Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: N.Y.P.D. Has Evidence to Arrest Woman Who Said Jonathan Majors Hit Her

Cooked Crack

The New York Police Department has determined that a woman who accused the actor Jonathan Majors of assault attacked Mr. Majors herself and believe that there is enough evidence to support her arrest, according to three people with knowledge of the matter. 

Mr. Majors, who starred in “Creed III” and was to appear in several Marvel movies, was arrested in March after the woman, Grace Jabbari, told the police that he had assaulted her during a taxi ride to his home in Manhattan. Ms. Jabbari, who had been in a relationship with Mr. Majors for several years, said he slapped her face, put his hands on her neck and violently grabbed her hand, according to court records.

Two months later, prosecutors filed an updated account of the incident, in which Ms. Jabbari no longer accused Mr. Majors of having grabbed her neck, but said that he had pushed her into a vehicle. She maintained that he had slapped her in the face, and said that Mr. Majors had grabbed only her middle finger, not her full hand.

Late last week, the police issued what is known as an I-card for Ms. Jabbari. The I-card, which appears in a department database, is different from an arrest warrant, which is typically signed by a judge, but alerts officers that there is probable cause to arrest Ms. Jabbari.

Brad Edwards, a lawyer for Ms. Jabbari, said there was no reason to arrest her and that he had “seen nothing reliable indicating that any agency has developed a different opinion.” 

“In fact, we understand the criminal case against Mr. Majors is proceeding as expected,” he said. “Out of respect for the criminal process and the prosecuting attorneys who will make decisions based on the evidence, we do not intend to respond to rumors.”

Mr. Majors’s case has attracted attention because of his growing celebrity. He is key to the future of Marvel Studios and its cinematic universe: In “Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania,” released this year, he played a character called Kang the Conqueror who was expected to appear in various other Marvel projects. Marvel pictures, based on comic books, are in turn important to the movie strategy of its parent company, the behemoth Walt Disney Company, with a market capitalization above $160 billion. 

Mr. Majors had been a central part of Marvel’s plans. Since his arrest, that future has been in doubt. The U.S. Army took two commercials that featured him out of rotation, with a spokeswoman explaining, “While Mr. Majors is innocent until proven guilty, prudence dictates that we pause our ads until the investigation into these allegations is complete.” 

In March, the Manhattan district attorney’s office charged Mr. Majors with misdemeanor assault among other related crimes. It is not clear how an arrest of Ms. Jabbari might affect the case against him, which is to go to trial on Aug. 3. Misdemeanor charges seldom result in trials, in part because defendants often settle, pleading to lesser charges rather than risking conviction by a jury.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/29/nyregion/jonathan-majors-accuser.html?smid=url-share

He won't get anything close to the equivalent for a public apology, and kudos for Disney not disowning him like it seemed everyone else did.

I really hope this gives some folks pause in their rush to be on the right side of issues before everything is fleshed out.  Criminal Justice system is a joke in many situations here, but he had jus as much a right to defend himself in actual Court even after being convicted in the Court of Public opinion.

What a mess...

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He won't get anything close to the equivalent for a public apology, and kudos for Disney not disowning him like it seemed everyone else did.

I really hope this gives some folks pause in their rush to be on the right side of issues before everything is fleshed out.  Criminal Justice system is a joke in many situations here, but he had jus as much a right to defend himself in actual Court even after being convicted in the Court of Public opinion.

What a mess...

What you mean. Removed him from all ADs and **** without any real evidence. Disney shouldn’t get kudos for ****

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What you mean. Removed him from all ADs and **** without any real evidence. Disney shouldn’t get kudos for ****

They coulda announced replacing him and apologizing for his actions, instead they let this play out to make sure what actually happened via the legal process before cutting him off. 

Isn't that what you'd want who you work for to do for you? Was that the wrong thing to do here?  If the answer to 1 is yes and 2 no, then Disney deserves credit because no one else did, even the Army pulled their ad with him in it.

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I don’t think you should get kudos for doing the bare minimums. 

Fair...jus in this case, Disney did the bare minimum in the case of everyone else not even doing that.  That should at least matter, not a medal for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

What a mess...

apology? Way too early for that. What I see here is a “well she hit me too” situation coming from a grown powerfully built man. And then there’s this…

As Jonathan Majors prepares for a May 8 court appearance on domestic violence charges, his PR problems are about to get bigger.

Sources familiar with the matter tell Variety that multiple alleged abuse victims of Majors have come forward following his March arrest and are cooperating with the Manhattan district attorney’s office. The prospect of more women waiting in the wings would mark a dramatic turn in the case and comes on the heels of Majors’ publicists and management firm cutting ties with the embattled actor earlier this week.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/jonathan-majors-more-alleged-abuse-victims-cooperate-with-da-office-assault-1235588870/

For a long time nothing really happened and then the news broke that other accusers had popped up, and everyone dropped him.  If he’s innocent I hope he gets his justice, but I’m going to let this one play out a little further before I decide anything.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

What a mess...

Yes big props to Disney. I had not followed this story and as I was reading just now I had assumed he lost his place and that would have been devastating, 

How about the former Bills punter?  That accusation was also BS but she has launched  civil suit once the prosecutors dropped the case.  He has countered sued and I will be following that closely.  

@Renegade7 You’re silly if you think this could give people pause from rushing to judgement and declaring someone guilty. It’s going to be the same as it has been. The media will report it in a negative manner and everyone will feed on the poor person and try to make a delicacy of their soul. 

Anger sells and it’s all the rage right now. 

I think Majors can be in the wrong and his girlfriend being in the wrong can both be true. Majors seems like an asshole going by the initial reaction with people feeling like they can finally tell their story. Maybe it's a case he didn't do anything this time but is an asshole in general.

47 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Rolling Stone doubling down on the Majors allegations.

That’s an understatement.

During this three-month investigation, Rolling Stone spoke with more than 40 people who have known Majors during his time in graduate school, his Hollywood career, and his romantic relationships. Many describe Majors as being a complicated, unpredictable, and sometimes violent man, who can switch from charming to cold in a flash. (All of the sources for this article requested anonymity, citing fear of career repercussions and personal retribution from Majors. Some claim they were prohibited from speaking. “My only response can be that I am silenced by an NDA he had me sign,” says one person who worked with Majors.) 

Their stories suggest a pattern of alleged physical, mental, and emotional abuse that dates back a decade to Majors’ time at Yale’s David Geffen School of Drama — where he was involved in physical altercations — and continued to the sets of his movies and TV shows, where production members raised concerns over his treatment of crew. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/jonathan-majors-abuse-allegations-yale-1234781136/

like I said before we are no where near a point where we should be accepting him as the victim in all this.

this part is weird as hell. Be sure to read both paragraphs.

As part of Majors’ legal team’s response to Rolling Stone’s request for comment on the abuse allegations, his attorneys sent six character witness statements from women who Majors had dated or was close with. Majors’ attorney noted in his statement that Rolling Stone “was provided statements from Mr. Majors’s actual past romantic partners attesting to his character and the falsity of the charges, but Rolling Stone purposefully ignored those facts and red flags and published the false charges anyway.”

In fact, Rolling Stone reached out to all six people. Three say they never gave Majors’ team permission to release such statements. Another woman declined to share the statement credited to her by Majors’ team, saying it was pre-written, not truthful, and that she had never approved of its release. (One did not respond to a request for comment.) 

so of six statements sent to rolling stone four said they never authorized them and one declined to comment.  It’s pretty odd for voluntary character statements turn out to be mostly bull****. 

• Like 1