Ron.

Jay has broken down film all year.  And had opinions on how Howell was playing.

They were lifted up as “expert opinions.”

He’s been asked for his coaching expertise, which isn’t worth anything, and Ron has been asked for whatever he’s been asked for, and it isn’t with anything either.

The fact anybody could qualify either of them as experts on anything in this market is absolutely bananas.  It’s like the Detroit market letting Matt Millen on the air waves to comment on the Lions.  Would never happen.  

2 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Eh, I wouldn't say very good. Maybe just good. He had some good finds (with the help of his staff, which is what you should do), but also some bad calls. Like him banging on the table to draft a player in the 3rd/4th round, getting overruled and then landing him in the 7th...only for him to be out of the league soon.

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just being honest I am not sure the laughter over Jay is any less than Ron. They are both clowns. Jay is a likeable clown from Ringling Brothers and Ron is John Wayne Gacy. 

• Like 1

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 Free Agency & Trades Thread - OUT: Logan Thomas, Leno IN: Ertz
41 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Busy few days but diving back in this evening!

You start this thread, it becomes your job and your first priority.  

Do not let this happen again.  The rest of us are missing seeing “Ertz” in the thread title and won’t be satisfied until it’s done.

And don’t you forget it! (Fist shaking)

:P 

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Busy few days but diving back in this evening!

I flew off island and had my retina reattached and got it done. Big responsibility. 

Seriously though, I stopped doing anything other than posting here for years, because every time I did something like the babe draft or an  important thread, some life **** would get ****ed up and I figured it was the ES curse.

Turns out it's just y ****ed up life  :ols:

• Haha 6