Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

No Nonsense

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

You're fooling yourself if you think George Michael wasn't also incredibly influential. 🤷‍♂️

not even close to how influential Missy has been. 

Here’s an e ample: David Bowie and George Michael were both added to the Most Influential People In British History (along with over 60,000 other people lol). Bowie’s blurb said the following:

"arguably, his greatest legacy was in challenging and transgressing the gendered boundaries of his youth".

George Michael’s blurb says this:

"phenomenally successful pop group Wham!," and for "a solo career which saw him top the UK singles and album charts seven times each and sell more than 80 million records worldwide.”

There’s a noticeable difference between what made the two influential.

Also, if that sales figure is correct, Missy definitely did not sell “80 million records less” lol…

23 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Lol…Missy has 40 million less sales than Iggy Azalea.  So influential!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_female_rappers

Also from Wiki lol:

She has sold 40 million records worldwide is  the best-selling female rapper in Nielsen Music history, according to Billboard.”

they May mean only albums, not singles.

And you just made an argument for why record sales should be waaaay down on the list for HOF artists…unless Iggy Azalea is a first ballot Hall Of Famer in your eyes lol…

Also, I see that you define “influential” by record sales. If you know anything whatsoever about music you know how idiotic that is.

9 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Honestly, the most influential thing about Missy was that she was fat for a while.  First time I saw her I thought it was Rerun in drag.

That influence did give rise to the far more talented Lizzo.  So that is a pretty cool deal!

Because I know you know more about music than that I'm just laughing lol 😂...

EDIT: Also, your post reminded me of a lyric from a Prince song called "The Marrying Kind"...

Im gonna put her on the same diet Missy went on
You know she eat too much

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 1