Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Burger chain Wendy’s looking to test surge pricing at restaurants as early as next year

Cooked Crack

23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm making my own Double R Bar Burger at home today. No Roy Rogers near me, dang it. It's not quite time for a fresh strawberry shortcake sundae. 

The restaurants around here are not very good. So I'm making my own favorite dishes. Besides, it's cheaper. 

I need to run errands near Leesburg VA today which has not one but two Roy Rogers. Will almost certainly stop by for some cod and fries. 

Yes I could make that at home but frying fish is a pain in the ass. plus where does the grease go? 

• Haha 1

Just use the Wendy's app. All sorts of daily deals and free stuff in it. Same goes for McD's app.

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Yes I could make that at home but frying fish is a pain in the ass. plus where does the grease go? 

Sigh. Save a glass jar with lid from tomato sauce or salsa or whatever.  Then pour old leftover cooking oil/grease into it. Then trash it when it gets full. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Meanwhile across town, your local FAMILY-OWNED Mazda dealer is slinging Miatas (the greatest car ever made) 

You just lost all cred....I bet you liked Metallica Load and Re-Load albums too....

Please return your Metalhead and Man card.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

As someone who cannot cook and heavily relies on fast food this is a bad idea

Dude, if you can't cook a hamburger what the hell is going on over there?

45 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Wendy’s turning y’all inside-out with surge pricing on trash food while they paying their workers $7/hr.

Meanwhile across town, your local FAMILY-OWNED Mazda dealer is slinging Miatas (the greatest car ever made) for $500 over invoice and putting about 25 kids through college cause we pay our folks solid middle/upper class wages.

And yall mad at the Mazda dealer.  Make it make sense, normies.

Just drove past the Mazda dealership, saw TTB out there slingin.

il_1588xN.4039964525_4vvh.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Xameil said:

You just lost all cred....I bet you liked Metallica Load and Re-Load albums too....

Load is a fantastic Rock album.

ReLoad is mostly sloppy b-sides.

St Anger is bold, brave and too heavy for most poseurs.  But, I love it.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Like 1

Roy Rodgers' in Leesburg eh?

Buddy of mine usta work at the one by Safeway way back in the high school days. Order a Roast Beef sandwich and he'd pile on like two pounds of meat. 

Ended up at the other one there by Plaza Street the only time I've done ketamine. I ordered a soda and layed down in one of booths for a bit. 🤩

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Xameil said:

This is a bit unfair.  Load is solid.  There's some good tracks on Re-Load.  I took my favs from each and made a playlist last summer that's been in steady rotation.  

22 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Roy Rodgers' in Leesburg eh?

Buddy of mine usta work at the one by Safeway way back in the high school days. Order a Roast Beef sandwich and he'd pile on like two pounds of meat. 

Ended up at the other one there by Plaza Street the only time I've done ketamine. I ordered a soda and layed down in one of booths for a bit. 🤩

I can honestly tell you all Roy Rogers is the best Fast Food right now

We have had an explosion of fast food chicken places here in AShburn even a BoJangles and Raising Canes!

Bo is pretty good, Popeyes is good and Roy Rogers is good

that's it

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Load is a fantastic Rock album.

ReLoad is mostly sloppy b-sides.

St Anger is bold, brave and too heavy for most poseurs.  But, I love it.

Where's my vomit emoji.

You had a chance to redeem yourself, yet you not only double downed...you went all in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Seriously?  There are things we don't need to know. 

Everything after Justice sucks. 

That's what real metalheads DO know. 

That's a simp take, Death Magnetic is an awesome album.  Saying "everything after Justice sucks" has been said so many times and is such an unoriginal thought, the echo has been going on since '92 and you're on the tail end of it.

That's a band that's not afraid to take chances and do whatever they want to do.  Respect will be paid.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Wendy’s turning y’all inside-out with surge pricing on trash food while they paying their workers $7/hr.

Meanwhile across town, your local FAMILY-OWNED Mazda dealer is slinging Miatas (the greatest car ever made) for $500 over invoice and putting about 25 kids through college cause we pay our folks solid middle/upper class wages.

And yall mad at the Mazda dealer.  Make it make sense, normies.

the only thing better than surge pricing would be the privilege to bargain the price... just to discover at checkout that your burger has unwanted dealership-special $17 undercoated-mushrooms, and the fries price you negotiated over the last 17 hours was per-fry.   

Lets see if we can get the manager over to allow the cashier to knock the burger's and fries price down from $287 to $286.97

• Haha 2

seriously, though.... didn't Wendy's say they were investigating LOWERING the price during non-surge hours, rather than the other way around?   

its probably a lie, after all the negative backlash.  and it would amount to the same thing anyway.  they would raise prices to a high "standard" price that they would charge during prime-times, and then lower the price back to where it is now in the middle of the night.     (like the $300 "standard rate" you used to see posted on the inside of the door of LaQuienta, Super-8 and other luxury hotel brands...  )   

7 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

the only thing better than surge pricing would be the privilege to bargain the price... just to discover at checkout that your burger has unwanted dealership-special $17 undercoated-mushrooms, and the fries price you negotiated over the last 17 hours was per-fry.   

Lets see if we can get the manager over to allow the cashier to knock the burger's and fries price down from $287 to $286.97

Bro, just tell em that you’re an “economist” and I’m sure they’ll not only meet your price demands but prolly throw in a foot massage and some rose petals for your walk back to the Minivan.

• Haha 1