Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

No Nonsense

Simple plan for Weird Al to be elected to the RRHOF.

1.  Cobble together about 45 minutes of discount, knock off Black Sabbath riffs.

2.  Put some community college freshman level, Mao bootlicking, emo screech “rapping” over these riffs.

3.  PROFIT!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Simple plan for Weird Al to be elected to the RRHOF.

1.  Cobble together about 45 minutes of discount, knock off Black Sabbath riffs.

2.  Put some community college freshman level, Mao bootlicking, emo screech “rapping” over these riffs.

3.  PROFIT!

You'll get there eventually.  I have faith.  The way of the accordion is open to even the basest of creatures.  My Bologna, brother.  My Bologna.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2023 at 10:28 AM, No Nonsense said:

Missy Elliot 

Willie Nelson

Sheryl Crow 

Rage Against the Machine 

Spinners

George Michael

Kate Bush

Don Cornelius

Bernie Taupin 

Al Kooper

Link Wray

Dj Cool Herc

A couple of things. How is Sheryl Crow hall of fame worthy? Missy Elliot makes it on the first ballot? Both are in, but Barry White who career was more significant than both, still isn't. Glad the Spinners finally got in, but it would have been better if they'd been inducted while they were still living. There's only one surviving member of the original group. Chaka Khan deserves to get in, but as a member of "Rufus and Chaka Khan." 

George Michael shouldn't be in there, either. Bernie Taupin is in the Songwriters Hall Of Fame, and that's far more appropriate for him. Missy Elliot deserves a first ballot entry imo...

19 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Ninja Sex Party, too.

Induction performance:

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

George Michael shouldn't be in there, either. Bernie Taupin is in the Songwriters Hall Of Fame, and that's far more appropriate for him. Missy Elliot deserves a first ballot entry imo...

Induction performance:

This feels so wrong.  Ninja Brian not wearing Ninja clothes?  And he doesn't kill anyone?

6 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

My issue is that there's some truly legendary artist that have been eligible for years. How does Missy Elliott leapfrog them? I mentioned Barry White. One of the most recognizable voices in all of music and he's still not in. Let's look at rap. How does she even leapfrog Salt n Peppa or MC Lyte as the first female rapper to be inducted. I'm not saying she shouldn't have gotten in, but on her 1st ballot? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

My issue is that there's some truly legendary artist that have been eligible for years. How does Missy Elliott leapfrog them? I mentioned Barry White. One of the most recognizable voices in all of music and he's still not in. Let's look at rap. How does she even leapfrog Salt n Peppa or MC Lyte as the first female rapper to be inducted. I'm not saying she shouldn't have gotten in, but on her 1st ballot? 

Missy’s influence on modern hip hop—both male and female—is indisputable. Artistically she is a tier or two above Salt n Pepa, and her music was far more disruptive to the genre and influenced more genres that SnP and MC Lyte. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Missy’s influence on modern hip hop—both male and female—is indisputable. Artistically she is a tier or two above Salt n Pepa, and her music was far more disruptive to the genre and influenced more genres that SnP and MC Lyte. 

Put her in the hip hop hall of fame then, not the rock and roll one.

17 minutes ago, Cool Hwhip said:

Put her in the hip hop hall of fame then, not the rock and roll one.

What are you, 80? lol…

17 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Another great thing about Missy Elliott’s career is that she sold almost 80 million records less than George Michael.  Which is pretty impressive.

Hoping you’re not equating record sales to being Hall Of Fame worthy. But she is the biggest selling female rap/hip hop artist of all time and was the first female rap/hip hop artist to be inducted in the Songwriters Hall Of Fame. So there’s that.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

What are you, 80? lol…

Hoping you’re not equating record sales to being Hall Of Fame worthy. But she is the biggest selling female rap/hip hop artist of all time and was the first female rap/hip hop artist to be inducted in the Songwriters Hall Of Fame. So there’s that.

I certainly am because it’s the HALL OF FAME.  And yes, Missy’s career sales and FAME absolutely qualify her for inclusion, just as George Michael’s substantially greater sales and FAME absolutely qualify him.

Easy peasy.

5 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I certainly am because it’s the HALL OF FAME.  And yes, Missy’s career sales and FAME absolutely qualify her for inclusion, just as George Michael’s substantially greater sales and FAME absolutely qualify him.

Easy peasy.

Right, not the HALL OF RECORD SALES lol…

If record sales were all that mattered we wouldn’t even need anyone to vote or even nominate artists…we’d just run down the sales charts. Some of the most influential acts in rock and roll history barely sold any records. Missy has been far more influential to music than George Michael was. And for me, level of influential is a deal maker/breaker when comparing one’s worthiness to another.

• Haha 2