Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Season Prediction Thread - So How Many Games Will We Win?

zCommander

Predict The Season  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Be Our Season Record?

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If we can score more points than most of the other teams we play, we should win a lot of games.

Yeah, I agree that was a Cpt. Obvious quote, lol. But just by looking at last year's team stats of the regular season, we just need roughly 11 more points per game, and appx. 100 more yards per game to match the Chief's offensive production. So, in a vacuum, 11 more points per game and the defense getting no worse, we should win the SB. One can dream I guess.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Yeah, I agree that was a Cpt. Obvious quote, lol. But just by looking at last year's team stats of the regular season, we just need roughly 11 more points per game, and appx. 100 more yards per game to match the Chief's offensive production. So, in a vacuum, 11 more points per game and the defense getting no worse, we should win the SB. One can dream I guess.

Averaging 5 more points and our TO ratio going from -5 to 0 would have us amongst the contenders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Averaging 5 more points and our TO ratio going from -5 to 0 would have us amongst the contenders.

5 points is quite a jump.  Doable, but a jump.

I think the only way an average of 5 more ppg happens is if the offense is appreciably better but also the defense creates a bunch of short fields, either with quick stops or takeaways.  If the offense has to drive 75 yards every time to score, it's going to be really tough to average 5 more points per game.

I can't find a free site that shows me average starting field position by team, but I am going to guess ours was somewhere in Delaware last year.  

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Final 23 Prediction

My final prediction is the same as initial prediction: 8-9.

I still predict Ron will be fired in season. If my initial prediction of a 1-4 comes true, Ron will be fired after Bears game. Otherwise, Ron will be fired after Dolphins game- an ending just like Carolina with 4 games to go.

Who will be interim coach? Whichever until didn’t lead to Ron’s firing. If offense is responsible, then Jack will be interim coach. If the defense is responsible, then Eric will be  interim coach.

Sam will have an up and down year and maybe even be briefly benched but he Will perform well enough, to go into 24 as the starter.  So, no trading up for a qb. The new coach will want to have his own qb to compete for the job. So, I expect a qb will be drafted somewhere between rounds 2 to 5.  If Sam beats out the rookie, he will be set if he has a good 24.

I agree with the 8-9 record, since that was my earlier prediction, but I disagree on Ron getting fired in season.  We’d have to start off 1-6 or 0-7 for that to possibly happen, but why fire Rivera in the midst of a terrible season?  Just have him finish out the year, and then fire him if the team doesn’t make the playoffs/and or finishes under 500.  

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll put this here because it’s as good as place as any: while you can’t react entirely to week 1, which has shown to be an awful predictor of the future, a few things stood out:

1. Rodgers might be done for the season.

2. The Bills might not be a SB contender. At least they didn’t play close to it on Monday night.

3. The Eagles looked good but not great.  
4. The Giants looked horrendous. 
5. The Cowboys looked like clear SB favorites. 
6. The Seahawks didn’t look great.

7. The Rams looked very good.  

After week 1, the vaunted harder schedule looks like maybe it’s not quite as hard as it was made out to be.  It still might be.  We’ll see.  The Rams looked better than expected snd the Seahawks looked worse.  

If our offense can stop making mistakes, we’re a middle of the pack team that can trend up.  If they can’t, we’re a middle of the pack team which will trend down.  

Our combined schedule went 9-7. 4 of those wins are Cowboys and Eagles twice. 

So above .500. But not by much.  

So we shall see. Is the schedule as hard as it was ranked before the season or not?  Time will tell.  So far, not.  But it’s very (very very very) early. 

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I know TV networks who have Jets on a schedule, shed tears tonight.

Yep, they have 5 prime time games and a Black Friday game. They have the chiefs on Sunday night football in a couple of weeks. The first SNF for them since 2011.

I’m sure everyone is upset except the teams playing the Jets. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

VoR, you weren't alone.  As you see, over 50% of the ES'ers who responded to the poll felt Washington would have a winning record (9-8 or better).  I'd thought we'd be right around .500 either one game over or one game under.  I never thought the season would bring 13 losses.

• Like 1