Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

10 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Is he faster? I just rewatched him vs Clemson and I'm not sure that he is that much faster than Howell tbh. He certainly wasn't running away from any of the players on Clemson's defense 

He was atrocious against Clemson in general

As good as Penix was against Texas was as bad as he was tonight 

Daniels could go two I wouldn’t completely rule That out 

14 minutes ago, bh32 said:

What are you gonna draft? A Lt?,a Wr? We have done that over and over throught the decades and it hasn't  produced any better results..if you don't take a chance ona QB you won't fi d one

you trade down, gain a pick and still draft a qb

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

With Daniels, you’re not only gambling he becomes better at i) getting past his first read consistently before taking off and running and ii) he learns to throw with much greater anticipation, but you’re also gambling his slight frame will be able to hold up in the NFL for the next decade plus. 

I think he may be worth the gamble in a normal QB class, but not in this one. 

Maye is the safest option with the lowest ceiling. Even if his ceiling is Josh Allen or Josh Herbert or Trevor Lawrence like so many scouts have cited, that is 3 QBs who have accomplished significantly less than Mahomes (Williams) or Jackson (Daniels).

And whether you agree with the comps isn't the point - they're the ones most often mentioned by the scouts and talking heads that everyone loves to quote (including Spielman)

• Like 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Maye is the safest option with the lowest ceiling. Even if his ceiling is Josh Allen or Josh Herbert or Trevor Lawrence like so many scouts have cited, that is 3 QBs who have accomplished significantly less than Mahomes (Williams) or Jackson (Daniels).

And whether you agree with the comps isn't the point - they're the ones most often mentioned by the scouts and talking heads that everyone loves to quote (including Spielman)

None of them are my comp for Maye. Burrow is. And he might be Burrow with a bigger arm in all honesty.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Didnt think so. Your Daniels bias is legendary. 

Ok. Again we disagree. For some reason you are taking this personally or getting defensive/hurt because your opinion and mine are different? Odd. You like Williams, that's fine, like who you like. Its not really of consequence to me. 

We'll see who the new GM and HC like and hopefully everyone in the front office is on the same page and get it right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don’t evaluate players based on others’ pro comps. 

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Ok. Again we disagree. For some reason you are taking this personally or getting defensive/hurt because your opinion and mine are different? Odd. You like Williams, that's fine, like who you like. Its not really of consequence to me. 

We'll see who the new GM and HC like and hopefully everyone in the front office is on the same page and get it right.

I have been here for 20 years. I dont get defensive or hurt. I enjoy educated conversation and debate. Your debate hasnt really been very educated.

• Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

None of them are my comp for Maye. Burrow is. And he might be Burrow with a bigger arm in all honesty.

Cool however you seem to be an outlier here since that has NOT been the comp for him across the board. Just like everyone constantly mentions that the current consensus among scouts and media has been that Williams and Maye are 1 and 2, the consensus has also been that Maye is comparable to Allen or Herbert, not Burrow. 

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Cool however you seem to be an outlier here since that has NOT been the comp for him across the board. Just like everyone constantly mentions that the current consensus among scouts and media has been that Williams and Maye are 1 and 2, the consensus has also been that Maye is comparable to Allen or Herbert, not Burrow. 

Maye might be Matt Stafford 2.0... big body, big arm. Mostly a game manager.

But he did win a super bowl, so...

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I have been here for 20 years. I dont get defensive or hurt. I enjoy educated conversation and debate. Your debate hasnt really been very educated.

Is there some sort of prize given for length of time posting here? Like a jacket or something? A visit from Major Tuddy lol? 

Again how you feel about my posts is of no consequence to me. In fact, feel free to not engage. But I have posted actual stats, data points, analytics, etc. If you choose to ignore them, that's totally fine. 

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Is there some sort of prize given for length of time posting here? Like a jacket or something? A visit from Major Tuddy lol? 

Again how you feel about my posts is of no consequence to me. In fact, feel free to not engage. But I have posted actual stats, data points, analytics, etc. If you choose to ignore them, that's totally fine. 

snyder has you over for holiday dinners i think at some point

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Maye might be Matt Stafford 2.0... big body, big arm. Mostly a game manager.

But he did win a super bowl, so...

I would not at all call Stafford a game manager 

5 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

https://tarheelswire.usatoday.com/lists/twitter-reacts-to-trent-dilfer-comparing-drake-maye-to-joe-burrow/

https://tarheelswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/14/drake-maye-reveals-which-qb-he-models-his-game-after/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10082615-uncs-drake-maye-praises-awesome-joe-burrows-swagger-its-joe-cool

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=991857285573708

https://www.on3.com/college/north-carolina-tar-heels/news/mack-brown-recalls-first-memory-of-when-he-realized-that-drake-maye-could-be-special-2023-acc-football-kickoff/

• Like 3