Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Mike Sellers needs our help

spjunkies

Terrible news. I wish him the best. A Redskins great, no doubt.

I fondly remember a good amount of fun games with Sellers as FB and Stephen Davis barreling down opposing defenses.

That rushing attack was superb. Also, Sellers was a very good pass-catcher.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's sad that his health has declined.  But he made a lot of money playing football.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/mike-sellers-2840/

He made 8+ million in his career.  And he made more than a lot of other people suffering over the years.  If he blew away his savings, thats his fault. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I donated, now have to ask, why we helping pay for this and not the NFL?

So many people are suffering and an ex-football player that made over 8 million in his career is asking for money?  You only donated cause he is famous.  What about that kid that's homeless that needs some type of help.  But yeah, give it to a millionare that blew away there money.  

Edited by HeHateMe75
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 2

3 hours ago, HeHateMe75 said:

So many people are suffering and an ex-football player that made over 8 million in his career is asking for money?  You only donated cause he is famous.  What about that kid that's homeless that needs some type of help.  But yeah, give it to a millionare that blew away there money.  

Why would that matter? People who need help, need help. We’ve all made mistakes. Nothing I’ve read about Mike says he’s a bad person undeserving of consideration.

situations like these are easy. Help if you can and are so inclined, otherwise just move along. No need to kick a guy when he’s at his lowest point. Especially not here on a forum where we celebrate this team and these players. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, HeHateMe75 said:

I've seen whole families on the corner by costco since covid...people help them, I have as well, it's Tailgate what larger entity should be stepping in on that one.

Sellers is a former employee of a multi-billion dollar franchise, part of a larger entity with a reputation for its former players getting beat up and the NFL trying to get out of helping them when they get older despite having plenty money to do so.

Players fought hard for NFL to do more for former players. Your comment disturbs me.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

$8M after agents and taxes and everything else that comes with playing pro football, there’s a lot worse stories of dudes that have blown a lot more than that.  Besides the fact that you really have no idea what his life, health issues and everything else has been like.  Pretty callous to choose this as a platform to play the “sorry for your bad decisions” card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 2/23/2024 at 11:52 PM, HeHateMe75 said:

You have no idea how any of us here donate our time and money. Maybe step down from your soapbox. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1